DeShon Elliott has a message for Tom Herman

Bruh Man

On 7/19/2018 at 8:27 AM, Spankytoes said:

And Charlie lost to Kansas when we out athlete them in every position. And Herman lost to Maryland, at home, by double digits. 

But Mack almost lost to KU had VY not converted 4th and 18. We went on to beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl and win the MNC the following year

Verdict: Don't mean shit

2004 Kansas <> 2016 Kansas.  2004 KU went 4-7 which is obviously bad, but only lost one game by double digits the entire year, won two conference games, and beat 4 FBS teams.  2016 KU lost 8 games by 15 or more points, and beat 1 FBS team.

Also, if you go back and re-watch the 2016 Kansas loss, what strikes you is that Kansas didn't even play an inspired game before a packed house of screaming fans. They actually played a pretty crappy game with tons of mistakes, a few bad turnovers and general wretchedness. Their players looked small and slow. The stadium looked around half full. Only a Charlie-coached team could lose a game like that. 

Charlie's coddled players lose a game like that, then threaten to boycott the next game, LOL? I wish they had.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TXSooner518 said:

2004 Kansas <> 2016 Kansas.  2004 KU went 4-7 which is obviously bad, but only lost one game by double digits the entire year, won two conference games, and beat 4 FBS teams.  2016 KU lost 8 games by 15 or more points, and beat 1 FBS team.

you're a fucking idiot.

On 7/22/2018 at 8:47 PM, GotThatFire said:

I was told that all Tom said was if they’re going to be hanging out with him at that party with a bunch of grown men to stay away from anything bad going on with drugs alcohol or whatever,  and that really he would just prefer if they didn’t go at all 

If you Occam's Razor it, this is the most likely answer.  Elliot took it the wrong way when he heard, probably tweeted drunk.  Then woke up and erased the tweets.

36 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Um, OK.  Try the decaf.  Someone was drawing a comparison about "losing to Kansas" in those two seasons.  Every word in my post is literally a fact.  

what he meant was, fuck you you sooner fuck.  Only we get to draw factual comparisons about our awesome football games against Kansas. 

We would be happy to compare Iowa State losses though

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Also, if you go back and re-watch the 2016 Kansas loss, what strikes you is that Kansas didn't even play an inspired game before a packed house of screaming fans. They actually played a pretty crappy game with tons of mistakes, a few bad turnovers and general wretchedness. Their players looked small and slow. The stadium looked around half full. Only a Charlie-coached team could lose a game like that. 

Charlie's coddled players lose a game like that, then threaten to boycott the next game, LOL? I wish they had.  

Truly the nadir of the Texas football program during my lifetime. I never thought I would see a Longhorn team look like they did that day. I actually saved it so that I could watch it later to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing. (I was). 

At this point in the Strong era I was really just hanging on to see if he was going to be the worst coach in Longhorn history, or the second worst. I knew TCU would blast us the next week, but maybe 6-6 with a bowl win and a 4th season would bring interesting things. Nope, ha ha.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Hell did you see that TCU game the following week? They pretty much did boycott. That was the worst TCU team since they’ve been in the Big 12 and we made them look like the 85 Bears

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Hell did you see that TCU game the following week? They pretty much did boycott. That was the worst TCU team since they’ve been in the Big 12 and we made them look like the 85 Bears

I would say the TCU team from the one season that we actually beat them (2013) was worse, but yes, the 2016 squad wasn't exactly a juggernaut.

On 7/19/2018 at 4:46 PM, Machinator said:

Wow, a true Charlie apologist on Surly. They exist!

Charlie Apologists. They do exist.

They try to remain closeted, but, they can't help but reveal themselves. Watch for these telltale phrases:  

• "Defensive genius" 
  • "A really great coordinator"
  • "Nice guy" 
  • "Relates to the players"

And the most dreaded one of all:

• "Father figure to the players" 
Edited by TreatyOak
Kate Beckinsale.