Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread

bolverk

6 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

They’re going in. I feel like this is a random game thread and I’m the only one watching. 

If it's a game thread, you're watching it on DVR and still in the 1st quarter.  They've cleared it already.  Just kind of cleaning up now.

5 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

If it's a game thread, you're watching it on DVR and still in the 1st quarter.  They've cleared it already.  Just kind of cleaning up now.

Oh. Well, fuck me. Now I feel like the guy that has to pause the game to deal with a kid and forgot an hour later I was behind. 

7 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Agreed; the protestors’ messaging is deplorable. 

You should be able to assess the reality of what is taking place without deflecting to the deficient messaging of children that don't have fully formed brains. Bunch of y'all motherfuckers need Jesus for real. 

Fair point, but wasn't Jesus from Palestine?  And slept most of the time in a tent, protesting oppressive regimes and preaching openly what he felt in his heart?  

Wait, I'm thinking of Cat Stevens.  

34 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

I don’t wish bad on these idiots. But they are going to get the shit kicked out of them if they don’t calm this down. 

this is UCLA

34 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

I don’t wish bad on these idiots. But they are going to get the shit kicked out of them if they don’t calm this down. 

this is UCLA

I hate the social media era. This is likely true, but maybe not. It’s so easy to fake things and send them everywhere. Feels like we’re being whipped up into a frenzy for some unknown ends. I’m guessing this ends in some bill encroaching on free speech in some way. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You should be able to assess the reality of what is taking place without deflecting to the deficient messaging of children that don't have fully formed brains. Bunch of y'all motherfuckers need Jesus for real. 

What about the adults there stirring stuff up?  Or random ass people like that 65 year old activist who does shit like this full time?  

I’m talking nationally. Not at Texas. 

edit spelling

Edited by HendersonHorns
Spelling

3 minutes ago, lucious leftfoot said:

I hate the social media era. This is likely true, but maybe not. It’s so easy to fake things and send them everywhere. Feels like we’re being whipped up into a frenzy for some unknown ends. I’m guessing this ends in some bill encroaching on free speech in some way. 

I believe you are 100% right.  On all accounts. 

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I mean, this is the national protest thread, and they absolutely deserved to be ridiculed for their idiocy.  And they are doing WAY more harm for your cause than good.  There is pretty much zero national coverage of the actual conflict or Israel's conduct. Instead, these idiots hijacking college campuses will inevitably lead the morning news for the 3rd day in a row.

5 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

What about the adults there stirring stuff up?  Or random ass people like that 65 year old activist who does shit like this full time?  

I’m talking nationally. Not at Texas. 

edit spelling

Ignore them. This is a grassroots, student-led organic protest. No pros whatsoever. Don’t spoil Ani’s fantasy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Skipper said:

There is pretty much zero national coverage of the actual conflict or Israel's conduct. Instead, these idiots hijacking college campuses will inevitably lead the morning news for the 3rd day in a row.

I don't disagree with this. The media and the political powers are certainly happy for the distraction. 

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I mean, this is the national protest thread, and they absolutely deserved to be ridiculed for their idiocy.  And they are doing WAY more harm for your cause than good.  There is pretty much zero national coverage of the actual conflict or Israel's conduct. Instead, these idiots hijacking college campuses will inevitably lead the morning news for the 3rd day in a row.

“His” cause. Love it. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Fair point, but wasn't Jesus from Palestine?  And slept most of the time in a tent, protesting oppressive regimes and preaching openly what he felt in his heart?  

No doubt at all that a lot of posters here that would claim to be his followers would be cheering his arrest and the authorities coming in to crack skulls at Gethsemane if not for the happenstance of time and circumstances. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Da Fino said:

Can you explain to me what this is? I have never heard that term. 

Just trying to mix it up cause some people get really offended these days if you use Ike's framing. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

No doubt at all that a lot of posters here that would claim to be his followers would be cheering his arrest and the authorities coming in to crack skulls at Gethsemane if not for the happenstance of time and circumstances. 

