Dallas Stars 2018-2019 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

That seems like the kind of goal the Stars hoped to score on offense with their 13 seconds of zone time this period. 

Yeah two flops helped them go 5 on 3 to get 13 shots in, then two obvious high sticks in a row go uncalled while they are playing offense.

I dont know if playing dirty pays but it seems to work for every team the stars play against

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Let’s not forget the terrible roster Nill has assembled. 

I mean if we're going to basic about it sure. Fedun is our AHL tweener. No sense in mentioning him in this conversation. Oleksiak is Methot's replacement. Lovejoy was depth since we were sending away Carrick. Carrick started off alright but never got back to form for the Stars after his injury. Polak was a physical defenseman that the team needed since no one else back there is really built for that (the league is more and more moving away from that style as it is but you still need a few of those guys on your team).

Not having Johns and Methot the majority of this season has really hurt the team. I have to imagine at least one of Polak and Carrick were to replace Johns.

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Lites should talk more shit about Seguin and Benn. That might inspire Nichushkin and Ritchie to not be some of the worst players in the NHL. 

There's no helping Nuke. Any promise of improvement he showed at the end of November disappeared.

1 minute ago, vtaenz said:

I mean if we're going to basic about it sure. Fedun is our AHL tweener. No sense in mentioning him in this conversation. Oleksiak is Methot's replacement. Lovejoy was depth since we were sending away Carrick. Carrick started off alright but never got back to form for the Stars after his injury. Polak was a physical defenseman that the team needed since no one else back there is really built for that (the league is more and more moving away from that style as it is but you still need a few of those guys on your team).

Not having Johns and Methot the majority of this season has really hurt the team. I have to imagine at least one of Polak and Carrick were to replace Johns.

When 80% of your signings, trades, and draft picks backfire you’re not unlucky; you’re a shitty GM. 

Hanzal/methot/comeux/cogliano/oleksiak/lovejoy/carrick/shore/polak/nichuschkin etc...

what a bag of dicks that all is. And he spent lots of picks and free agent money to acquire said dicks bag. And he thinks that his 2nd/3rd/4th lines can compete. 

8 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

When 80% of your signings, trades, and draft picks backfire you’re not unlucky; you’re a shitty GM. 

Hanzal/methot/comeux/cogliano/oleksiak/lovejoy/carrick/shore/polak/nichuschkin etc...

what a bag of dicks that all is. And he spent lots of picks and free agent money to acquire said dicks bag. And he thinks that his 2nd/3rd/4th lines can compete. 

I'll keep saying it but Hanzal was a damn Hitch request all the way. Hitchcock love giant slow lumbering players. At the beginning of last season Dallas was the tallest and heaviest team in the league on average.

Methot keeps getting injured although I don't recall him being constantly injured in Ottawa.

I think Dallas has done a terrible job of developing draft picks. I know Lacksdal is pretty unpopular with Texas Stars fans. A lot of players once they finish their ELC have constantly looked to move to other teams as quick as they can. I'm not sure if there is truth to any of this or not, but it sure seems like it. Because we seem to be unable to develop or draft players, we are constantly having to trade away assets for already developed players and we typically have to overpay. 

A good example is looking back at who Dallas drafted and where they are now several years ago. Benn, Neal, Eriksson, Smith; when you draft and develop guys they end up being your 1 and 2 liners. We've taken a nose dive in this department recently.

An interesting book everyone may want to read is Stat Shot. It goes over all the stats that people use to look at teams and players and really provided some new insight for me when looking at stats and watching games.

2 hours ago, vtaenz said:

I'll keep saying it but Hanzal was a damn Hitch request all the way. Hitchcock love giant slow lumbering players. At the beginning of last season Dallas was the tallest and heaviest team in the league on average.

Methot keeps getting injured although I don't recall him being constantly injured in Ottawa.

I think Dallas has done a terrible job of developing draft picks. I know Lacksdal is pretty unpopular with Texas Stars fans. A lot of players once they finish their ELC have constantly looked to move to other teams as quick as they can. I'm not sure if there is truth to any of this or not, but it sure seems like it. Because we seem to be unable to develop or draft players, we are constantly having to trade away assets for already developed players and we typically have to overpay. 

A good example is looking back at who Dallas drafted and where they are now several years ago. Benn, Neal, Eriksson, Smith; when you draft and develop guys they end up being your 1 and 2 liners. We've taken a nose dive in this department recently.

An interesting book everyone may want to read is Stat Shot. It goes over all the stats that people use to look at teams and players and really provided some new insight for me when looking at stats and watching games.

It’s really that simple — you can’t continually fuck up the draft and put a good team on the ice. Stars have the same problem the Rangers have —terrible draft record.

Jesus, as the game wore I found myself focusing on Nuke during every one of his shifts. He took so many hilarious spills it was almost cute. I cannot believe he still on the team.
Does it seem like Nuke plays too high and doesn't bend his legs? I noticed it in the 3rd when he just seemed to get thrown down with one arm.
You'd think we have a skating coach that could correct this. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

59 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

Does it seem like Nuke plays too high and doesn't bend his legs? I noticed it in the 3rd when he just seemed to get thrown down with one arm.
You'd think we have a skating coach that could correct this. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

I think it's 100% confidence. I think he's in his head and I have no doubt if he isn't traded (he won't be) he'll head back to Russia next season. I don't think he likes it here (US)

4 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

outside if Seguin, Radulov, klinger, Miro and the goalie this current roster is a middling AHL team. 

12 and 13 played big, just looked faster than everyone. The rest of the guys weren't awful and held their own. Get everyone back and we can be dangerous. Lots of Stars fans in the building tonight, fun game.