2023 Surly Roto League

txhorns

19 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

tok if you don't mind collecting from everyone, we can collect from you.

otherwise one person can send us $50 and another can split $25 to us and $25 to someone else which feels complicated.

I don't mind collecting but I didn't really want to dox myself by posting my venmo publicly. I'll send out PMs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So LAD/SD play starting March 20th, which I am guessing we would be ok with not including in this season....everyone else starts the 28th.  

So any takers?  As of now it only looks like 5 of us have signed up.  

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

So LAD/SD play starting March 20th, which I am guessing we would be ok with not including in this season....everyone else starts the 28th.  

So any takers?  As of now it only looks like 5 of us have signed up.  

I’m ok with missing those games but it might be fun to draft during that first game of the season.

Yeah getting ready by the 20th seems like a stretch. I assume people will be out of town for spring break this month (myself included).

Maybe post on the baseball board to see if we can get some more participants? Or we could try AL/NL only if we don't get many more. Never done that before but that might be a better option than everyone having stacked superteams.

I posted in one of the offseason threads over there, but we do that every year and it doesn't seem to help lol.  

I would say we at least need to get to 9 again or I may have to bail.  I can't be doing a 5 team league lmao 

On 3/7/2024 at 2:37 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I’m out unless a transaction limit is added. No reason to limit SP innings, but allow 5 moves a day. 

that's the entire reason to limit innings, so that the 5 moves per day doesn't take advantage.

someone might need to start a new thread on baseball board advertising the league.  you can always kill it when we can enough.

12 hours ago, Scraps said:

Yeah well the fact we got moved here is still dumb as hell

choose a random mlb team and make a thread on baseball.

by random i mean nobody on this board cares about them.  i will nominate the detroit tigers.

Yeah that doesnt get traction though lol. Reason yalls other league works in there is have had a full league every year, but i highly doubt many randos visit it. We can always make a thread, but i doubt it helps for getting people.