Jesus Christ’s scrote after preaching 8 hours in the desert smelled better than these attention whores. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I'm not trying to be a dick at all.  His politics on this issue are known.  

It wasn't taken in any way by myself certainly. Yes, I am against ethnic cleansing, and particularly ethnic cleansing armed and funded by my tax dollars. It's a shame I will have to live with on the day of judgement. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't disagree with this. The media and the political powers are certainly happy for the distraction. 

It would be interesting to see national polls on Israeli support from around the time the Jose Andres aid workers were killed to this week after this debacle.   I think there was some real momentum after that incident that has pretty much completely been overrun by the news cycle coverage of the student protests.  Columbia, not Gaza, is now the current face of this conflict in the U.S.  The kids that actually do understand WTF they are protesting are too dumb to realize their actions are counterproductive.

43 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

this is UCLA

I think we need to be cautious with some of these Tweets, especially if they're not coming from actual journalists. For example, the reports from UCLA are that the cops had erected a barrier between pro-Israel and pro-Palestine protestors had been breached but it was unsure who broke through it first. The report also stated there were clashes between the two groups.

This short clip shows a girl who was hurt and people are trying to help her. We don't actually know how she was hurt, only that "Collin Rugg" says she was beaten up by a group. It might be true, but it might also be total bullshit that it happened in the way that Collin Rugg says it happened. Well, who the hell is Collin Rugg and why should we believe him?

Having never heard of him, I go to his Twitter page and see a long list of extremely lopsided and political tweets from a very conservative angle. He also claims to be the Co-Owner of Trending Politics and there's a fucking cybertruck on his profile page. I'm sorry, but at this point, you start to lose a lot of fucking credibility as a news source.

image.png.459bf86f49753466faffa58a972dd138.png

Let's take a visit to this "media personality's" website. It's a bunch of bullshit "articles" making a lot of very dubious claims. 

https://trendingpolitics.com/

So, please, let's try to stick with credible news sources or clips that fully show what's going on. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

It would be interesting to see national polls on Israeli support from around the time the Jose Andres aid workers were killed to this week after this debacle.   I think there was some real momentum after that incident that has pretty much completely been overrun by the news cycle coverage of the student protests.  Columbia, not Gaza, is now the current face of this conflict in the U.S.  The kids that actually do understand WTF they are protesting are too dumb to realize their actions are counterproductive.

Never underestimate the ability of Palestinians and radical liberals to totally fuck things up and ruin any momentum they had. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Just trying to mix it up cause some people get really offended these days if you use Ike's framing. 

I’ve got to stop doom scrolling here and trying to understand all you attorneys and history majors. I still have zero clue what you are talking about. I’m too young for this shit. I assume it is related to Ike talking about the military industrial complex. Why can’t you people be normal and dumb it down for dumbs like me?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, HotSauce said:

"I dont wish bad on them but they just beat the shit out of a jewish girl" you fucking coward, it is time we start putting these people down like the wild dogs they are

Get fucked dickhead. Don’t wish injury on people. That was also ucla with that girl. 

you have the “we” like you’re going to go killing people who don’t believe like you. 

You’re a coward and dangerous person. And to call for killing these students should have you banned. And the piss beat out of you. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I don’t put much faith in polls, but anecdotally I can tell you that between my office and social group, these college takeover groups have royally fucked up that momentum. I realize that’s an indictment on my surroundings, but these are not what I would consider to be dumb people. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

Get fucked dickhead. Don’t wish injury on people. That was also ucla with that girl. 

you have the “we” like you’re going to go killing people who don’t believe like you. 

You’re a coward and dangerous person. And to call for killing these students should have you banned. And the piss beat out of you. 

I agree with everything except the bolded.

4 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

Yes, the liberals speak! Until someone is wearing a Maga hat or a know white central right + type. Then fuck them. Fuck their families, right?

