CDC and Herman meeting. What’s the first thing you say?

Tailgate

When CDC was hired, he never really mentioned Herman. It seemed kind of weird how he’d go out of his way to praise Shaka and not Herman. He seemed to come around later on, but just something weird that I noticed. Maybe it was just basketball season during those interviews??

Right now the heat is on TH to fix it. Doesn't seem that he'll be able to, so then the heat will shift and land on CDC to do something. I think he will. CDC doesn't seem to be the type of executive to like looking bad. TH isn't his guy, and all new executives want their people in there. 

To CDC this isn't a bad thing, its an opportunity. He's going to have to be the one to fix it, as he's the only one who can. 

• Like 3

On the outside:  "I'm in full support of your vision and direction of the program.  What else can we do together to improve our football program?  What are your biggest concerns right now with everything and where do you see the team right now and going forward and how can we make it better?"

On the inside (internally in one's own mind): Evaluate his responses, vet his strategic evaluations, but externally give full support knowing he likely needs it right now, but take mental notes to specifically evaluate the progression of the program over the season just in case you need to make a move in about 2020/2021.  If progression seems stalled later in the season, quietly vet with trusted football minds that you can 100% trust with confidentiality and evaluate if their insights and issues they see mirror/differ from Tom knowing of course that they are not from the same perspective as Tom and taking that into account.

CDC: What the fuck kind of game-plan do you call what happened on Saturday?

Mensa: I think ...fifteen second pause, what you saw was a team that had internalized the desire to win to such an extrapolated degree, that they began to anticipate what the opponent was doing thirty seconds before they did it. Therefore because we had instilled a culture that allowed us to create a temporal shift in time we were reacting to what was happening at a different time instead of our own. Now if you have read Hawking's , A Brief History on Time, you would understand what our game-plan was. But, because I am smarter than everybody, only I could see that we had the winning culture.

CDC: Fuck off with this shit and just win now, I'm headed to the Titty club. 

• Haha 1

Tom, Fenves just handed me a copy of the surveillance video of you and Zach at the titty bar, and a copy of Zach's notarized statement about that night. Legal says it's defensible as far as the "For Cause" in your contract. You need to start showing some obvious progress by December. Oh, and quit acting like an insecure teenager in your pressers. Close the door on your way out.