2023 Texas Volleyball - Back to Back!

Js1

8 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I guess there's simply nothing we can do about these slow starts that plague us. As long as we keep winning, I guess there's nothing to fix? I keep saying its going to bite us eventually, but it hasn't yet. Suppose I'm the idiot

I’m not sure we can “fix” it. It seems to be that Wenaas’ brain doesn’t start the match on time. Until that’s figured out, we are going to be one pin short every match until she wakes up.  Maybe we can tell Jenna the match starts an hour earlier 

I think she presses too when we end up in that rotation with her and Molly on the pins and Skinner in the backrow. They know she’s the #1 option OOS and that’s the rotation she struggles with and gets blocked the most 

But when she wakes up, she’s good. Texas career high in kills last night

Wenaas - 20 kills, 5 errors, .263

Skinner - 22 Kills, 7 errors, .263

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

Our defense on the second night of these back to backs is insane 

OU1: 3-0, UT: 0.343, OU: 0.241

OU2: 3-0, UT: 0.338, OU: 0.090

BYU1: 3-1, UT: 0.227, BYU: 0.185

BYU2: 3-1, UT: 0.199, BYU: 0.153

Kansas1: 3-1, UT: 0.283, KU: 0.236

Kansas2: 3-0, UT: 0.317, KU: 0.120

Houston1: 3-1, UT: 0.322, UH: 0.234

Houston2: 3-0, UT: 0.296, UH: 0.092

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

Texas started turning it around in the 2nd set. It woulda never been 5 if not for one of the most BS carry calls I've ever seen. I've seen hundreds of carries worse than that not called. Otherwise, Texas takes the 2nd set and wins in 4.

Someone said Elliot got 4 yellow cards and Hunt got 1.   Neither ended up with a red card (which is an automatic point for the opposing team, and would not have helped Baylor much in sets 3 and 4), but Elliot was letting the refs have it the whole game.  Especially with that carry call. 

Elliot has not been friendly with the refs this season.  He's been on their asses a lot of the season. 

Overall, it was a weird match.

• Sets 1, 3 and 4 saw no ties or lead changes.  Baylor led the entire first set and Texas led the entire 3rd and 4th sets.  The 5th set only had 2 ties and 1 lead change
  • Don't often see the winning team +27 in set scores and needing to go 5.  But that's what happened when our 3 winning sets were +14, +14, +5 and we lost -4 and -2
  • Our middles had 10 kills and our setter had 8 herself.  Swindle had more kills than our MB1

Scariest moment by far was Emma taking a knee/thigh to the head on that short serve.  They let her adjust her ponytail and she kept going, so hopefully it was nothing serious. 

Baylor hit .138 last night.  Considering how we rough up opponent's hitting % on night two, good luck to them tonight! 

59 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Someone said Elliot got 4 yellow cards and Hunt got 1.   Neither ended up with a red card (which is an automatic point for the opposing team, and would not have helped Baylor much in sets 3 and 4), but Elliot was letting the refs have it the whole game.  Especially with that carry call. 

Elliot has not been friendly with the refs this season.  He's been on their asses a lot of the season. 

Overall, it was a weird match.

• Sets 1, 3 and 4 saw no ties or lead changes.  Baylor led the entire first set and Texas led the entire 3rd and 4th sets.  The 5th set only had 2 ties and 1 lead change
  • Don't often see the winning team +27 in set scores and needing to go 5.  But that's what happened when our 3 winning sets were +14, +14, +5 and we lost -4 and -2
  • Our middles had 10 kills and our setter had 8 herself.  Swindle had more kills than our MB1

Scariest moment by far was Emma taking a knee/thigh to the head on that short serve.  They let her adjust her ponytail and she kept going, so hopefully it was nothing serious. 

Baylor hit .138 last night.  Considering how we rough up opponent's hitting % on night two, good luck to them tonight! 

Would love to see B12 refs get what they they deserve.

• blacklab changed the title to 2023 Texas Volleyball - Back to Back!