UAW Strike / Absurd Executive Compensation discussion

horn4life

On 10/30/2023 at 3:12 PM, Incredulity said:

Nobody buys the RWD starter models.

The starter model F150 is the white commercial model.

I had a 2008 white RWD supercab fleet model from my landscape company and it was the best vehicle I’ve ever had. “Nobody” buys them except working class people who do truck stuff. The others mostly exist to mask fragility and the bed is about as useful to most of them as a vestigial tail.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Meh.  Would rather feed someone grateful to have the work.  Learn to code?

How do you know they aren't grateful in the U.S.?

Here's your hero (again, since I posted this on page 1):

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I had a 2008 white RWD supercab fleet model from my landscape company and it was the best vehicle I’ve ever had. “Nobody” buys them except working class people who do truck stuff. The others mostly exist to mask fragility and the bed is about as useful to most of them as a vestigial tail.

Yeah, my last round of car-shopping included half-tons.  A big part of me didn't want to give up the amenities of my luxury sports cars, but another part of me said "this is a truck, it should have rubber floors that I can hose out."  That, and the cost of the things with what I consider to be too high mileage for "gently used" told me, if I want a truck it needs to be a second/third vehicle.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

in order of probability

1) Rivals of Fain

2) The GOP making a play, via Fain’s rivals

3) Foreign actors creating dissent via social media

Man, I wish there was some way to make unions less susceptible to corruption.  I think it's the nature of the beast, though.  And, we really need them badly as a counterbalance to runaway capitalism.

Much ado about nothing; Passed the vote:https://www.npr.org/2023/11/16/1212381342/gm-autoworkers-vote-yes-approve-uaw-contract-ford-stellantis

UAW workers narrowly approved their new contract with GM. After some uncertainty that the deal would pass, 55% of United Auto Workers members voted to ratify the labor contract with General Motors, granting them historic wage gains and other perks following their six-week strike against the automaker. Majorities at some factories voted against the deal over disappointment that it didn’t win back other benefits, like retiree healthcare and pensions. The UAW will now finish voting on similar deals it made with Ford and Stellantis, and those are likely to pass with bigger margins.