2023 Texas Softball - Back to WCWS

Js1

On 2/27/2023 at 1:40 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

Fielding has been a issue for like 3 years now. I don't think White particularly cares. 

It looks like his approach is to get bats in the lineup even if that means a dip defensively. 

ffs how hard can it be to coach a college athlete on how to catch a fly ball?

8 hours ago, Best served cold said:

Is there anyone here who may know how to get get tickets to a game that is sold out? Was hoping to take the family to the Texas-Sam Houston State game and I can't find shit. 

I’ve seen people posting a request for tickets on Facebook.  May be a long shot, since there’s not all that many tickets to begin with.  I’m sure there are other places to look/ask…as well.  Good luck.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Best served cold said:

Is there anyone here who may know how to get get tickets to a game that is sold out? Was hoping to take the family to the Texas-Sam Houston State game and I can't find shit. 

Did you post in the baseball forum,  or are you referring to the softball game @ Huntsville on the 14th ?

Seems many are having to go StubHub.   

• Hook 'Em 1

Hope they are successful in drawing support.   Begins June 15.   No mention of where they will play.

Excerpts:

Austin has a new professional sports team in town: The Texas Smoke, the fourth franchise team in Women’s Professional Fastpitch (WPF) softball.

The team is owned by professional athletes and couple Brandon Phillips and Jade Cargill. Phillips previously played in Major League Baseball and currently plays for the Lexington Legends. Cargill is the current and longest-reigning All Elite Wrestling champion.

The team will be coached by Tori Tyson, who is the current softball head coach at Howard University and previously an assistant coach for the Chicago Bandits, another professional fastpitch softball team.

The Texas Smoke’s roster includes Janae Jefferson, AnaMarie Bruni, Ciara Bryan, Jordan Dail, Marta Gasparotto, Morgan Howe, Alyssa Rivera, Samantha Show and Shelbi Sunseri.

Austin gets professional softball team 'The Texas Smoke' (kxan.com)

Watch us play live in Austin, TX — THE TEXAS SMOKE Welcome to DA SHOW!   (schedule)

Of our 9 players with 30+ ABs, 7 of them  have at least 1 HR (two slappers Popelka and Maloney do not). 5 players have at least 2, and 2 players have 4

On pace for 70 HR if we play 70 games again. Had 68 in 70 games last year.

5 of those 9 players are hitting over .400 (KC, Martinez, Goode, Scott and Maloney). 2 true freshman, 1 RS FR and 2 sophomore 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Of our 9 players with 30+ ABs, 7 of them  have at least 1 HR (two slappers Popelka and Maloney do not). 5 players have at least 2, and 2 players have 4

On pace for 70 HR if we play 70 games again. Had 68 in 70 games last year.

5 of those 9 players are hitting over .400 (KC, Martinez, Goode, Scott and Maloney). 2 true freshman, 1 RS FR and 2 sophomore 

I've been pleasantly surprised by our power.  It's better than I thought it would be.