NFL Week 4

shadow_operative2.0

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

This has zero to do with anything in the game Monday night. Daniel Jones is not a good qb but his o line’s performance was as atrocious as I’ve seen in a long time. They made Seattle look like the 85 Bears. You didn’t watch the game. Fucking move on.

"Daniel Jones isnt good, but the fact that he isn't good has nothing to do with the fact that the offense he leads and is supposed to be in charge of was abysmal on monday night and plays uninspiring football in general". OK then.

10 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Outside of one half of football against the Cardinals they've been outscored 114-15. QB play is absolutely the problem. And your opinion that a great QB doesn't elevate the play of those around him is objectively wrong, and is quite frankly fucking dumb. We hear athletes talk about it all the time. The great ones make everyone around them better.

Even the great ones don't make dogshit offensive linemen better. Nobody here is saying Jones isn't bad (BTW he sucks and was a horrible draft decision), but you act like any other quarterback would have magically made that line better Monday night. Zero pass protection. Zero threat of a running game to keep the Seahawk defenders from pinning their ears back and bringing it.

Sorry Daniel Jones fucked your mother and then never called her again. 

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

Even the great ones don't make dogshit offensive linemen better. Nobody here is saying Jones isn't bad (BTW he sucks and was a horrible draft decision), but you act like any other quarterback would have magically made that line better Monday night. Zero pass protection. Zero threat of a running game to keep the Seahawk defenders from pinning their ears back and bringing it.

Sorry Daniel Jones fucked your mother and then never called her again. 

I never said that putting a different QB in would make them block better. What i said is that a better QB would do a better job of working around it. You can scheme around bad oline play with a better QB. The problem with that is the QB needs to be accurate. What we saw on monday night was a guy who isn't accurate, cant throw people open, and who has no idea what to do when the first read isnt there. So he holds onto the ball for too long, he has no internal clock and no feel for the rush, and it leads to lots of sacks and everything on the field looking like complete shit.

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I never said that putting a different QB in would make them block better. What i said is that a better QB would do a better job of working around it. You can scheme around bad oline play with a better QB. The problem with that is the QB needs to be accurate. What we saw on monday night was a guy who isn't accurate, cant throw people open, and who has no idea what to do when the first read isnt there. So he holds onto the ball for too long, he has no internal clock and no feel for the rush, and it leads to lots of sacks and everything on the field looking like complete shit.

Not one of those sacks were because he held the ball too long past a first read. You have no idea what you're talking about. The Giants had an incredibly shitty oline performance, a shitty game plan, and made zero adjustments. That's what happened. Again, Jones was actually their best player on offense as far as I could tell. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Not one of those sacks were because he held the ball too long past a first read. You have no idea what you're talking about. The Giants had an incredibly shitty oline performance, a shitty game plan, and made zero adjustments. That's what happened. Again, Jones was actually their best player on offense as far as I could tell. 

The guy that threw a goal line pick-6 when the game was still in reach was their best player. What a take.

15 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I never said that putting a different QB in would make them block better.

10 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

And your opinion that a great QB doesn't elevate the play of those around him is objectively wrong

Oh cool, resorting to semantics. Always a great sign that you're winning an argument and not a complete dumbfuck.

You agree with me that he isn't a good player, but can't seem to connect the dots on everyone else also looking shitty with him.

Edited by Pam Cummings

When “Kept clean” Daniel Jones gets rid of the ball slightly quicker than Stroud this year. In roughly the same number of dropbacks, Jones has scrambled twice as much. He’s pressured 10 percentage points more often.

As for the last game, Jones got rid of the ball in 2.13 seconds when clean. That was quicker than Stroud. And that likely is amongst the quickest you will see of anyone over the course of a season.

He had one other game, maybe the 49ers, in which he got rid of it 2.08 when clean.

The “when pressured” number is different because dudes who can move have a tendency to hold it longer. Jalen Hurts for example has higher times than Jones in each scenario. Bit Jones is higher than many here.

Many QBs can avoid one rusher, but it’s the consistent pressure from guys 2 and 3 that create the biggest problems. The exception to that is guy 1 getting immediate pressure.

As previously mentioned, the WRs arent running hard. It’s not talked about much but the WRs do impact the read. If your WRs don’t cause the D to react and the Oline opens instantly, good luck.

• Like 1

Im disappointed to see 2 pages of arguing whether Daniel Jones or his Oline suck (they both do) and zero making fun of Aaron Rodgers unhinged Pat McAfee interview where he once again purports to know more than medical professionals and claims he will be back by week 8.

There's nothing normal about how I'm attacking this rehab," Rodgers said during his weekly appearance on "The Pat McAfee Show." "The common practice is about six weeks in a boot, and I was in a shoe in 13 days.

"This is just my mindset. I believe in the power of intention. I believe in prayer. I believe in your mental status and the power of will. I believe in making room for the miraculous to happen."

He also called Travis Kelce "Mr Pfizer", earning bro points from the Elon Musk free thinking research crowd. You know he's so jealous Travis got Taylor and all the attention that comes with it. I laughed so hard when they showed him in Woody Johnson's suite with his head on his chin like a bored teenager. I guarantee he only showed up to that game to rub elbows with Taylor Swift and company and then he didn't even get invited to the suite. Sad. For him. Hilarious, for everyone else.

• Like 1