Texas opens as an 11 point favorite v West Virginia

TexasMan

On 9/25/2022 at 3:36 PM, Tex-19 said:

Wow I did not expect Miss St to be favored over ATM

Well I mean Miami lost to MTSU and Arkansas' QB tried to dive over the pile from the 6 yard line and fumbled it into a TD a week after almost losing to Mizzou State.  I think the rankings of the teams they have played so far is fools gold, and their offense is still terrible.  

Edited by chemHORN

5 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Well I mean Miami lost to MTSU and Arkansas' QB tried to dive over the pile from the 6 yard line and fumbled it into a TD a week after almost losing to Mizzou State.  I think the rankings of the teams they have played so far is fools gold, and their offense is still terrible.  

They also lost Ainias Smith for the year. Their 2nd best offensive player. 

The betting action has been the opposite of last week. Against Tech, the % of bets heavily favored Texas but the % of money being bet actually favored Tech.

Right now, 55% of bets are on WVU but 73% of the money being bet is on Texas. Means a lot of sharp action on the good guys.

The line dropped down to -8.5 last night but is back up to -9.5/-10 today.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:53 PM, TexasMan said:

If y'all are so worried about not covering because of Second Half Sark, you can always take the 1st half line, which will be - by my quick math - Texas -5.5

That's not how that works. 

40 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Line is down to 7.5 this morning 

Guess the line was floating a bit high due to Ewers uncertainty.

On 9/25/2022 at 4:34 PM, Loop 1604 said:

A bad home loss by 14 to WVU should turn up Seven Win Steve’s hot seat to eleventy billion. 

I think we should just let Beard coach basketball and football.

Don't count on it. He still has the Ewers card and Manning coming in. He'll be here for at least another 3-4 years. He has exactly 1 recruiting class of his own to sell, too, as well as a very young o-line. 

13 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Don't count on it. He still has the Ewers card and Manning coming in. He'll be here for at least another 3-4 years. He has exactly 1 recruiting class of his own to sell, too, as well as a very young o-line. 

Yep. Only way Sark gets fired is a 3-win season. Maybe 4. Otherwise gotta give him next year with Ewers, the more experienced stud OLs, and Worthy/Neyor back. Especially with the Ewers injury (somewhat legit) excuse. 

15 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

PK is probably fired after the season, so there's that I guess? Unless you're Burt and still think PK is this super awesome DC who just needs time, damnit! 

We shall see. Long season ahead. The defense has definitely improved so far and the Tech outcome is skewed by the 4th downs. The yards per play stats were still quite good in that game. I won't be surprised if the defense ends up having a solid year.

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

We shall see. Long season ahead. The defense has definitely improved so far and the Tech outcome is skewed by the 4th downs. The yards per play stats were still quite good in that game. I won't be surprised if the defense ends up having a solid year.

Teams are murdering us in the slot and PK still can't adjust to that in any form. Until I see it, he's probably gone. It's ridiculous at this point. I know it's not entirely his fault he has Ovie, but damn he's so average we might as well just try one of the frosh just to see if they CAN be better or for the sake of WV has almost no film on Burke or Finkley. I just cannot sit through watching Ovie and him getting handled by literally anyone with hands. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
Fucking iPhone
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Can you carry in a small 4 year old  little boy without a ticket?  Asking for a neighbor?

No.  Over the age of 2 requires a ticket.

*Unless the kid knows how to slow down a short and intermediate passing attack, in which case he's welcome down on the sideline.

Edited by Your Mom