Arsenal FC 2023-24: Passion, Energy, Clarity

shadow_operative

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

lee dixon insisting that's not a penalty is fucking mad. he did not touch the ball lee, jesus chipped it over his foot. but don't let that stop you from babbling on incessantly about what a travesty that call was.

Seriously. On what planet is that not a penalty 

7 minutes added.  WTF

Gabi XL got up slowly and was wincing. Please dear God let him be ok. 

10 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Seriously. On what planet is that not a penalty 

7 minutes added.  WTF

Only Cole Palmer is allowed multiple pens in a half. 

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

Zinchenko makes me so darn nervous. 

1000% We’re more stable with Kiwior/Tomi. 

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

Feels like BHA has a "oops look what I found" goal in them so we could really us a second.

Yup. Really need a 2nd goal. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Top of the league mofos. Three points and three more on the GD didn’t hurt.

Yup. This was a tricky one against a bogey side. Should have been 2-nil at HT, Kai’s goal arrived at the prefect time, and we saw out the rest. 

Three points and onward. COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!!

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Looking at those run-ins still sucks knowing that couple weeks in December where we dropped matches to West Ham and Fulham likely bone us in the end.

Phantom goals for sandcastle and Villa hurting also. Crazy that we could potentially finish the season P18 W17 D1 L0 and not win the title. 

Edited by Dutch

On 2/16/2024 at 3:30 PM, shadow_operative said:

i’ve been thinking, and reading up on some stuff, and i’ve come to the conclusion that kai havertz is eventually going to become a very very good player for Arsenal. he wouldn’t be the first player to ever have a slow first season before everything clicks, and the more i learn about arteta’s vision and tactics, the more kai havertz seems like a perfect fit. i say he becomes an important player for us, one who the fans come to love and appreciate.

you know a lot of people like to ask me, “derka, do you ever get tired of always being right about everything all of the time?”, and i tell them, “no; shit no man. being prescient is the tits.” and then i resume mailing all of my always-accurate predictions. it’s great!

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

you know a lot of people like to ask me, “derka, do you ever get tired of always being right about everything all of the time?”, and i tell them, “no; shit no man. being prescient is the tits.” and then i resume mailing all of my always-accurate predictions. it’s great!

Basically 

image.jpeg.0d4110a9e7e464656218d9cf65085ee0.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Alright I’ll be the dumbass who are those guys?

Guy on the left is w/ hand over mouth Jamie Carragher, Merseyside native and former Liverpool CB. Guy on the right smiling is Gary Neville, Manchester native and former ManUre RB. Both were boyhood fans of their respective clubs. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bullneck said:

image.png.28cfab78eb23948d49c8028ed4142012.png

Jurassic Park Hold On To Your Butts GIF by chuber channel
I think our League fate will decided the week of April 20 - 28: Chelsea (who play up to their competition) three days after Wolves (major banana peel game) and right before the NLD (I mean, it's the NLD and Spurs seem to be over their midseason funk). That's a seriously mean list of fixtures. Our solidity in midfield and defense since the winter break does give me hope. Five goals conceded in 11 matches (three of which were fluky: sandcastle got a garbage time goal while we were up 4-nil, Brentford got a gift from Ramsdale who wasn't up to match speed, and Porto was on the final kick of the ball from a brain fart clearance Martinelli won't make again); we aren't winning matches by the seat of our pants while our hair's on fire. We're controlling matches and making the opponent tap. 

If somehow we can get through that stretch without dropping points, I think we'll get it done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

I mean, just, damn. Compare that with who we likely start on Tuesday:

Martinelli/Gabriel Jesus, Havertz, Saka

Jorginho, Rice, Odegaard

Tomiyasu, Gabriel, Saliba, White

Raya

None of that previous lineup makes it in Tuesdays XI. Alexis, Walcott, and LeHair would be very nice options off the bench, not to mention having an Alexis or a Theo in this squad would allow Saka some off days. Koscielny had the misfortune of playing alongside Mustafi, and I think we forget how good was for us at a difficult stretch for The Arsenal; he would have given his left nut to have Gabi XL or Rolls Royce as his CB partner.

Edited by Dutch