Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

Just threw this on because we're getting close to that time of year. We should come back and get a W here.

We're pretty damn good this season, no?

Haven't really watched any but I follow our results and record. Not asking for but I'd welcome a quick cliff's notes on the season and how we look going into the playoffs. 

42 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Just threw this on because we're getting close to that time of year. We should come back and get a W here.

We're pretty damn good this season, no?

Haven't really watched any but I follow our results and record. Not asking for but I'd welcome a quick cliff's notes on the season and how we look going into the playoffs. 

Otter sucks now, and we're gonna lose to either the Avs or Jets in round 1.  Stanky and Wyatt are awesome.  HTH.  

51 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We can score with anyone.  2nd line has played like our best line.  Duchene has been a great pick up and Seguin/Duchene mesh well.   Otter has been inconsistent this season at best and flat out shitty at times.  Our defense is still shitty overall but hopeful Tanev acquisition will solidify things down the stretch/playoffs.   Incredibly tight race in the division with Jets and Avs.   Winning division probably more important this year than most (although outside chance that could land you a first round matchup with a magically healthy Knights if they keep fucking around).

We probably go as far as Otter can take us in the playoffs.  If we could guarantee elite goaltending it would be hard to pick against us against anyone.  Probably 10-12 teams that think they have a legit shot at lifting the cup.  Playoffs should be great.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Skipper said:

We can score with anyone.  2nd line has played like our best line.  Duchene has been a great pick up and Seguin/Duchene mesh well.   Otter has been inconsistent this season at best and flat out shitty at times.  Our defense is still shitty overall but hopeful Tanev acquisition will solidify things down the stretch/playoffs.   Incredibly tight race in the division with Jets and Avs.   Winning division probably more important this year than most (although outside chance that could land you a first round matchup with a magically healthy Knights if they keep fucking around).

We probably go as far as Otter can take us in the playoffs.  If we could guarantee elite goaltending it would be hard to pick against us against anyone.  Probably 10-12 teams that think they have a legit shot at lifting the cup.  Playoffs should be great.

Thanks.

Glad the Devils returned the favor by beating Jets as well. Jets are in the middle of the type of stretch we played through in February (including now a back-to-back Sat/Sun).  Hoping they run out of gas.  Although unfortunately who knows if the Avs will ever lose a damn game again.  They have won 7 straight and now have 5 in a row at home. 

Let’s get this one. I think the jets and avs are about caught up with us on games thank God and we are all tied. Maybe one of them are back 2 games but can’t recall and too lazy to google.

Sure could use a good effort on the back end to keep giving Jake some confidence.

Master of the obvious post here, but after that NJ game I was bummed out.

Posted (edited)

need to treat tonight and the next game like a glorified scrimmages and just work on our plays, passes, outlets, etc. don't get into a hitting match or baited into fighting or any shit. just take care of business and get two points and get ready for a good tilt against VAN. We failed the last eye test against FLA. We need to have a good showing for this one.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

Just realized the arena in Tempe holds 4600 people and owned by Arizona state. No shit they want to move. Just not to Houston please.

“ hey bro, I got tickets to the yotes game tonight!”

“Where are the seats?”

“Back of the stadium, but it’s still the 10th row”