Texas (+4.5) @ OU- 6pm on ESPN

shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Askew's main issue is that he plays recklessly and takes bad shots. He has a good stroke though and shot 87% from the line on pretty big volume last year.

Beard would have had him playing under control and would have leveraged his strengths.  He is a tough player and a solid defender, especially on bigger guards or small forwards.  He has good vision.  And with Beard's methodical, slow paced offense he would have gotten much better shots than what he got playing for suck ass, 3-29 Cal.

Out of high school, he was the #28 overall recruit in his class.  It's not like I'm the only one who thinks he has potential.

Beard let him transfer without even trying to stop him and replaced him Sir'Jabari Rice. Beard regretted bringing him after 1 season. Your entire premise was stupid because Beard didn't even want the guy after a single season coaching him.

3 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Our defense played a big part of that. Our guys were balling out. Looked similar to last year's intensity.

I'm not going to prop this win up further than it needs to be - I thought OU played like shit in the last 10 minutes.

We played good ball but they were a special kind of pathetic on a lot of those possessions. 

Then again I think Porter Moser has done a terrible job up there so far and I had an eyebrow raised at their early "success" this season. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm not going to prop this win up further than it needs to be - I thought OU played like shit in the last 10 minutes.

We played good ball but they were a special kind of pathetic on a lot of those possessions. 

Then again I think Porter Moser has done a terrible job up there so far and I had an eyebrow raised at their early "success" this season. 

Defense got better later. Q3 (equivalent) defense was Ole`

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

OU went 3-16 in the final 12 minutes, while only shooting 3 FTs.

13 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Our defense played a big part of that. Our guys were balling out. Looked similar to last year's intensity.

the last 12 minutes of that game was probably our best 12 minute stretch on both ends this year. we turned on another gear that i hadn’t seen from this team before. BYU should be really telling. if we come out and give up a ton of threes and get blown out then the roller coaster continues. if we can replicate the focus and intensity of the latter part of that OU game then this team could actually be moving towards being the team we all expected it to be back in the fall.