Texas (-8.5) vs UCF- 7pm on LHN

shadow_operative

At this point, should I root for this team win the rest of the year or hope that it gets so bad that CDC has no choice but to make a change?

What you root for doesn’t matter.

This team sucks in every way imaginable, and will cause

Just now, MirrOlure said:

What you root for doesn’t matter.

This team sucks in every way imaginable, and will cause

I know what you mean but I am not sure what I rather see happen. Might as well endure the short-term pain if it means a change for the good is imminent.

• Hook 'Em 1

If our roster is fatally flawed, why is that so? Because we counted on two HS studs who then bailed? It all still gets laid on the coach to overcome. I realize losing Carr, Allen and especially Rice off a team that came within minutes of a Final Four was tough, but good teams lose stars all the time and still figure out how to compete. Continuing to start a PG who couldn't dominate intramurals is going to cost us at least a season. 

This team still has some good pieces.  Abmas and Disu are really good players. But they are also both finesse players. We need some dogs on this team and don't have any.

Shedrick was getting completely and totally outplayed.  At one point he knocked down UCF #5 and tried to help him up. UCF player slapped his hand away and was like "bitch ass mothafucka".  That dude was a dog and was the player of the game IMO. He wasn't trying to make friends. He was out there trying to beat the shit out of us.

Maybe Shedrick is hurt. Who knows. But I was promised an enforcer and he isn't that guy.

I also thought IT played "ok", but it was fools gold. His defense wasn't good. He wasn't chasing down loose balls or getting position. Zero steals.  Zero blocks (for a big guard).  Three rebounds.  He played slow and soft and settled for jacking up 3s at the worst moments. I would have rather gotten 20 minutes of him and 20 minutes of Shedrick - who could possibly change the pace.  Instead we got 37... THIRTY SEVEN!! minutes of Horton.  Dude is somewhat fat and looks out of shape. He doesn't need 37 minutes. Damn. Come on Rodney.

And if you are going to have Abmas out there for 39 minutes, you need the other guards to be able to play defense and cover his weaknesses. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HookEm said:

I mean I wanted 20 min of IT and 20 min of WEAVER. 

it reminds me of shaka and his tendency to not know his own personnel. when you’re collapsing and blowing a huge lead like we were tonight you cannot have IT and Abmas on the court the entire game. HELLO. why Weaver was just sitting on the bench riding pine while an offensively challenged team just kept gashing us is beyond me. this is one of those less obvious things that separates the barnes and beards from the shakas and RTs. managing the game flow and effectively utilizing your bench/role players is a defining trait of the very good coaches, and an obvious weakness for most lesser coaches.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

Shedrick, Onyema and Disu combined for 40 minutes... and 2 rebounds.  FFS.

Rebounding is a great indicator of coaching IMO. It relies on position (coaching) and effort (coaching) much more than on athleticism.  Kevin freaking Love led the NBA in rebounding. How in the world can those three only get 2 rebounds in a game?  They should be combining for 15.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

13 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Are we even a Tournament team?

I think we answered that question against Tech.  we are not making the tournament.

13 hours ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

We just lost to 2 bottom feeders and go BU, OU, BYU, UH, TCU. This is going to get ugly

I've got news for ya.  we are the bottom feeder.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

7 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Shedrick has been a massive disappointment. I thought we struck gold after his performance in NYC. He hasn't provided a lick of rebounding or rim protection in the last month.

In fairness, looks like Shedrick is never healthy. 

But that seems like who he is at this point. A guy that's never healthy.