Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

He challenges the wrong shit so often.

Unless Stewie told him no to, it was close enough to challenge. 

CG need to hit the bench. She’s thrown a lot of pitches in 3 innings and she’s not finding the zone 

Just now, bschoolprof said:

ugly, but I'll take it.  Texas State is pretty good.  

If they take 2/3 from ULL this weekend, they’re hosting. Keep them out of our regional and please don’t match them up with us in a super 

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Weird game. 

Mullins didn't have anywhere close to her best stuff and we were awful defensively. I was expecting a 2-1 type score. 

I think Woodard could sense we had figured Mullins out and she didn’t have her good stuff so she took her out and basically conceded bc their weekend series is much more important than this midweek game 

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If they take 2/3 from ULL this weekend, they’re hosting. Keep them out of our regional and please don’t match them up with us in a super 

I would not want to play Texas State at all in a super. 

You would have to beat them 2 out of 3 games where Mullins will likely pitch 90% of those innings. That's a difficult task. 

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I know the committee factors in regionality, but if Texas is a top 5 team, and TXST is just a spot or two outside of hosting in that 17-18 RPI range, it would be criminal for the committee to put them in our region. If aggy hosts and TXST doesn't, committee should send them to collie station 

Edited by perfectchaos007

8 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I know the committee factors in regionality, but if Texas is a top 5 team, and TXST is just a spot or two outside of hosting in that 17-18 RPI range, it would be criminal for the committee to put them in our region. If aggy hosts and TXST doesn't, committee should send them to collie station 

I think if they beat ULL twice, they’ll host and then it won’t be an issue. If they don’t host, you have to figure out where to send them and where to send Baylor if they get a bid. Baylor can’t come to Austin or Norman, so they’d either have to trek to Lafayette or just go to College Station, and TXST can’t go to Lafayette so they’d have to go to Norman or Austin 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I think if they beat ULL twice, they’ll host and then it won’t be an issue. If they don’t host, you have to figure out where to send them and where to send Baylor if they get a bid. Baylor can’t come to Austin or Norman, so they’d either have to trek to Lafayette or just go to College Station, and TXST can’t go to Lafayette so they’d have to go to Norman or Austin 

Baylor could go to Arkansas and TXST to College Station

Just now, Hornsbay22 said:

Baylor could go to Arkansas and TXST to College Station

That is true. But for Arkansas, where does Kansas go if they make it?  A lot of potential 2s in the region to spread out 

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Better than losing to a soup company team like co-number 1 Duke did today

Don’t play the Camels on Hump Day and expect a win 

Duke’s already weak SOS made worse by a loss to #151. They’ve really played no one to warrant #1 

• Haha 4

Texas State really needs those ULL wins this weekend

18th in RPI after yesterday
2-1 against the top 25 in RPI - this is where they'll get dinged.  ULL is 16 in RPI so they need at least 2, if not a sweep, to still be in a hosting discussion

For reference, Texas has 11 top 25 RPI wins, which leads the nation (Stanford, Georgia and Tennessee have 10).  And Baylor is still RPI top 25 and Kansas is on the cusp (29th) 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Baylor up today (Waco) and the weekend (Austin)

Baylor's resume:

TEAM: Baylor
RPI: 19
SOS: 2
Top25 Wins: 5- (7) Oklahoma State, (9) Missouri, (14) UCLA, (15) Louisiana x2
Top50 Wins: 10- (27) Penn State, (29) Oregon, (38) Texas Tech x2, (39) McNeese
Top100 Wins: 13- (56) Notre Dame, (94) Iowa State x2
Worst Loss: Iowa State (94)

Batting avg: 100th (.284)
ERA: 59th (2.83)
Fielding: .970
Scoring: 181 (3.94 runs per game)

In terms of their games against our peer group:

L, 2-3 and 1-9 to Tenn (third game cancelled)
L, 1-4 (8), 2-3 and W 2-0 versus OKST (all 3 games in Waco)
L, 1-8, 3-12 and 4-7 to OU

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1