What would make 2023 a success? (poll)

nunna yo bizness

What makes 2023 a success?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Given where we are now what NEEDS to happen for 2023 to be a success for you?

• Getting to B12 CCG makes this already a success
    • Have to win B12 CCG
    • Winning a bowl with acceptance of no playoff spot
    • Have to make the playoffs
    • Win playoff semifinal
    • National champions or bust
    • Nothing short of undefeated national champions was good enough.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Well if we don't get in the playoff, we're going to be playing either Mizzou or Tulane in the Cotton or Fiesta. If we lose the Big 12 CCG, maybe we get an at-large spot but it's only guaranteed if we finish 12. 

Mizzou is quietly a 10-2 team and the Cotton is now considered prestige. Smacking a now-SEC rival there would be satisfying. Pedo State would be funner. 

Tulane has no cachet

If we win I say 12-1 conference champs is an amazing season. It’s Murphy’s Law that the season we finally do that it is also the last year of the 4 team playoff and for the first and only time in that era we have so many 12-0 and 11-1 teams bunched up like this.

• Hook 'Em 3

The #1 goal for me is always to win the Conference Championship. 

It's what I measure success and failure by. 

It's why those toothless bastards up north get my respect, even though they suck. They always knew the goal is easier to achieve when you win on the 2nd saturday in October... 

It's why Mack Brown used to piss me off.

It's why when people talk about all of the expectations and what we should be doing, I roll my eyes.

Championships are what count, and the only one the team has actual control of is the Conference Championship.

• Hook 'Em 3

My goal was always for them to play solid winning football.  Two things would make it OK for me are:

1) Win

2) Pay my cardiologist bill!

shit i has da olds and I was stressed in ‘69 against ArkyPig.  And you all pulling this 3 point shit.  My doctor bills!

pay up by fucking winning!  Smash Mouth!  With skid marks as we walk out the fucking door!

🤘

5 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

We backdoored our way into the BigXiiCG under Herman. 

We won out after losing to OU and are the #1 seed. Totally different situation and circumstance. 

if you want to say that being the #1 seed means we have to win to be successful, then I understand that argument (although I don’t agree with it) much better than the argument that this is somehow the same season as Herman has in 18.

I would not compare this year to 2018 thus far, it's actually kind of the opposite. 2018 stumbled out the gate against a less than premier OOC opponent, overperformed in Dallas, and then blew a couple of conference games but still backed into the CCG as an underdog 2 seed; this year's team team got a huge win early, played one of its worst games of the year in Dallas, and is otherwise undefeated and is an outright 1 seed/heavy CCG favorite.

Not even comparable to date. But lose the next two games and all of a sudden they look comparable. 10-4 with an OU and Sugar Bowl win vs 11-3 and the Alabama win, but a L in Dallas, and a huge upset in the CCG followed by an underwhelming NY6 Bowl performance. Not a ton of daylight there. Finishing matters. Fortunately I'm confident they can close this thing on Saturday.