Transfer G Malik Presley

Teryor

Posted (edited)

Don't think there was any info he had visited or anything? We had offered out of high school it looks like. Guard depth it seems. Didn't show a ton based on the stats at Vandy but the last Vandy transfer worked out.

Edited by Teryor
  • Hook 'Em 7

29 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Probably should change the thread title to "Transfer F Malik Presley"

The announcement says guard you pedantic twit. He's a wing it really doesn't matter if you call him a guard or a forward. 

• Drool 1

Guard Malik Presley? 6'6" is right in line with what we know Flood wants but the young man looks like he's going to need about 5 years in the weight room before he's ready to take on any nose tackles

Disclaimer: (I'M KIDDING! And doing it poorly. Please don't neg me to Bolivia, basketball fanatics. Looks like a solid add). 

• Hook 'Em 1

The announcement says guard you pedantic twit. He's a wing it really doesn't matter if you call him a guard or a forward. 

The announcement is wrong then. It only matters because everyone who sees it is like “we got ANOTHER guard?”. Well, we didn’t. This guy will never play one of the two primary ball handling spots. He is a small forward.

Is Alex Anamekwe a guard? Cause that is who he is replacing.

On 4/29/2024 at 3:30 PM, Teryor said:

We had offered out of high school it looks like. Guard depth it seems. Didn't show a ton based on the stats at Vandy but the last Vandy transfer worked out.

San Marcos kid who missed his JR year w/ a lacerated spleen.  Texas did offer out of HS, but never got the impression it was a committable offer.  Very surprised to see him land in Austin out of the portal.  I had expected him to move up in team quality from Vandy, but not to the level of Texas...or at least where Texas wants to be.  His overall stats at Vandy weren't great, but he was starting by the end of the season which is a plus.  Curious to see what he looks like after a year at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2

In the Vandy highlight video, I like his aggressiveness in taking the ball to the rack from the wing.  He has pretty good handles and also doesn't seem to mind getting physical with bigger defenders.  Get this guy in the weight room for another couple of years and he looks like he could be pretty physical. 

• Hook 'Em 1