Top Chef - Wisconsin

Biff Tannen

3 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

I don’t. He’s not a comedian nor is he much of a cook. The runners were apparently desperate to have a tie into The Bear. Neither Matty nor Kish could explain the challenge, the chefs didn’t understand it, we didn’t quite get it. And the haughty comments especially from Marty. “The simplicity makes it chaotic!” Next: “the complexity makes it chaotic!”

And yet you have the Great Tosi in the building who was always a great judge on MasterChef, who thrived with David Chang, and is a food genius. What a waste. She would have been an ideal guest judge.

Michelle, Soo and Dan are the only chefs here I like. Glad to see that irritating one sent home.

The challenge wasn’t hard. “Cook your own food. Take risks” - that was it. It was almost a finale challenge. I thought it was stupid how so many people got thrown off by having no guard rails. 

But it wasn’t presented that way really. Throw it on the ceiling! How bout I shit on your plate Matty.

It was bad because they were told a lot of different things, and they could say what it was. So they got some bad cooking. Some of these folks have such narrow defined capabilities that they really blow some fundamental things.

Has to be up for worst season, and this was the worst episode of the season.

Both challenges were stupid and clearly paid promotional deals.  

Matty is fucking annoying.  One of the reasons I stopped watching The Bear.  And who the fuck gets tattoos on their palms?  

No wonder Padma left.  Top Chef has lost the plot and it's just an open money grab now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Padma was part of the problem. She’s been wanting to leave for years but the money was good. She was just so done with it.

I don’t think location is ever an issue. The local foodways are never the driving factor for much of the show except for mostly paid placements. Miller beer.

The issues this season are like most of recent seasons. The show is a huge time suck for working chefs. 6-10 weeks is a long time. The issues this season are mostly cooking technique and planning issues, combined with some fairly dull talent.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2024 at 6:55 AM, Texzilla588 said:

Padma was part of the problem. She’s been wanting to leave for years but the money was good. She was just so done with it.

I don’t think location is ever an issue. The local foodways are never the driving factor for much of the show except for mostly paid placements. Miller beer.

The issues this season are like most of recent seasons. The show is a huge time suck for working chefs. 6-10 weeks is a long time. The issues this season are mostly cooking technique and planning issues, combined with some fairly dull talent.

Does Tom have equity in this show?  Hard pressed to believe he’s ok with this season

i thought they eliminated a pretty talented chef this week.  

Still gonna watch but again compared to most seasons this has been lackluster 

Edited by closetohumping

On 4/25/2024 at 8:27 AM, Texzilla588 said:

I don’t. He’s not a comedian nor is he much of a cook. The runners were apparently desperate to have a tie into The Bear. Neither Matty nor Kish could explain the challenge, the chefs didn’t understand it, we didn’t quite get it. And the haughty comments especially from Marty. “The simplicity makes it chaotic!” Next: “the complexity makes it chaotic!”

And yet you have the Great Tosi in the building who was always a great judge on MasterChef, who thrived with David Chang, and is a food genius. What a waste. She would have been an ideal guest judge.

Michelle, Soo and Dan are the only chefs here I like. Glad to see that irritating one sent home.

Soo seems a bit contrived and a try hard

A better episode that utilized a Milwaukee icon and a Wisconsin focus. I liked the double quick fire Voltaggio led, and the sausage challenge was a fresh spin. The cooking was better tonight and the right chef went home.

I’m still rooting for Michelle.

I was hoping they would keep the restaurant wars format from last year with all chefs cooking and not doing front of house. Looks like it’s back to one having to do FoH.

7 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

A better episode that utilized a Milwaukee icon and a Wisconsin focus. I liked the double quick fire Voltaggio led, and the sausage challenge was a fresh spin. The cooking was better tonight and the right chef went home.

I’m still rooting for Michelle.

I was hoping they would keep the restaurant wars format from last year with all chefs cooking and not doing front of house. Looks like it’s back to one having to do FoH.

Yeah I did like the non-FOH also. But it is Restaurant Wars, not Chef Wars, so I guess it makes sense. 

My only issue last night was they used the sports format again where there was a possibility that not everyone was going to have to present their food. Like in All Stars at the tennis stadium where Jamie got lucky and never had to go.  They should not have eliminations like that.  Ended up not mattering last night, but why even set yourself up with that chance?

On 4/5/2024 at 10:01 PM, closetohumping said:

Man I’m beginning to think that they’re out of good locations or they need more pick better locations.  Beer and cheese themed dishes are lame.  

also who is the b that didn’t clean up her mess?

Top Chef-Sharpstown?  Top Chef-Corsicana?

Edited by Cousin Strawberry
err

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Damn sausages are racist as fuck

It was weird that the one click rooted for chorizo because it's brown.

And the one Asian woman kept referring to the French guy as being Italian...

On another note, did Brian eat his brother?  He's really packed it on.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

It was weird that the one click rooted for chorizo because it's brown.

And the one Asian woman kept referring to the French guy as being Italian...

On another note, did Brian eat his brother?  He's really packed it on.

He looked the same as he did in the last all stars. His first season was like 15 years ago and he was like 35 then. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

He looked the same as he did in the last all stars. His first season was like 15 years ago and he was like 35 then. 

Not even close.  I'm too lazy to do it, but someone needs to put up side by side photos.  He's huge now...I'm convinced the show's stylist had him wear the jacket to hide his girth a bit.

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Not even close.  I'm too lazy to do it, but someone needs to put up side by side photos.  He's huge now...I'm convinced the show's stylist had him wear the jacket to hide his girth a bit.

ok here

Season 6

top-chef-bryan_l_0-7d515f3d0a2e4c5f9a575

Masters

volttcm.jpg

All Stars 2

bryan-voltaggio.jpg

Now

Best I could find from the episode

6631455e46ea7.image.jpg?resize=750,500

And here's 2023

17442765_web1_VOLTAGGIO-VEGAS-SPOT-SEP04