2023 Texas Volleyball - Back to Back!

Js1

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Singletary playing a good bit again today. 

I wonder if the O'Neal stuff was just manufactured to get her some playing time. Trying to keep players from transferring? 

Why would Singletary transfer? She’s likely a starting MB next year, with the leg up on Bunton and Ames. I don’t like to speculate when it’s “personal reasons” and she wasn’t even there yesterday. 

She knew she was not going to see a ton of PT when O’Neal announced her return. She stuck around and has gotten PT.

I’m more annoyed with how little PT Devin is getting. She’s so transferring. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Why would Singletary transfer? She’s likely a starting MB next year, with the leg up on Bunton and Ames.

Players transfer all the time when they don't get playing time even when there are desirable situations in the future. See Parra. 

Singletary was a top 12 recruit and hasn't played much at all in 2 seasons. This definitely looks to me like they're trying to give her some reps. 

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Players transfer all the time when they don't get playing time even when there are desirable situations in the future. See Parra. 

Singletary was a top 12 recruit and hasn't played much at all in 2 seasons. This definitely looks to me like they're trying to give her some reps. 

In Parra’s defense, we also had Devin already here and Byrd coming in. There’s no guarantee Parra was going to start; love her, but she’s still a 5’11 OH. 

Whereas for Singletary, we graduate both MBs, bring in a freshman and have a RS freshman on the roster. She’s basically guaranteed to start unless someone “can’t miss” goes into the portal and wants to transfer here. I’m which case, she still has the leg up on both Ames and Bunton for the 2nd spot. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hornsbay22 said:

Jennas is the least terminal outside we have had in a long time.  Can't even tool a block.

You have to go in the portal and recruit over her. Don’t care what you promised her, she’s so bad. 

Just now, Jambon said:

Finally made it into the top 4 and just blew it.  This is on Elliot.

We were still not going to host. But yeah, we finally ran into a team that took advantage of our slow starts + not playing at home

OH2 is going to be a problem for another month. If we make it into mid-December rounds of the tournament 

11 hours ago, Hornsbay22 said:

Jennas is the least terminal outside we have had in a long time.  Can't even tool a block.

Elliot hoping Jenna turns the corner on being a good player -- sample size says probably not.  He may believe they need Jenna playing great for any chance to return to the Final 4.  

• blacklab changed the title to 2023 Texas Volleyball - Back to Back!