GOP pol's kid gets arrested for kid diddling. GOP pol: "he's adopted"

Gil Bang

http://www.wrex.com/story/38797004/2018/08/02/jordan-syverson-arrested-on-child-sex-abuse-charges?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Posted: Aug 02, 2018 7:46 AM PDT

17331240_G.jpg?auto=webp&disable=upscale
ROCKFORD (WREX) -

The son of Republican state Sen. Dave Syverson is in the Winnebago County Jail facing multiple child sexual abuse charges. 

According to jail records, 27-year-old Jordan David Syverson was booked Wednesday. He faces three charges, including aggravated criminal sexual abuse to a child under the age of 13 and two separate exploitation of a child charges. 

Another man, James C. Lamont III, also faces these charges and is named in the same criminal complaints. According to those records, sometime between Oct. 28, 2016 and Oct. 31, 2016, the two men committed the offenses. 

Jordan Syverson is scheduled to be in court Thursday afternoon. 13 News will be there to bring you more details as they become available. He's held on a $20,000 bond. There are no jail records posted for Lamont. 

State Sen. Dave Syverson has released a statement to 13 WREX saying, "Jordan is our adopted who has dealt with mental health issues since early childhood. As an adult unfortunately we [have] limited opportunities [to] help him. Other families that have gone through these issues understand the frustration of seeing someone you love struggle with this kind of illness. I respect the legal process with dealing with the issue. We love our son and would appreciate respecting our privacy on this issue.

13 News will continue to follow this story and bring you more updates as they become available. 

Aaaand...not one word of concern for the victim(s) his son brutalized.  Rather it's "He's not REALLY my kid.  Totally not MY fault."

Also saw where he voted against gay marriage while his son is reportedly gay.  Strange dude this Senator.

Edited by Ten Bears
pronouns are hard

16 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Puzzling why the son has issues with immorality.  I'm sure he was raised with a good sense of ethics.

No telling what is taught in the local school, may have been similar to this:

• Fuck You 5

So basically what Syverson is saying is that the adopted kid had mental health issues from the start.  But didn't specifically state what those issues were, like BPD, bipolar, depression, etc.  And after he grew up they basically cut the cord and let him go his own way, hence the "limited opportunities" statement.  

Here's my translation of that:  He grows up conflicted about his sexuality in a household where image is VERY important.  They did everything they could to pray the gay away, but couldn't, so they shunned him, probably sent him away, out of the public view.  In so doing they and their homo-battle just made this guy even more insecure and pushed him deeper into his condition.  

So is the senator ready to admit that being gay could actually be in the hard wiring?   Or is it still a decision?   If the latter, then why couldn't he help his own son reach the right decision?  

But instead, like all good politicians, he diverts any responsibility or reality away from himself and his platform.   To issue any compassion for the victims would be an admission of guilt by extension.  It's like a party host who plies a guest with booze all night, then let's them drive off.  Can't own up to the problem they themselves created.  It's simply incredible that we keep electing people who won't own responsibility.  That we get shown that over and over with candidate after candidate and still vote for these clowns.  And yes, while it happens on both sides of the aisle, I tend to think this behavior of ducking responsibility is more R than D.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I guess I’d like to understand what you are seeing as the connection between a drag queen reading to kids and a non-drag queen molesting children before I respond.

Thanks for asking my POV 1st, rather than just looking at the fragmented argument... Here is an example of early age indoctrination:

If you look at the fact that some pedophilia groups are now trying to tie their rights onto the LGBT movement, as in making it "normalized" by society...

And it makes it easier to do so with the upcoming generations of children feeling comfortable with the issue of pedophilia being a disease, rather than a criminal act...

I am in now way condemning people that choose such a lifestyle, just pointing out that it is in fact trying to latch onto the LGBT movement as normal with the youth of America...

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

To feel that a drag queen reading to children is somehow morally suspect is fucking hilarious. And pathetic.

Your not looking at the entirety of the argument, and formulated your own thought where I never said I condemned such actions...

At one time in history, the LGBT movement itself had attached it's argument to the civil rights of African Americans, just that it is another mechanism for the advancement of pedophilia (in this case, for the father the thread is based on), to "normalize" & attach pedophilia to the LGBT movement in society as a disability... 

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

So basically what Syverson is saying is that the adopted kid had mental health issues from the start.  But didn't specifically state what those issues were, like BPD, bipolar, depression, etc.  And after he grew up they basically cut the cord and let him go his own way, hence the "limited opportunities" statement.  

