Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Thats a wild stat. First team to run rule FSU in Tallahassee in a decade. 

We have two really impressive streak breaking wins in Westwood and Tallahassee 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Well, like I had hoped, we came out looking like the Clearwater team.  Florida suits us I guess.  It's always nice to run-rule a top 20 team on the road.  Although I'm not sure FSU is really a top 20 team.  They would get eaten up in the Big 12 this year.

Run ruling them in Tallahassee is nice but it’s not quite as sweet as Luna’s no hitter in 2013 that sent us to OKC

This weekend’s meeting with UCF will be our first since they beat us 15-10 in the 2022 Clearwater disaster trip

12 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

This game sent me down a rabbit hole called "Allison Royalty social media".  Very interesting.

My daughter played on a travel team with her for a bit. Hard for me to look at her that way, but.....

UCF is 14-11 but they’ve been competitive in some of their losses to good teams 

1-2 to Miss St

3-4 to Oregon

0-3 to Tenn

2-4 to SCe

0-2 and 4-6 to OKST

We gotta be ready to play but also remember we are in Stillwater next we

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

We cashed in our wtf bad loss in the conference opener. Can’t afford to lose any more conference games to these non-Oklahoma schools. 

Will be interesting to see how Baylor looks at OU this weekend. OKST @ BYU 

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

tickets on seatgeek for the OU games at McCombs are starting at like 125.  Lulz.  

High potential to be #1 v #2 (depending on how we perform in Stillwater the week prior), but could be #1 v #3/4 too

Posted (edited)

Instagram just highlighted the 2006 team that went 55-9.

9 is the fewest number of losses by a Texas softball team. I think this year’s team could beat that. 

Mike hasn’t had a 50 win season yet (47 when we made the WCWS finals but we had 22 losses and a tie). Connie had three 50 win seasons (2002, 2006, 2013) and two 9 loss seasons (2002, 2006)

Halfway to 50 already with only 3 losses and 23 regular season games + postseason. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

ESPN+ this weekend

5pm, 1pm, 11am

We will probably see Kaitlyn Felton the most (6-2, 2.71 ERA in 44 IP) and Sarah Willis (4-5, 2.91 ERA in 53 IP), as well as Grace Jewell (2-1, 2.77 ERA in 17.2 IP) and Angelina DeVoe (1-1, 2.85 ERA in 19.2 IP). 

UCF doesn't hit a lot of HR (2 players have 3) and no one bats over .400 

They are 44-50 in SB.  That will be something to watch.  And they field well - .983

• Hook 'Em 2