Texas vs iowa state - 11am on ABC

Pancho

5 hours ago, SilasCoade said:

Just rewatched the game. ISU has no room to complain about the refs. The two holding calls on Texas were both weak and wiped out big plays, especially the one on the kick return. The missed facemask call at the goal line on Roschon near the end was obvious and right in front of an official. The obvious pass interference calls missed twice. And the play they're whining about was correct. It was a fumble. It was not targeting.

We’d like for you to referee the remainder of our games, if you don’t mind.

15 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The 2nd throw that sailed on Cain wasn't a bad throw. 

He was leading Cain to open space. For some reason Cain decided to sit in the zone where 2 ISU defenders were. I need to go watch that play again but if Cain gets vertical it's likely a 50 or 60 yard gain. 

It was a terrible route by Cain. 

He didn't sit down in the zone, he was tripped by the ISU DB. Fell right in front of me, he was slow to get back up and then half assed his route. Even with the trip, if he would have busted his ass, he could have made a play on the ball.

5 hours ago, po elvis said:

You are wrong on this. The risk in this specific situation was way too great to not do your best play to get the three yards. ISU had just went up 7-0. You can’t risk giving them the ball at the 40 and chance to go up 14-0. So we called a play where Ewers throws the pass he is the worst at to a receiver who has the worst hands in the team. In an important situation.

if you want to do that occasionally on 4th to keep defenses honest, you do it when we are up a couple touchdowns,  not down 7-0 and can give momentum back to the other team.

100% agree.

4 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I remember reading a Scipio recap from one of the Josh Freeman/Jordy Nelson Kstate games where he said something like "as I type this, Jordy Nelson is still wide open over the middle of the field."

Well, as I type this Xavier Hutchinson is still wide open on third and long.

Every single third and long I was screaming at the screen to put 3 guys on him.  Hell, bring in 8 dbs and put them all on Hutchinson, because we all knew that's where the pass was going.  When he was open by 10 yards on the pass he dropped I lost my shit. Sure, he dropped it, but that's the one guy we had to have multiple guys keyed on at that point in the game.

Yesterday must have been what fans felt like facing Colt/Shipley.  We all knew where the ball was going on must-make downs, yet somehow he's still wide open.

Do you consider the immediate area next to the out of bounds as the middle of the field? Because that's where Hutchinson killed Texas. He had 1 or 2 catches in the middle of the field.

5 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Same reason every team that ISU has played has left him open…..he leads the nation in receiving yards….that’s what makes great receivers.

He went 8-84 against Baylor, 13-101 against Kansas, 8-101 against Kansas state, and 10-154 against us. Dude smokes big 12 defenses. If austyn Jordan doesn’t stumble on that 5 yard slant for a 50 yard TD then we actually put up a decent day on defense. We have no playmakers on defense and all our games are going to be ugly. It is what it is, I’m proud of the fight they continue to show. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Do you consider the immediate area next to the out of bounds as the middle of the field? Because that's where Hutchinson killed Texas. He had 1 or 2 catches in the middle of the field.

Read again.  Jordy Nelson killed us down the middle of the field.

Hutchison killed us on 3rd and long, and exactly where you're saying.

12 hours ago, SilasCoade said:

Just rewatched the game. ISU has no room to complain about the refs. The two holding calls on Texas were both weak and wiped out big plays, especially the one on the kick return. The missed facemask call at the goal line on Roschon near the end was obvious and right in front of an official. The obvious pass interference calls missed twice. And the play they're whining about was correct. It was a fumble. It was not targeting.

Forgot the tripping they didn't call on Iowa State as well.

• Hook 'Em 1