White Boy Rick

Parliament

I like how it says based on "the" true story.  Like its something we're all supposed to already know.  I have no idea what "the" true story is about.  If it's based on "a" true story, okay, but we all know they're all embellished to make for better movies.   I'll probably pass.

6 hours ago, Deej said:

I'm guessing there was a white boy named Rick in Detroit in 1984. The rest is all embellishment. 

It's based on the life of Richard Wershe Jr, who became the youngest FBI informant ever at age 14. He really did grow up dealing cocaine on the streets of Detroit. So it's basically a movie about a snitch.

• 3 months later...
It's based on the life of Richard Wershe Jr, who became the youngest FBI informant ever at age 14. He really did grow up dealing cocaine on the streets of Detroit. So it's basically a movie about a snitch.

Yeah, except the marketing would lead you to believe that he was a fucking kingpin, which accounts for possibly 5 minutes of the film.

Couple enjoyable moments, some solid acting and cinematography, but the story mostly fell flat. That ending too... woof!

On 9/16/2018 at 10:37 AM, Party_Taco said:

Yeah, except the marketing would lead you to believe that he was a fucking kingpin, which accounts for possibly 5 minutes of the film.

Couple enjoyable moments, some solid acting and cinematography, but the story mostly fell flat. That ending too... woof!

On 9/16/2018 at 10:46 AM, SimonBolivar said:

I liked it but it did feel all over the place.

23 hours ago, Continental Op said:

About as average as can be.  

All of these.  Whoever did the screenplay must have been  heavily sampling some of the main character's goods and the result was not good.