We should pull some comments from the Jan 6th thread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I think we need to be cautious with some of these Tweets, especially if they're not coming from actual journalists. For example, the reports from UCLA are that the cops had erected a barrier between pro-Israel and pro-Palestine protestors had been breached but it was unsure who broke through it first. The report also stated there were clashes between the two groups.

This short clip shows a girl who was hurt and people are trying to help her. We don't actually know how she was hurt, only that "Collin Rugg" says she was beaten up by a group. It might be true, but it might also be total bullshit that it happened in the way that Collin Rugg says it happened. Well, who the hell is Collin Rugg and why should we believe him?

Having never heard of him, I go to his Twitter page and see a long list of extremely lopsided and political tweets from a very conservative angle. He also claims to be the Co-Owner of Trending Politics and there's a fucking cybertruck on his profile page. I'm sorry, but at this point, you start to lose a lot of fucking credibility as a news source.

Let's take a visit to this "media personality's" website. It's a bunch of bullshit "articles" making a lot of very dubious claims. 

So, please, let's try to stick with credible news sources or clips that fully show what's going on. 

Fair enough. And I apologize. 

There’s just so much insta news from boots on the ground. But, I don’t understand the difference in sharing a biased Texas student Twitter or a Twitter post from a random person on another campus. I’m not accusing you of sharing student tweets, I don’t remember if you did or not.  And I’m not keeping tally’s 

i should have checked his background before I posted that. 

thank you for actual back and forth. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, bolverk said:

All of this. Critical thinking and vetting of sources matter.

Also, I know the world lives in the up to the second news cycle, but more times than not lots of extremely important critical details are completely overlooked in the first "take". 

I don't care to sift through 4 or 5th tier "source material" that hasn't even been vetted by a major (who all have their own agenda too)

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, HotSauce said:

Yes, the liberals speak! Until someone is wearing a Maga hat or a know white central right + type. Then fuck them. Fuck their families, right?

We should pull some comments from the Jan 6th thread.

If you read my posts from the day, you’ll see where I stand. 

this is a very liberal board and you’re not going to win shit with a gotcha moment. That’s what’s wrong with us now. Everything is fucking “GOTCHA” now. 

I’m going to block your sorry ass and you can continue to make conservative people look like fucking idiot gun crazed murdering maniacs. 

Edited by HendersonHorns
Angry spelling
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HendersonHorns said:

Fair enough. And I apologize. 

There’s just so much insta news from boots on the ground. But, I don’t understand the difference in sharing a biased Texas student Twitter or a Twitter post from a random person on another campus. I’m not accusing you of sharing student tweets, I don’t remember if you did or not.  And I’m not keeping tally’s 

i should have checked his background before I posted that. 

thank you for actual back and forth. 

No worries. Just a note of caution: There are a lot of bad-faith actors on Twitter and elsewhere. I personally try to vet sources before sharing from their accounts, though I've dumped Twitter in the last six months or so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

this is a very liberal board and you’re not going to win shit with a gotcha moment. That’s what’s wrong with us now. Everything is fucking “GOTCHA” now. 

I’m going to block your sorry ass and you can continue to make conservative people look like fucking idiot gun crazed murdering maniacs. 

Im Out Amy Poehler GIF by FOX TV

• Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

You’re making a concerted effort to ingratiate yourself with people who will never like you. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HotSauce said:

be sure to bring your umbrellas and dildos and have fun!

I don’t know how to put on ignore. 

I’m not that kind of liberal. He’s already said you don’t need your ass kicked. I think you need it kicked to your shoulder blades. 

Just now, HendersonHorns said:

I don’t know how to put on ignore. 

I’m not that kind of liberal. He’s already said you don’t need your ass kicked. I think you need it kicked to your shoulder blades. 

It is always really funny when someone threatens someone personally over the internet without knowing who they are. Remember, you are the one doing this not me.

• Fuck You 4

• bolverk changed the title to Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread