This is sad and makes me so fucking angry

Mapache

• Mapache changed the title to This is sad and makes me so fucking angry

Planet Earth is and will be just fine.  We can't put a dent in her.  But she may just give us the middle finger and say she's done with us in the process.  I lol when people cry about "what are you doing to the earth," like it matters to the planet.  We're only killing ourselves.

• Like 2

We are all contributing to this by eating fast food. Palm oil is a bitch. Sure, Earth will recover after we are gone. It would be nice if it didn't have to rebuild from scratch and we could enjoy it while we're still around.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Then just walk outside your front door and enjoy concrete as far as the eye can see. Or look out a plane window and realize how few unbroken pieces of wilderness remain. Or try to go for a hike and be unable to escape trash, regardless of how far from civilization you are. The fact that people can be unconcerned about the effect 7 billion of us can have on the place we live is so odd to me. Even if you don't personally give a shit about nature or the environment, I would think you would want to leave something worthwhile for those who are going to be here after us. Things have already changed significantly during my lifetime, I can't imagine what it will be like a couple generations from now.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

Then just walk outside your front door and enjoy concrete as far as the eye can see. Or look out a plane window and realize how few unbroken pieces of wilderness remain. Or try to go for a hike and be unable to escape trash, regardless of how far from civilization you are. The fact that people can be unconcerned about the effect 7 billion of us can have on the place we live is so odd to me. Even if you don't personally give a shit about nature or the environment, I would think you would want to leave something worthwhile for those who are going to be here after us. Things have already changed significantly during my lifetime, I can't imagine what it will be like a couple generations from now.

A couple of generations from now, I offer the Earth my rotting, decomposing corpse as restitution.

12 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

We are all contributing to this by eating fast food. Palm oil is a bitch. Sure, Earth will recover after we are gone. It would be nice if it didn't have to rebuild from scratch and we could enjoy it while we're still around.

1462226353448Planet-of-the-Apes-End-Scen

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

Not only this but the blatant disregard for other species on this planet (that aren't fucking it up) and are simply trying to survive. 

When I look out a plane window, I’m usually more in awe about how much land is relatively untouched by humans. We tend to cluster in urban areas and leave the majority of nature to nature.

16 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

When I look out a plane window, I’m usually more in awe about how much land is relatively untouched by humans. We tend to cluster in urban areas and leave the majority of nature to nature.

i just flew back from LA to houston at night.  between phoenix and the rio grande there's barely any lights.  once you cross the rio grande you start to see the oil fields.  lights all over the place.  a lot of them orange and flickering.  the flickering lights are flares.  from natural gas that has no gathering or storage system, so it's just burned as it comes out of the ground.  it's absolutely crazy that a useful and finite resource is just burned in situ.