UC Davis serial stabber arrested

ajax

From the article

Two people were killed and a third was injured in the stabbings at parks in Davis, which is the home of the University of California, Davis, since April 27.

I guess it makes sense after reading it 3-4 times, but man, that is some crappy writing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

At least he was caught and it sounds like from the articles I read there will be plenty of witnesses. 

Carlos Dominguez was a third-year student at the university until April 25, when he was “separated for academic reasons,” UC Davis said in a news release.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/04/us/university-california-davis-stabbings-arrest-thursday/index.html

“Separated for academic reasons” is interesting word smithing for flunked out? Just fucking sad and senseless. Like all this type of shit is. Two people dead and one seriously wounded and a community on edge. I understand the killer lived with roommates so any insights they can offer (no matter how small or insignificant) can always help. Sounds like he was arrested wearing the garb witnesses relayed from the individual seen stabbing the woman (recovering in hospital) and found with large hunting knife on him. Glad he was caught because it’s not like he was going to turn himself in.

What is wrong with people?  Can’t cope with anything that doesn’t work out well for them.   Narcissistic, homicidal idiots.   COVID didn’t work as well as it should have.  

Newspaper editor his job didn’t do well to; needs more attention paid to: also., however.

WTF?  It took 3 people to write that copy?   The killer got the wrong three people.  

• Hook 'Em 5

10 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

“Separated for academic reasons” is interesting word smithing for flunked out?

It means he was suspended.  Doesn't sound like flunking out, as that would be done at the end of the semester, but more likely an academic dishonesty ruling or classroom disruption?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It means he was suspended.  Doesn't sound like flunking out, as that would be done at the end of the semester, but more likely an academic dishonesty ruling or classroom disruption?

Yeh. That was UC Davis official statement on Mr. Stabby former student. It was just interesting wording. Wondered if that was a “red flag” so to speak…? Like if he was disruptive or acting violent/crazy? He stabbed two homeless people (killing one) and one former student. So far it doesn’t appear he knew the former student. But I was wondering about that. With the homeless woman he stabbed (tons of eye witnesses) he didn’t get very far before he was picked up by police. Very brazen and crazy act they said he was moving from tree to tree in the park (this was at night) like a cartoon character. Stopping at each tree and trying to blend in? More people who didn’t witness the stabbing witnesses that and called that in as well. 

4 hours ago, deadshank said:

What is wrong with people?  Can’t cope with anything that doesn’t work out well for them.   Narcissistic, homicidal idiots.   COVID didn’t work as well as it should have.  

Newspaper editor his job didn’t do well to; needs more attention paid to: also., however.

WTF?  It took 3 people to write that copy?   The killer got the wrong three people.  

I'm going to guess this guy is psychotic, schizophrenic, etc.

Doubt it's a guy who was just a little down on his luck.

14 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I'm going to guess this guy is psychotic, schizophrenic, etc.

Doubt it's a guy who was just a little down on his luck.

Entirely possible; however, my question and statement stands regarding narcissistic, homicidal idiots.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

He stabbed two homeless people (killing one) and one former student

Actually, the second victim was a graduating senior.

And the first victim, the homeless guy, wasn't a random vagrant. He was well known around campus as "Compassion Guy". He had a bench in the park and would talk to students about compassion. david-breaux-compassion-bench-creator-killed-050223-2-9102247d1b5a4811b54dc1126ca88dba.thumb.jpg.a8fa8c3e5afca982072849f4f2222c1b.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, ajax said:

Actually, the second victim was a graduating senior.

And the first victim, the homeless guy, wasn't a random vagrant. He was well known around campus as "Compassion Guy". He had a bench in the park and would talk to students about compassion. david-breaux-compassion-bench-creator-killed-050223-2-9102247d1b5a4811b54dc1126ca88dba.thumb.jpg.a8fa8c3e5afca982072849f4f2222c1b.jpg

Thanks. I wrote poorly and my excuse was brevity. I did see that about the Compassion guy but wrongly wrote about one of the victims being a former student. Some of the articles are poorly written but I have no excuse. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Who is Carlos Dominguez?

When asked if there was any other information about Dominguez, Pytel said that the accused killer was a UC Davis student "as of last week."

A news release by UC Davis revealed that Dominguez was a third-year student majoring in biological sciences until April 25, "when he was separated for academic reasons."

