2018 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

BigOrange1

4 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

make that 19...

yeah i'm gonna need to see some urine from your guys BO. probably some blood too. maybe a few pints per player, just to be safe. let em take some time off and rest for their efforts. 

Edited by Goo Punch

31 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

you realize we both played fawesome when he wasn't managing his team right?  the difference is i beat him 8-3-1 and you somehow lost to him 5-6-1.  

the pitchers he left on his bench against you were awesome, and would have taken three pitching categories away from you. against me they were terrible, and i lost four, count em, four pitching categories on sunday night when chris sale returned. had he been deploying his starters like normal i would not have lost those categories, as his era, whip, and k/bb would all have been way worse. six categories in two weeks and i'm going to lose my first round bye by, what, half a game? 1.5 games? it's total bullshit.

Edited by Goo Punch

nah, fuck that man. this money is not a joke to me. i'm not trying to put all my business in the street but i have had some really bad health problems and have been on disability for a year now. i don't work. i get $500 a month on which to survive. winning this league lets me buy fucking groceries and some new t shirts and socks and shit that i need to live. it's a substantial amount of money for me, and a first round bye automatically puts me in the final 4, a huge leg up when it comes to possibly making money seeing as the top 3 get paid. i don't thinks it's funny at all, and i don't want anyone invited back to this league who can't manage their team. it's total bullshit.

Edited by Goo Punch

32 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

the pitchers he left on his bench against you were awesome, and would have taken three pitching categories away from you. against me they were terrible, and i lost four, count em, four pitching categories on sunday night when chris sale returned. had he been deploying his starters like normal i would not have lost those categories, as his era, whip, and k/bb would all have been way worse. six categories in two weeks and i'm going to lose my first round bye by, what, half a game? 1.5 games? it's total bullshit.

we both played him when he wasn't managing his roster.  back to back weeks.  i beat him, you didn't.

on top of that, i am going to finish ahead of you in 7 of the 12 categories for the season.  nothing was stolen from you.

20 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

we both played him when he wasn't managing his roster.  back to back weeks.  i beat him, you didn't.

on top of that, i am going to finish ahead of you in 7 of the 12 categories for the season.  nothing was stolen from you.

wrong. irrefutably wrong. if he manages his team against us then six categories change. you would be mad as hell if you were in my position, and don't even pretend otherwise. 

also so it's not a roto league, so that is totally irrelevant. 

Edited by Goo Punch

He has a right to feel that way. Sorry that it’s been a rough year for me fantasy wise. I know most of us don’t know each other outside of this board/league so the personal shit doesn’t mean much. But we all go through life’s ups and downs. I’ll spare you the details of my divorce and losing my two dogs but ya know, sorry about losing your first round bye.

24 minutes ago, Fawesome said:

He has a right to feel that way. Sorry that it’s been a rough year for me fantasy wise. I know most of us don’t know each other outside of this board/league so the personal shit doesn’t mean much. But we all go through life’s ups and downs. I’ll spare you the details of my divorce and losing my two dogs but ya know, sorry about losing your first round bye...

well you know what dude, just apologize up front and it's not a big deal. just say that you've been going through stuff and haven't been able to manage your team. everyone will understand that. but when you don't own up to it and then come in here and discount the effect you've had on the league that doesn't fly. your last line there about, "oh sorry that my real problems caused you to lose your first round bye" is passive aggressive crap. as you may have noticed i'm going through my own problems as well, and your negligence could cost me money. if you own it and apologize for it it's fine, but when you come in here acting like i'm the one being unreasonable when you are in the wrong, well that doesn't fly. 

Edited by Goo Punch

well you know what dude, just apologize up front and it's not a big deal. just say that you've been going through stuff and haven't been able to manage your team. everyone will understand that. but when you don't own up to it and then come in here and discount the effect you've had on the league that doesn't fly. your last line there about, "oh sorry that my real problems caused you to lose your first round bye" is passive aggressive crap. as you may have noticed i'm going through my own problems as well, and your negligence could cost me money. if you own it and apologize for it it's fine, but when you come in here acting like i'm the one being unreasonable when you are in the wrong, well that doesn't fly. 

