The Challenge Season 39: Battle For A New Champion

shadow_operative

i’ve hated corey for a while now, probably since that first elimination he had with hughie, so this last bit of the show has been very enjoyable to watch. corey loves to act like he’s above it all, when in reality he’s just as dramatic and full of shit as anyone else in the house. i’m just past the nomination part, i hope devin sends corey home.

Edited by shadow_operative

i had to ffwd most of this episode. this season sucks. i don’t know these people, i don’t like these people, and they make for terrible tv. buncha whiny, mopey, gen z losers. yeah i guess we’ve “evolved”,  it the show was so much better when guys were getting a .25 BAC and wrestling in the streets while the women were just ruthless to one another, as opposed to all cast members being these weak minded, victim mentality having, hypersensitive wanna be reality stars. these people would not have survived the old school challenges. i can’t believe how quickly this show has gone downhill with this weak ass casting of weak ass people.

The slow seasons have been a huge problem in past years. You've got a cast of ~25 with one person being eliminated a week and now a person might not be eliminated each time which makes the pacing awful. I love that they HAD to get rid of Melissa and she promptly was taken out quickly by Tori in an objectively fair elimination. Was anyone actually worried about her in a final? These massive alliances make it so rough to watch. I think 39 was filmed before the CBS season but the hopper or something similar really needs to be a permanent addition to the game both entertainment wise and to prevent the alliances from having total control.

• Like 2

Another puzzle elimination, very fun 👍

The reason all the nominations are so boring is that they keep getting put into random teams so no big swings are able to be taken. Why are they always in teams when it's an individuals season? In Free Agents for example it was a mix of teams, pairs, solo challenges so I don't understand the logic.

• Hook 'Em 2

I have never ever like Cara Maria and especially hated her and Paulie together.

I was happy that she drew Chaos. Happy she picked Michelle.

Then remember why I hated her when she couldn’t even come close to solving the puzzle.

13 episodes in, 16 people left. Think CT is the last champ left to come out? Give me a mini final to get rid of half these people or something. Also, Kyland's group is dumb, if you knew Nurys wouldn't vote for Jay....then put Corey or Asaf in. It's really not that hard.

Edit: From the preview next week is a mini-final which feels kinda dumb but also this season is 19 episodes? So I guess some purge is coming.

Edited by Teryor
  • Like 1

the people on this season suck, from the whiny, mopey, hypersensitive gen z losers like kyland and corey, to the rest of this love island cast who somehow took a wrong turn and ended up on the challenge. i like horacio and olivia just fine, and im rooting for Ed who i really like. the rest of this cast is straight up boring, and the show has become more about the casts love lifes and personal feelings than it has resembling anything close to the OG challenges. i’ve fast forwarded 90% of the last three episodes and i don’t think i’ve missed anything.

also, jay and michelle are the new faces of the challenge? why? her voice makes me want to jam pencils in my ears, and jay is some weak ass fan boy who brings nothing to the show. i suppose one of them will be the eventual winner seeing as mtv has put the two of them front and center this entire season. ugh. what have they done to my favorite reality show? these people would get eaten alive on a real season with the likes of CT, Bananas, Abram, Darrell, Landon, Zach, Frank, Coral, Evelyn, Emily, Cara, Camila, etc. these people are wanna be famous flowers who do nothing for me. i hate it so much.

also, Brad is one intense, weird dude. he freaks me out.

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

the people on this season suck, from the whiny, mopey, hypersensitive gen z losers like kyland and corey, to the rest of this love island cast who somehow took a wrong turn and ended up on the challenge. i like horacio and olivia just fine, and im rooting for Ed who i really like. the rest of this cast is straight up boring, and the show has become more about the casts love lifes and personal feelings than it has resembling anything close to the OG challenges. i’ve fast forwarded 90% of the last three episodes and i don’t think i’ve missed anything.

also, jay and michelle are the new faces of the challenge? why? her voice makes me want to jam pencils in my ears, and jay is some weak ass fan boy who brings nothing to the show. i suppose one of them will be the eventual winner seeing as mtv has put the two of them front and center this entire season. ugh. what have they done to my favorite reality show? these people would get eaten alive on a real season with the likes of CT, Bananas, Abram, Darrell, Landon, Zach, Frank, Coral, Evelyn, Emily, Cara, Camila, etc. these people are wanna be famous flowers who do nothing for me. i hate it so much.

Is it just me, or did Brad's voice completely change? i swear he didn't sound like himself. Not just softer, but...different.

I completely agree with the un-interesting quality of most of the cast. They talk endlessly to fill the 90 minutes, and it's so repetitious. 

If the veterans had done what they were supposed to and sent people home, the show would have moved along better. Still boring people, but at least things would go somewhere.

I fear the final may suck. TJ keeps teasing only one new champion, so it can't be that physical.   

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i noticed that as soon as he opened his mouth. way less gravely and deep, more high pitched and younger sounding.

Okay. I thought I was crazy at first, but he really does sound completely different. His sunken eyes kind of of creeped me out as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

It's not Jay and Michelle's fault. It's the fault of all the people who follow them. Emanuel, Berna, Nurys, Ed, Olivia, Moriah (absolute worst), James (simp+cuck), and Asaf. They're all playing scared of Kyland, Horacio, and Zara. I'd absolutely pick those last 3 as the favorites to win a final but to be so scared of them they're ok being at the bottom of an alliance controlled by mid-competitors is stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

Frank

quoting this because i listed frank for a reason. when i say, “these people would be eaten alive”, i don’t just mean competitively, i mean mentally and emotionally as well. someone like frank could bring corey to his knees if corey ever decided to beef with him. the drama on these seasons is *nothing* compared to previous seasons. give me frank, fessy, josh, camila, paulie, jasmine, knight, and beth all day over this cast of vanilla, milquetoast wanna be reality stars.