Is an adjustable bed frame worth it?

Similar as above as far as TV or reading benefits.

Our adjustable was discounted substantially as part of our recent mattress purchase. I also wouldn't purchase one on its own.

I will say raising the feet and head simultaneously helps reduce some lower back pull and pain vs. just laying flat. But it's not something I can get used to when sleeping, so it's mostly employed just before sleeping, when reading etc.

And yeah you can probably accomplish that with pillows.

Ours did come with an utterly useless "vibration" setting supposedly for massage purposes.

But it's really just for Griswold Vacation role-playing.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/14/2024 at 9:58 AM, Royalfan5 said:

The wife and I are going to upgrade our bed this spring. Is getting an adjustable bed worth it? We don't spend a lot of time in it out side of sleeping and fucking if that makes a difference. 

When i bought my last bed they gave you the adjustable base for free. The plain Jane metal frame was $500 extra. 

Never plugged it in  

*Mattress firm. Excuse was steel prices. 

• Haha 1

We don’t even have a TV in our bedroom. Me and my wife had this same conversation because we are buying a new mattress after 10+ years in the tempurpedic we have. 

We couldn’t even name a single situation in which we would use it. 

We have the tempurpedic adjustable base with the fancy cooling mattress. Absolutely love it. We don't have a TV in our room either but my wife likes to read before bed so she loves it. Years of wrestling took it's toll on my body and the zero g position is fucking fantabulous for my back. Best money I've spent in a long time. Had it a couple years now and we're going to hand this one down to our son eventually and get the split king so we can both be in different positions.

On 2/20/2024 at 10:44 PM, immamac said:

We don’t even have a TV in our bedroom. Me and my wife had this same conversation because we are buying a new mattress after 10+ years in the tempurpedic we have. 

We couldn’t even name a single situation in which we would use it. 

This is where I landed, but it took some doing to talk the husband out of the adjustable.  He's addicted to those old commercials with the old people in them and has convinced himself that's the way he wants to live.  I'm not ready to have someone change his diapers, so we went with the big boy bed.

• Like 1

I had no choice.  After my esophageal cancer surgery, I have to sleep partially elevated on my back for the rest of my life.  So we did a ton of research and went with the iSense.  Every bell and whistle, and it's super comfortable.  Don't regret it for a second.