2023 Youth Baseball Thread - Fungo, BP & Bullpens!

BrazilHorn

On 7/26/2023 at 10:20 AM, Huckleberry said:

I'm not sure if @pepper brooks's son is playing this year but West U is in the Senior League Southwest Regional championship game tonight in Seguin. They lost to Weslaco (Texas West champ) but beat New Braunfels (host team) to get to a rematch for the right to advance to the SLBWS. Yes, the last three teams in the Southwest region were all from Texas. 

https://www.littleleague.org/world-series/2023/slbws/tournaments/southwest-region/

No. He only played travel ball this summer. None of our intermediate team that won state in 2021 played all stars this year. That was the post covid year where lla stopped at state. No World Series that year and our kids basically said no more. Most of the kids on the team this year was their first time to be all stars. They still did really well.  

On 8/28/2023 at 3:49 PM, Murfdogg21 said:

I drew the Space Cowboys for our 7u fall ball team. 

Happy Hour Party GIF by Two Lane Brewing

I sponsored first/most so we got em as well. 10u for my kid who is still 8. He is by far the best player on the team. Next year he is going to get on a travel ball team. I am milking the last year having some free time and being around to see his older brother play. Then shit gets real. I am the defacto pitching coach because evidently I am the only one that can watch YouTube videos on how to teach kids fundamentals. We have 3 kids that can pitch well. We need 3 more at least.  Should be fun.

• Hook 'Em 1

We won the first game tonight with a walk off single from the least likely kid. My son pitched amazing his first time up. 2 innings 6 K's and 2 walks. He kept us in the game. He is excited as hell. Also hit a double that should have been a triple but the third base coach (me) did a shit job. I love this game.

• Like 1