So....Somali grub

Brisketexan

My daughter’s flight gets in to LAX several hours after mine. Wife and son headed on down to be beach. I’ve got time to kill. And I was damned hungry. Need to find something I wouldn’t get at home.

Toyed with hitting Roscoes, but I’ve done that before. Saw a Somali place....that’s different.

b8a3e0e12a51e71c21d95b59ef38c24d.jpg

It’s a long hallway kinda place. About 15 folks here. I’m the only non Somali here (we’ll...there’s one other - the Mexican waitress).

Really social, friendly vibe.

Every meal comes with a bowl of soup, and a banana:

65a761501823cf0ccdaf52ee9114aa5b.jpg

And that green sauce is a spicy pepper sauce, with a nice tang. Add that, and a squeeze of lime....and it tastes a whole lot like my grandma’s caldo de pollo.

And the meal: goat.

ca45312b766475477987ade66f149aea.jpg

Damned good. Toss the meat and veggies in the really good rice, top with a little sauce, and it’s fantastic.

I mean, I doubt I’ll ever be here again, but hey, if you’re in Inglewood and want to try some Somali grub, you’ll be glad you stopped in

• Like 2

On 7/6/2018 at 5:52 PM, DoobieWah said:

Uhmmm. Houston says, "Hey".

😁

Houston is where I developed an education and appreciation for Turkish, Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese, food, while finding little gems like a great Belgian restaurant (and yes, almost all in ugly strip malls). It's an amazing food town for many of the same reasons LA is. 

Edited by Txzen
  • Like 1