Chelsea 2018-2019: Sarri, not sorry

RichUT

Didn't get to watch the game and recording didn't work.  Sounds like we took advantage of our openings and got some balls that bounced our way.  Hazards goal is dumb.

Bats scored yesterday as well to become the first player in the 21st century to score in La Liga, EPL, Bundesliga, and Ligue 1.

Snake started for RM yesterday and played like shit giving up 3 goals in the first half, one by Bats.

Feels like we are a top flight striker and an upgraded winger (i.e., better than Willian) away from being pretty fucking dominant.

Giroud has been invisible and Willian has been disappointing in the first half. Sure wish we had better players at those spots to keep defenders from swarming Hazard at all times.

Agree on replacing Giroud.  But I like Willian; I think he just needs more regular playing time.  He looks like he's always trying to shake off a little rust, or maybe he's pressing too hard because he's trying to win more time.  But a couple of years ago when he played every weekend, he was really fucking good.

Disappointing to drop points, especially after being ahead for much of the game.  

Overall, great game.  Both teams wanted it and both had multiple great chances.  Problem was, they have about 4 players that can score with any consistency, and we have 1.

also, I don’t like Kante that far forward.  He just feels out of place up there.

Was watching our midfield control the game and was reminded of last years awful play, so I went over to the AC Milan boards to see how Baka was doing. Dont think he has played in a month and this thread summed up their opinion from his minimal playtime.

• 2 weeks later...

Wagnh blurb on the game today.

Chelsea team news: Eden Hazard is out with a sore back, thanks to an unpunished scissor tackle by Ashley Young (thanks, Mike Dean). Sarri’s only hoping to have him back for the weekend. Ethan Ampadu is also out, still nursing the knee injury he picked up while playing for Wales. Maurizio Sarri has rotated liberally so far in the Europa League so we should expect more of the same. We might even see Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Andreas Christensen, but not Callum Hudson-Odoi. Sarri already confirmed that Jorginho will be rested.
Chelsea’s schedule lends itself very well to significant rotation — Premier League games alternating with easier Europa League or League Cup ties — so Sarri should be taking full advantage of this to keep the squad fresh as we into the winter months. Chelsea, who are still unbeaten after the weekend’s last gasp equalizer against Manchester United, will face Burnley away on Sunday before hosting Frank Lampard’s Derby County in midweek.