Justified: City Primeval

Parliament

I would love to see a fx version of Karen Sisco.

Primeval’s primary failure was the injection of Raylan into a story that didn’t include him. Nothing worked.

As much as I love Raylan and Boyd it might be best to leave it alone and be done. I don’t want to see them turn into a color version of Andy Griffith or Three Stooges postShemp.

I would love to see a fx version of Karen Sisco.

Primeval’s primary failure was the injection of Raylan into a story that didn’t include him. Nothing worked.

As much as I love Raylan and Boyd it might be best to leave it alone and be done. I don’t want to see them turn into a color version of Andy Griffith or Three Stooges postShemp.
Didn't Carla Gugino more or less reprise the Sisco role in an episode of Justified?

Didn't Carla Gugino more or less reprise the Sisco role in an episode of Justified?

Yes she did. She also played Karen Sisco on ABC in the series. She was great as usual but it just wasn’t really Karen Sisco. Had she been cast in a series on fx or HBO back then with Leonard managing writing and creative it would have been great.

If you’ve not read Karen Sisco short stories she is one of his best characters

10 hours ago, APMP said:

Yeah but they changed her last name to Karen Goodall because they didn't have rights to the character or something. I think there some comment about her getting a divorce to imply Goodall was just her married name. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/17/2024 at 7:51 PM, BigOrange1 said:

i caught up on the final 3 episodes last night and actually kind of enjoyed them.  definitely hoping they do something with raylan and boyd in the future.

It’s a fine show when not compared to Justified.  It’s more like The Wire than Justified imo.  Also, surrounding his daughter with people that are professionals didn’t help her much.  I don’t think she was terrible, just mediocre, but compared to some of the heavy hitters in this show it wasn’t great.  It took too long for Raylan to kill anyone too.  The ending was a real cocktease too.