Here's my translation of that:  He grows up conflicted about his sexuality in a household where image is VERY important.  They did everything they could to pray the gay away, but couldn't, so they shunned him, probably sent him away, out of the public view.  In so doing they and their homo-battle just made this guy even more insecure and pushed him deeper into his condition.  

So is the senator ready to admit that being gay could actually be in the hard wiring?   Or is it still a decision?   If the latter, then why couldn't he help his own son reach the right decision?  

But instead, like all good politicians, he diverts any responsibility or reality away from himself and his platform.   To issue any compassion for the victims would be an admission of guilt by extension.  It's like a party host who plies a guest with booze all night, then let's them drive off.  Can't own up to the problem they themselves created.  It's simply incredible that we keep electing people who won't own responsibility.  That we get shown that over and over with candidate after candidate and still vote for these clowns.  And yes, while it happens on both sides of the aisle, I tend to think this behavior of ducking responsibility is more R than D.

I believe it hard to "pray away" someone's gayness, as I think people are truly wired that way, as opposed to a particular lifestyle... Now the question is should there have been mechanisms in place to help him identify with his burgeoning sexuality, as opposed to being shunned by the most important people he knew, to where he could have a healthy relationship with a consenting adult rather than a minor...

Here is an example of early age indoctrination

I am in now way condemning people that choose such a lifestyle

I believe it hard to "pray away" someone's gayness

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Your thoughts on homosexuality are antiquated and wrong. Save both us and yourself time and stop posting about this.

8 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

Here is an example of early age indoctrination

I am in now way condemning people that choose such a lifestyle

I believe it hard to "pray away" someone's gayness

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Your thoughts on homosexuality are antiquated and wrong. Save both us and yourself time and stop posting about this.

So explain what I stated as antiquated..? Explain what is wrong to enlighten some, not just post an arbitrary word that someone is "wrong", extrapolate your point...

As is, we are witnessing an agenda in action:

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

Thanks for asking my POV 1st, rather than just looking at the fragmented argument... Here is an example of early age indoctrination:

If you look at the fact that some pedophilia groups are now trying to tie their rights onto the LGBT movement, as in making it "normalized" by society...

And it makes it easier to do so with the upcoming generations of children feeling comfortable with the issue of pedophilia being a disease, rather than a criminal act...

I am in now way condemning people that choose such a lifestyle, just pointing out that it is in fact trying to latch onto the LGBT movement as normal with the youth of America...

watched the first video, didn't the second because the first was so god awfully ridiculous, misinformed, and slanted hate filled bullshit. you call it "promoting their lifestyle", while the normal regular people in the world just see it as proud of their culture.  I see no difference in people attending and learning about their neighbors, be it Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, or Pride Month. If you don't like it, stay ignorant, it's cool. But to think "oh lawd, they pushin' their thoughts on me, die devils die! close yo ears children, don't be indoctrinated!" is a pretty fucked up point of view to hold on to. But hey, you do you. 

Nothing in the first video suggested the demands advocated for pedophilia or molestation of children.  I was curious about the age of consent laws in the first vid and the lgbtP pic from the second vid so down the google rabbit hole i went.  For starters, the first video is bullshit (did you even do research after hearing the outlandish claims? i mean seriously, 10 minutes of internet scooby doo-ing and you'd see the video was fucking crap) is because the age of consent laws in certain states were higher for homosexuals than heterosexuals. Case in point, nevada changed it in 2013 from 18 for gays to 16 for everyone. Seems fair and practical. However, thats not how the video portrays it (they mention it over an image of an obviously perv 'stache looking members only dude walking with a little kid) and i feel sorry for you intelligence if you couldn't figure that out. i really do. like damn, can you chew and walk at the same time? how do you even get dressed? how dumb are you?! 

As for the lgbtP stuff, pretty much everyone out there calls it as it so EASILY is able to be identified: its 4chan, troll bullshit. i mean ...come on, really? i'm willing to hear you out and yes i have been insulting, but that's only because you fell for some really stupid shit. like pizzagate, flat earth level dumbfuckery.  That's on you and you deserve to be ridiculed for that.  And the lgbt community has denounced the P groups, but they can't stop them from wanting to be included.  Kind of like how all of a sudden out of nowhere all these KKK, David Duke cunts now love trump and he denoun....oh wait, he didn't, he's all both sides with that.  So whatddya know, another group of people with higher ethical standards than the shitstain in chief, never would have guessed that!

