Recs: Restaurant for Rehearsal Dinner, ~40, SATX, Jan 13

Mittens

My 77yr old mother is getting married, and I've been tasked w/ identifying a restaurant for the rehearsal dinner.  We had planned on Alamo Cafe, but all they have is an outdoor space. 

Primarily olds, so no need for great food or ritzy ambiance (see: Alamo Cafe), but not Chester's either. 
Needs to be olds accessible so nothing down on the riverwalk w/ 3 staircases on the way.
Limited menu for the group. 
Preferably located between 281 and 35, downtown to 1604.

Thanks!

Edited by Mittens

Since you got your question answered, time to take this thread off the rails.

Your 77 year old mom is getting married and she is going through the full thing with a rehearsal dinner and everything? That's weird right? Don't you just go down to the JP at that age?

Not sure about weird, but it's annoying for sure.  Yes, it's a full on wedding weekend type deal, but casual.  First thing I did was negotiate guayaberas for the men's side because fuck tuxedos.  We were aiming for Alamo Cafe, so that should tell you the culinary expectations.  The reception will be at the old folk's home so all the other olds can have some cake and rum punch too.  Not exactly Four Seasons and Morton's.

She's been divorced for 40+yrs, and this will only be husband #2, so it's hard to begrudge her a celebration too much.  That said, every every time she has some big idea, it involves a bunch of other people carrying it out, because she's old.  Luckily, I didn't have to be involved in moving her this time as the old folk's home has a team that does that within the complex, which is nice.  She invited 150 people - I'm shocked she knows 150 living people.  If there's 60 there, family included, I'll be floored.