Health insurers vacuuming up details about you ... and it could raise your rates

20 minutes ago, dark54555 said:

Seems like there was somewhere where the whole "preexisting condition" and "treat everyone the same" concepts cam up before, which would make all of this information on a person completely useless in this context...

You demonstrate a severe lack of imagination. 

Edited by Anastasis

Seems like there was somewhere where the whole "preexisting condition" and "treat everyone the same" concepts cam up before, which would make all of this information on a person completely useless in this context...

I'll play- the elimination of mandates makes prohibitions of prexististing condition limitation conditions impossible, so all of this information on a person is not completely useless in this context, but you already knew that didn't you?

8 minutes ago, dark54555 said:

I work in big data.  The data isn't going away.  The only way to limit its use is to take use cases off the table, one way or another.

Almost everybody that uses the term "big data" needs to be punched in the face. 

19 minutes ago, dark54555 said:

How else would you describe large sets of data on large numbers of people?  It's literally big data.

That comment was not really directed at you.  My comment is directed at the BD folks all over the industry that need to be kicked in the teeth.