It’s not passive aggressive. It’s bolded sarcasm. You’ve always taken this league 100x more serious than the other members. Real life shit happens. Clearly we both know that. I said sorry for having a down year. But also, it’s just a fucking game at the end of the day. I love this league and all the assholes that have come and gone. But sometimes fantasy sports has to take a back seat to real life.

And I was making light of your very specific if/then scenario. You can probably say that for about 100 different things that may or may not have caused you to miss the bye.

At the end of the day, yes I’m an asshole for missing weeks of the season. For that I apologize. Now that I’m putting my life back together, I should be good. Assuming I’m not kicked out.

• Like 1

I don't want any beef with anyone, I'm just upset about the way my team faded. I'd be more upset if my team hadn't been such giant dogshit for the four weeks preceding this one. My team definitely did not play like a first round bye team down the stretch. It just stings that in reality I still would have gotten that bye had everyone been managing. Oh well, it's over now and the postseason is a new season. How my team does is up top the players now. Good luck everybody.

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I don't want any beef with anyone, I'm just upset about the way my team faded. I'd be more upset if my team hadn't been such giant dogshit for the four weeks preceding this one. My team definitely did not play like a first round bye team down the stretch. It just stings that in reality I still would have gotten that bye had everyone been managing. Oh well, it's over now and the postseason is a new season. How my team does is up top the players now. Good luck everybody.

so you can say with 100% certainty that you did not benefit from someone forgetting to set a lineup at all this season?

From my math/calculation:

Tops Division Winner: (2) This Team Sucks

Bottoms Division Winner: (1) Stay Woke

Wild card matchups

(3) The Mad Fat Chick Killer vs (6) The Mortiest Morty

(4) Raging Kluber vs (5) Skillz n Billz

Will be mad official tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

so you can say with 100% certainty that you did not benefit from someone forgetting to set a lineup at all this season?

no, i can't say with 100% certainty because of course it's theoretically possible that somebody accidentally left a starter in the bench one time against me that i'm unaware of. that said i do check my opponents' lineups every day and until i played fawesome everyone was on top of it. hell, i realized that he wasn't even playing his starters against you because i check all of the box scores so thoroughly. so yeah, i've been keeping tabs on it. 

i don't understand why you're even arguing with me. you benefitted from this. you should be happy, shut your mouth, and move on. you have zero reason to be coming at me like this. you benefitted from his negligence. it's a fact. and now you're coming at me because it upsets me? why? just shut up and be happy. jesus. 

Edited by Goo Punch

21 minutes ago, Fawesome said:

From my math/calculation:

Tops Division Winner: (2) This Team Sucks

Bottoms Division Winner: (1) Stay Woke

Wild card matchups

(3) The Mad Fat Chick Killer vs (6) The Mortiest Morty

(4) Raging Kluber vs (5) Skillz n Billz

Will be mad official tomorrow.

that looks right to me.

do you want me to go pull up the box scores? do you want me to go prove beyond any doubt that six categories were altered in the final weeks due to somebody not filling out his lineup? this is the second time that you personally have benefited from someone doing this down the stretch, and both times you've had the gall to come at ME because i'm upset about it. what is your problem? seriously, make any sense of what you're doing here. fucking kicking a man while he's down. you got your first round bye and you're still starting shit with me over it. stupid. 

Edited by Goo Punch

20 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

no, i can't say with 100% certainty because of course it's theoretically possible that somebody accidentally left a starter in the bench one time against me that i'm unaware of. that said i do check my opponents' lineups every day and until i played fawesome everyone was on top of it. hell, i realized that he wasn't even playing his starters against you because i check all of the box scores so thoroughly. 

i don't understand why you're even arguing with me. you benefitted from this. you should be happy, shit your mouth, and move on. you have zero reason to be coming at me like this. you benefitted from his negligence. it's a fact. and now you're coming at me because it upsets? just shut up and be happy. jesus. 

i'm coming at you because you're whining like a bitch and it's fucking annoying to read.  i finished with the best record in the league and i'm pretty sure i'd be #1 in the power rankings if those were still around.  this season lasted 19 weeks and acting like the only reason that happened is because fawesome didn't set his lineup for a couple of weeks is annoying as fuck. 