"We urge the community not to rush to conclusions or speculate until all facts are known," the release read. "We are grateful for law enforcement's quick response and resolution during an extremely difficult period for the city and campus."

Also in attendance at Thursday's briefing was UC Davis Chancellor Gary May, who said the university is fully cooperating with law enforcement while they continue to investigate.

Officials would not further explain what specifically was the reason Dominguez is no longer an academic student. 

Dominguez was a student at Castlemont High School in Oakland before going to UC Davis.
https://www.kcra.com/amp/article/davis-who-is-carlos-dominguez-accused-serial-killer/43797897

David Breaux was identified as the man who was stabbed to death in Davis’ Central Park on April 27.

Breaux was a well-known community member and a positive presence around town, often referred to as the “Compassion Guy” for asking others about their definition of “compassion.”

Two days later, Najm, a 20-year-old UC Davis student, was stabbed and killed at Davis’ Sycamore Park while going home from an undergraduate awards ceremony.

The student was studying computer science and was set to graduate in six weeks, according to his father, Majdi Abou Najm, who also said his son already had two jobs lined up for after graduation.

A 64-year-old woman identified as Kimberlee Guillory was stabbed the night of May 1 at a homeless encampment in Davis on 2nd and L streets.

She was taken to a nearby hospital and underwent surgery. At Tuesday's city council meeting, officials said the victim was alert and talking.

——————

So two days after being separated from the university he started stabbing/ killing people…picture of Mr. Stabby below:

IMG_6148.png

Guy was apparently a decent high school football player and track athlete. Also was a biosciences major, but sounds like he was shitty at that. Combined with the Louisville shooter I guess now you can’t even count on jocks to not be psycho murderers.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Who is Carlos Dominguez?

When asked if there was any other information about Dominguez, Pytel said that the accused killer was a UC Davis student "as of last week."

A news release by UC Davis revealed that Dominguez was a third-year student majoring in biological sciences until April 25, "when he was separated for academic reasons."

"We urge the community not to rush to conclusions or speculate until all facts are known," the release read. "We are grateful for law enforcement's quick response and resolution during an extremely difficult period for the city and campus."

Also in attendance at Thursday's briefing was UC Davis Chancellor Gary May, who said the university is fully cooperating with law enforcement while they continue to investigate.

Officials would not further explain what specifically was the reason Dominguez is no longer an academic student. 

Dominguez was a student at Castlemont High School in Oakland before going to UC Davis.
https://www.kcra.com/amp/article/davis-who-is-carlos-dominguez-accused-serial-killer/43797897

David Breaux was identified as the man who was stabbed to death in Davis’ Central Park on April 27.

Breaux was a well-known community member and a positive presence around town, often referred to as the “Compassion Guy” for asking others about their definition of “compassion.”

Two days later, Najm, a 20-year-old UC Davis student, was stabbed and killed at Davis’ Sycamore Park while going home from an undergraduate awards ceremony.

The student was studying computer science and was set to graduate in six weeks, according to his father, Majdi Abou Najm, who also said his son already had two jobs lined up for after graduation.

A 64-year-old woman identified as Kimberlee Guillory was stabbed the night of May 1 at a homeless encampment in Davis on 2nd and L streets.

She was taken to a nearby hospital and underwent surgery. At Tuesday's city council meeting, officials said the victim was alert and talking.

——————

So two days after being separated from the university he started stabbing/ killing people…picture of Mr. Stabby below:

IMG_6148.png

Have we confirmed whether Carlos Dominguez has ever been to Rainy Street?

6 hours ago, deadshank said:

What is wrong with people?  Can’t cope with anything that doesn’t work out well for them.   Narcissistic, homicidal idiots.

When society tells you that the world revolves around you and concomitantly that someone else's life just isn't valuable then at some point reality slaps you in the face and you've never be told to think about others as perhaps equal or more important than you or how to cope not being number one well.....

Pull in my driveway? It's my driveway, that's a blastin. Society let me down and I'm confused about x,y,z? Find a target group to blame and point your violent animosity towards.  Bullied at school? That's a blastin.  Got my takeout order wrong? That's a blastin.

This isolation culture and relative morality stuff is not working out to well for us. Especially when we can pick up a mass murder weapon on a whim. 

• Hook 'Em 1