Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

5 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Mac gets out of a bases loaded jam

She definitely got squeezed on a few pitches but her and Stewie should have a better idea now of the HPU’s zone 

Posted (edited)

UTA CF making some web gems. Texas up 2-0 on an RBI groundout and an RBI sac fly

shocker, she’s an Austin product. Gotta show off against Texas - bet we were her dream school

Edited by Js1

15 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I think it’s a good thing when the goal is to end games early. Forget just winning 

I think the message will be putting the kill shot when you have the chance. Gotta finish games

• Hook 'Em 1

Texas wins 8-1 and goes to Houston (fuck the Big 12 for making us play every single sport at UH this year) to open Big 12 play Friday to Sunday 

• Hook 'Em 1

So last night they showed Baylea Brandon and Alyssa Popelka in the OF watching the game.  Love having some players we wanted to stick around still showing support!

Though I thought Popelka was going to UW - she isn't on the roster. UW announced her signing on July 31.  Wonder what happened there...

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So last night they showed Baylea Brandon and Alyssa Popelka in the OF watching the game.  Love having some players we wanted to stick around still showing support!

Though I thought Popelka was going to UW - she isn't on the roster. UW announced her signing on July 31.  Wonder what happened there...

I had heard from another board she was not on the roster there.  Not sure what happened.

On another note, looks like they make even our former players sit in the cheap seats.  

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I went googling and found no reason.  Was she a grad transfer?  Maybe she just quit and got a job.   Same with Courtney Day.

Would not surprise me. Have wondered if that’s why Luke Storm (baseball transfer) quit suddenly as well. The job offer may have been more lucrative or they weren’t willing to defer it for 6 months so they could play ball 

Edited by Js1

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Same with Courtney Day.

The coach at Ole Miss is apparently a real bitch/ahole and tons of players have left recently.  This board claims the coach and Day did not get along and Day told her to shove it.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

The coach at Ole Miss is apparently a real bitch/ahole and tons of players have left recently.  This board claims the coach and Day did not get along and Day told her to shove it.   

Good for Courtney. Students athletes shouldn’t take that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Popelka's mother is battling cancer. Wouldn't be shocked to hear she stayed home to be close to her.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Popelka's mother is battling cancer. Wouldn't be shocked to hear she stayed home to be close to her.

I was really surprised she went up there in the first place because of that, but I think I read elsewhere she left a few months ago.

12 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Awful to hear but good that she’s staying close to family 

Loeb mentioned Bella's progression and it's beautiful:

.221 in 2021 (at Arizona)

.276 in 2022 (first year at Texas)

.344 last year

.405 this year

She was hitting .302 before the season ended in 2020, but can't really "count" that because no idea what her end of season stats would be 

Posted (edited)

77 gets the start. Interesting lineup

Martinez back at SS. Washington at 2B. Goode at 1B. Mitchell DP. No Stewie…

Edited by Js1