24 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i'm coming at you because you're whining like a bitch and it's fucking annoying to read.  i finished with the best record in the league and i'm pretty sure i'd be #1 in the power rankings if those were still around.  this season lasted 19 weeks and acting like the only reason that happened is because fawesome didn't set his lineup for a couple of weeks is annoying as fuck. 

right, and i'm 100% sure that you'd be totally okay with it happening to you. get the fuck out of here. this doesn't even have a goddam thing to do with you, yet you keep inserting yourself because you're all up in your feelings acting like i'm attacking you. you're the one acting like a bitch. you get blessed (for the second fucking time) by benefitting from someone who doesn't manage their roster down the stretch and yet you still get all butthurt every time i call that person out. just shut the fuck up and enjoy your good luck.

also, shut the fuck ip about the power rankings. this is not a roto league. after i ran way out ahead of the pack in our division i purposely traded all of my pitching away specifically to build a lineup that would win 5+ offensive categories every week in the playoffs, seeing as i was a lock to be there. there is no reward for winning the roto standings, thus no one should manage his team as if there were. the roto rankings mean jack shit. 

Edited by Goo Punch

34 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

right, and i'm 100% sure that you'd be totally okay with it happening to you. get the fuck out of here. this doesn't even have a goddam thing to do with you, yet you keep inserting yourself because you're all up in your feelings acting like i'm attacking you. you're the one acting like a bitch. you get blessed (for the second fucking time) by benefitting from someone who doesn't manage their roster down the stretch and yet you still get all butthurt every time i call that person out. just shut the fuck up and enjoy your good luck.

also, shut the fuck ip about the power rankings. this is not a roto league. after i ran way out ahead of the pack in our division i purposely traded all of my pitching away specifically to build a lineup that would win 5+ offensive categories every week in the playoffs, seeing as i was a lock to be there. there is no reward for winning the roto standings, thus no one should manage his team as if there were. the roto rankings mean jack shit. 

1. you need to get you facts straight.  the last time this happened and you whined like a bitch was in the basketball league and it was fucking december and you ended up winning the league anyway.

2. if you're going to win 5+ offensive categories every week in the playoffs, playing one extra matchup shouldn't really be a big deal.

57 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

what kind of health problems derka.  hope you feel better.

i have bipolar and two sleep disorders. my sleep/wake schedule is pretty much unimaginable, and that brings on a whole slew of other health problems. i lost my job three years ago because of it. i'm still welcome back to my school if/when i ever start sleeping again,  but it's been pretty much all downhill since then. i was still working at my school part time for a while but i haven't really been involved there other than announcing football games for a year now. it's the craziest thing. and ive had sleep studies, eeg's, ekg's, mri's, ct scans,  all kinds of blood work, been on every mood stabilizer and sleep drug known to man, and nothing ever works without serious side effects. if you see me acting a fool on here it's a safe bet that i'm getting on or off of some pills. it has been roof stoof, to say the least. 

19 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

nah, fuck that man. this money is not a joke to me. i'm not trying to put all my business in the street but i have had some really bad health problems and have been on disability for a year now. i don't work. i get $500 a month on which to survive. winning this league lets me buy fucking groceries and some new t shirts and socks and shit that i need to live. it's a substantial amount of money for me, and a first round bye automatically puts me in the final 4, a huge leg up when it comes to possibly making money seeing as the top 3 get paid. i don't thinks it's funny at all, and i don't want anyone invited back to this league who can't manage their team. it's total bullshit.

maxresdefault.jpg

“Well they can’t all be winners can they?!?”

• Like 1