do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

Someone explain to me what the problem was supposed to be with "Ellen", Jerry's girlfriend that everyone saw something wrong with, but she was super hot.  Ben Stiller's wife.  What's her name in real life?

JERRY: You know, this is liek that Twilight Zone where the guy wakes up, and he's the same - but everyone else is different!

KRAMER: Which one?

JERRY: They were all like that!

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Someone explain to me what the problem was supposed to be with "Ellen", Jerry's girlfriend that everyone saw something wrong with, but she was super hot.  Ben Stiller's wife.  What's her name in real life?

ex wife.  christine taylor.  I thought the joke was that nothing was wrong with her.  but I never completely understood the joke, I guess. 

“jerry, she’s a loser.”

The main characters were all pretty shallow people. That drove a lot of the comedy on the show. Remember when Kramer was proven not to be the smog strangler and they danced in celebration upon his release "because the murderer struck again." 

I think that was part of the point of the finale, in addition to it being a thank you to the guest actors who appeared on the show over the years. It reminded us that these characters we love are inconsiderate jerks. That's also kind of why we love and identify with them. I'm sure none of us would ever steal an old lady's marble rye, or push an old lady and her walker to the floor as we fled from a fire, but we can relate to Jerry saying "that's a shame" in reaction to someone else's misfortune.

And we never held it against them for doing some fairly reprehensible things. George pushing the old lady and her walker to the floor was hysterical. And when they learned of Susan's death and George seemed relieved because he didn't really want to get married? They went out for coffee. (Poor Lily.)

• Like 1