BYU2: 3-1, UT: 0.199, BYU: 0.153

Kansas1: 3-1, UT: 0.283, KU: 0.236

Kansas2: 3-0, UT: 0.317, KU: 0.120

Houston1: 3-1, UT: 0.322, UH: 0.234

Houston2: 3-0, UT: 0.296, UH: 0.092

Trend continues

Baylor1: 3-2, UT: 0.276, BU: 0.138

Baylor2: 3-0, UT: 0.275, BU: 0.109

The WV matches next week are the last of the back to backs before we finish conf play with single matches against KSU, Cincy, Tech, ISU and UCF 

• Hook 'Em 1

Committee top 10:

Nebraska

Stanford

Wisconsin

Louisville

Washington St

Oregon

Texas

Pitt

Arkansas

Tennessee

RPI doesn’t matter bc we have so few top 25 wins 

“Top 10/25 wins” is a metric the committee uses only when they feel like it. Texas scheduled Ohio State and Minnesota - not our fault they sucked this year. Nor BYU losing 2 to KSU. We will really regret that set 2 loss to WSU when we were up 19-11

Edited by Js1

Texas just stole the top 2024 MB from Nebraska a week before signing day. #1 MB and top 5 player overall. Potential starter at MB as a freshman, which isn’t that common at UT

Texas graduates Bergmark and O'Neal, so playing time is available.  Singletary would be first up, as she took a RS last year and has played 10 sets in 8 matches. Bunton is taking a RS, as is customary for most Texas MBs the last decade, except for Chiaka, who played a lot as a freshman. 

Ames is looking like a spring enrollee, so she would have the spring to compete with Bunton to determine if she's going to RS or not.  It has been noted that she looks and plays a lot like the two MBs for Nebraska, 6'4 Becca Allick, who started as a freshman last year, and 6'3 Andi Jackson, who starts this year as a freshman. 

Texas will, as always, be active in the portal for any MBs who already have collegiate experience.  Because you do not want to start the year with Singletary, Bunton and a true freshman.  Depth is always better. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Also with Elliot flipping Ames, I am glad to see him reasserting the top Texas talent belongs at Texas, one way or another. Not including 2023, when we took a heavy OOS class (KY, FL, KY, MO, CA)

Got Ebony Nwanebu (Fairview) to come back to Texas
Got Tiffany Baker (Carrollton) to come back to Texas

Got Madi Skinner (Katy) to come back to Texas
Got Jenna Wenaas (Frisco) to come back to Texas
Convinced Ames (Prosper) to flip to Texas and join Reese Emerick (Austin) and Brennan Ramirez (Waxahachie) in 2024
2025 has Callie Kreuger (Cedar Park), Addison Gaido (Georgetown) and Macaria Spears (Plano) 

Edited by Js1

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also with Elliot flipping Ames, I am glad to see him reasserting the top Texas talent belongs at Texas, one way or another. Not including 2023, when we took a heavy OOS class (KY, FL, KY, MO, CA)

Got Ebony Nwanebu (Fairview) to come back to Texas
Got Madi Skinner (Katy) to come back to Texas
Got Jenna Wenaas (Frisco) to come back to Texas
Convinced Ames (Prosper) to flip to Texas and join Reese Emerick (Austin) and Brennan Ramirez (Waxahachie) in 2024
2025 has Callie Kreuger (Cedar Park), Addison Gaido (Georgetown) and Macaria Spears (Plano) 

Is that Marcus Spears daughter?

• Hook 'Em 1

Ayden Ames switching from Nebraska to Texas one week before signing day and two months before she reports to on campus dorms has paid such dividends for me on the entertainment front. This has been a glorious 24 hours. And that's not even counting the fact she's a top talent at a need position. This has been beautiful. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

No slow start today. Way to handle business 

That felt like a slow start to me. West Virginia just looked awful. But maybe I'm picky. I felt like it was difficult to learn anything about the team with West Virginia being so woeful.

I agree with Js1's comment. They seemed to tool off our block regularly. Only 5 blocks this match in 3 sets. Usually we average over 3 blocks per set, and West Virginia is one of the worst teams on the entire schedule. 

It seems like Texas has improved in the second match every time we have these back to back matches this season, so I expect more of the same at the ridiculous tip time of 4pm central. 

• blacklab changed the title to 2023 Texas Volleyball - Back to Back!