Edited by achooloco

Ok, you seem beyond upset to the point of not having an engaged conversation, for 1 I didn't edit the video, I was posting how the agendas started to "merge" shall we say... And to call into play the aptitude of a poster is incredulous at best, and inflammatory at least... To reiterate, look at post #15 if you doubt there is a plan to attach pedophilia to the LGBT movement...

12 minutes ago, achooloco said:

For starters, the first video is bullshit (did you even do research after hearing the outlandish claims? i mean seriously, 10 minutes of internet scooby doo-ing and you'd see the video was fucking crap) is because the age of consent laws in certain states were higher for homosexuals than heterosexuals. Case in point, nevada changed it in 2013 from 18 for gays to 16 for everyone. Seems fair and practical. However, thats not how the video portrays it (they mention it over an image of an obviously perv 'stache looking members only dude walking with a little kid) and i feel sorry for you intelligence if you couldn't figure that out. i really do. like damn, can you chew and walk at the same time? how do you even get dressed? how dumb are you?! 

As for the lgbtP stuff, pretty much everyone out there calls it as it so EASILY is able to be identified: its 4chan, troll bullshit. i mean ...come on, really? i'm willing to hear you out and yes i have been insulting, but that's only because you fell for some really stupid shit. like pizzagate, flat earth level dumbfuckery.  

Last time I checked, a hetrosexual 50 year old man can't have "consensual" sex with a 16 year old girl, as that was the premise of the old show "To Catch A Predator"...

I am saying you are welcome to your point of view, as am I, we don't have to agree, but I won't attempt to belittle your thoughts on the subject either... Have a good day..!

So explain what I stated as antiquated..? Explain what is wrong to enlighten some, not just post an arbitrary word that someone is "wrong", extrapolate your point...

"Here is an example of early age indoctrination" Youth are not indoctrinated into being gay. They are born that way. Neither straight nor gay youth can be converted to the other side. 

"I am in now way condemning people that choose such a lifestyle" People don't choose to be gay. See above.

"I believe it hard to "pray away" someone's gayness". Gay people can't pray the gay away. The idea that it is hard to pray away someone's gayness implies it is possible and is idiotic. You should be more explicit in what you think happens when this difficult exercise of praying the gay away is successful.

Your thoughts are antiquated and wrong. I'm not going to waste time being more explicit trying to convince you your thoughts are from the the thinking of more than 50 years ago. 

11 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Ok, you seem beyond upset to the point of not having an engaged conversation, for 1 I didn't edit the video, I was posting how the agendas started to "merge" shall we say... And to call into play the aptitude of a poster is incredulous at best, and inflammatory at least... To reiterate, look at post #15 if you doubt there is a plan to attach pedophilia to the LGBT movement...

Last time I checked, a hetrosexual 50 year old man can't have "consensual" sex with a 16 year old girl, as that was the premise of the old show "To Catch A Predator"...

I am saying you are welcome to your point of view, as am I, we don't have to agree, but I won't attempt to belittle your thoughts on the subject either... Have a good day..!

hahahahah, i'm not upset. quite the opposite, i pity and ridicule the absurd. but i'll call a dummy when i see one. seriously, those fucking videos were bad. really really bad, you should be feel bad for posting them.  so no, i won't watch the #15 post vid since if the other two are any indication, it is probably stupid as all hell.  and don't be so condescending, jesus would slap you for your inability to properly reason, so blame yourself for the opprobrium you now supposedly suffer.

oh you mean like this agenda of linking lgbta with P: LInk1 or this new flag is a hoax. So fine, let's discuss. There is no merging. There are trolls and their are people who wish actual harm to the lgbt community who are putting out this "merge" idea. It's on you to distinguish between the bullshit and the real. It's a disservice to actual intellectually stimulating conversation on this site to post crap behind the guise of "just asking questions." look at the vids, research their claims, no way a graduate of UT would think they have any merit. Now, some of the links i found elsewhere were interesting in that some people who have peadophilia did not want to be associated with those that are child molesters. one has thoughts and doesn't act, the other does act.  There were a whole other set of nuances that I won't go into here but you are free to look them up yourself. But there is no P platform, there is no united front. All the stuff you posted was made by trolls and liars. do you disagree?

not sure what catch a predator has to do with anything here, but ok...actually not sure what your point of view is other than to claim lgbt is turning into lgbtP and the links i showed are clearly calling it out for being pure unadulterated bullshit. so do you honestly think that the lgbt community wants the P included? they're saying they aren't, they denounce them, and yet you think your point of view is still valid? and i already showed you how from the P side of it, it's all fictional. look at the links, you can disagree, but those of us in living in reality know your point of view (if i got it wrong, please feel free to state it clearly, my apologies on the mistake) is wrong; and not in the "oh i wish you thought differently, we can agree to disagree" way, but in the empirically, sky is blue and not green sort of way.

