NFL Week 4

shadow_operative2.0

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, tbone_ said:

Off topic from the current game, but did anyone else see Brock fucking Purdy go 20 for 21 today?

Granted it was the Cardinals, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen an NFL qb do that.

That kid is good.

Yes he is. But he’ll get stuck with the shit Brady got stuck with “system QB great OC anyone can do what he does” criticisms. They get old. Because of where he was picked. He elevated Iowa State when he played. Made Campbell look like the guy. He’s very talented. It’s a shame that people can’t look at his success and be impressed. If he was a first rounder people would be talking MVP and elite. But when a first rounder sucks like Fields or Mac Jones they give tons of excuses for them until they get eventually benched or traded or cut. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Off topic from the current game, but did anyone else see Brock fucking Purdy go 20 for 21 today?

Granted it was the Cardinals, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen an NFL qb do that.

That kid is good.

I feel like this sort of thing was done a handful of times in the last years and had to look it up. The Brees game came to mind right away. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_cmp_perc_single_game.htm

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yes he is. But he’ll get stuck with the shit Brady got stuck with “system QB great OC anyone can do what he does” criticisms. They get old. Because of where he was picked. He elevated Iowa State when he played. Made Campbell look like the guy. He’s very talented. It’s a shame that people can’t look at his success and be impressed. If he was a first rounder people would be talking MVP and elite. But when a first rounder sucks like Fields or Mac Jones they give tons of excuses for them until they get eventually benched or traded or cut. 

Mam, this is a Wendy's

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Our society is a crumbling fucking mess. Highest rated cable show every week and we're showing some douchefuck who is famous for being on commercials and then fucking Taylor Swift. 

I'm going to go blow my brains out in my closet. Y'all enjoy the 2nd downfall of the Roman empire without me. 

• Like 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Our society is a crumbling fucking mess. Highest rated cable show every week and we're showing some douchefuck who is famous for being on commercials and then fucking Taylor Swift. 

I'm going to go blow my brains out in my closet. Y'all enjoy the 2nd downfall of the Roman empire without me. 

Rahsee fucking nice though. 

23 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

That kid is good.

Phil Simms had a Super Bowl with similar numbers. 

I watched Tom Brady basically tell the refs to throw flags on the other team for years and they scurried to do his bidding. 

Now I guess since Mahomes and the Chiefs are the new prima donna darlings of the NFL, they get to have hankies tossed to bail them out w/e they need it.  Helped 'em win the Super Bowl back in February.  Now it's helping them squeak past the Zach Wilson led Jets when Mahomes is playing like ass.  

Edited by SpiralOut

2 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

I watched Tom Brady basically tell the refs to throw flags on the other team for years and they scurried to do his bidding. 

Now I guess since Mahomes and the Chiefs are the new prima donna darlings of the NFL, they get to have hankies tossed to bail them out w/e they need it.  Helped 'em win the Super Bowl back in February.  Now it's helping them squeak past the Zach Wilson led Jets when Mahomes is playing like ass.  

Call me a Tech and Mahomes homer but...

In both cases, the DBs actually did jam and grab the receivers at the LOS

Call it ticky tack if you want but if you don’t want it to be called - DON’T DO IT!!!!

(however, a 5 yd penalty shouldn’t come with an auto first down - that rule should be changed)

3 hours ago, BluTechsan said:

Call me a Tech and Mahomes homer but...

In both cases, the DBs actually did jam and grab the receivers at the LOS

Call it ticky tack if you want but if you don’t want it to be called - DON’T DO IT!!!!

(however, a 5 yd penalty shouldn’t come with an auto first down - that rule should be changed)

It was extremely ticky tack, especially when the refs do like they do here in college and see no evil when it comes to O-linemen holding.  

Plus, it looked to me like the ref never pulled the flag until after he saw the pass get intercepted.  That's not a good look.

I think Taylor fucking with Chiefs juju. 

Ya think? This kind of thing is never good for football teams. It happens every time. Romo looking like shit with Jessica Simpson. Troy with Lorrie Morgan/Jeanine Turner. Reggie Bush and Kim Khardashian.
Rodgers is the only one who seems to have figured out how to manage his celebrity romances.

It was extremely ticky tack, especially when the refs do like they do here in college and see no evil when it comes to O-linemen holding.  
Plus, it looked to me like the ref never pulled the flag until after he saw the pass get intercepted.  That's not a good look.
This is what I hate the most. The flags that happen after the refs see the result of the play. They will let it slide it the ball is caught because the flag is no longer needed. You see it in basketball often too. Ref waits to see if the shot is made before blowing the whistle.

That call came right after they "missed" a blatant hold on that Mahomes scramble that helped free him up.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

Exactly what it looked like and yeah, wasn’t a good look. 

• Hook 'Em 2