• Like 1

If poster of #18 & #19 have noticed... 

I never stated the LGBT community feels a need to include the P movement, only the inverse, that the pedophilia activist are trying to tie to the LGBT community...

In fact, I have seen videos where such talk is discredited within the community, but that doesn't expose the fact that LGBT is being used in the same way the agenda of civil rights was once linked to equality for Blacks & Feminism of the 1970's/ 1980's... So in short, there are two sides to this argument, and both of you have valid points that you feel strongly about, just as I am ambivalent on the issue, as I have no dog in the fight... Just wanted to point out that there is a group with intentions to "merge" said causes/ brands as the same issue...

On 8/3/2018 at 9:53 AM, Ten Bears said:

Aaaand...not one word of concern for the victim(s) his son brutalized.  Rather it's "He's not REALLY my kid.  Totally not MY fault."

Also saw where he voted against gay marriage while his son is reportedly gay.  Strange dude this Senator.

You know HE'S the real victim here, right? Elephant out front should'a...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kopp0e said:

If poster of #18 & #19 have noticed... 

I never stated the LGBT community feels a need to include the P movement, only the inverse, that the pedophilia activist are trying to tie to the LGBT community...

In fact, I have seen videos where such talk is discredited within the community, but that doesn't expose the fact that LGBT is being used in the same way the agenda of civil rights was once linked to equality for Blacks & Feminism of the 1970's/ 1980's... So in short, there are two sides to this argument, and both of you have valid points that you feel strongly about, just as I am ambivalent on the issue, as I have no dog in the fight... Just wanted to point out that there is a group with intentions to "merge" said causes/ brands as the same issue...

ok, so... yes, lgbt has fought for equality much like feminism and african americans in the 70s/80s, sure, thought we all knew that. and fair enough that some of the P members do not want to hide in the shadows as it were (hello NAMBLA) but again, the tiny amount of internet research shows that this vocal group is a minority. they don't speak for the entire P populace. and it is dangerously close to bigoted to lump Ps with lgbt equality platforms. but looking at the facts, I'd wager that you have to admit the "people" pushing for the "merge" of the brands are A) trolls B) bigots C) liars D) a combination of the three. in fact, looks like the latest articles in the past year and your second vid in the first post were exactly that: trolls, liars, bigots. So sure, you might think there is a "merge" but i think common sense dictates we analyze who is putting out the propaganda and realize its all a load of bunk. 

here, found this article that is supposedly written by a P person and to be honest, I spent way more time today thinking about their ideas than i wanted to ..uh, ever. but i have no reason to think this person isn't speaking from a genuine viewpoint: link

10 minutes ago, achooloco said:

ok, so... yes, lgbt has fought for equality much like feminism and african americans in the 70s/80s, sure, thought we all knew that. and fair enough that some of the P members do not want to hide in the shadows as it were (hello NAMBLA) but again, the tiny amount of internet research shows that this vocal group is a minority. they don't speak for the entire P populace. and it is dangerously close to bigoted to lump Ps with lgbt equality platforms. but looking at the facts, I'd wager that you have to admit the "people" pushing for the "merge" of the brands are A) trolls B) bigots C) liars D) a combination of the three. in fact, looks like the latest articles in the past year and your second vid in the first post were exactly that: trolls, liars, bigots. So sure, you might think there is a "merge" but i think common sense dictates we analyze who is putting out the propaganda and realize its all a load of bunk. 

here, found this article that is supposedly written by a P person and to be honest, I spent way more time today thinking about their ideas than i wanted to ..uh, ever. but i have no reason to think this person isn't speaking from a genuine viewpoint: link

Your points are agreeable... Thanks for the link...

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 6:31 PM, Gil Bang said:

Jordan is our adopted who has dealt with mental health issues since early childhood. 

This seems like a way to indicate that he was abused without outing his kid.