The games are rigged.

Zavala

Yes, college football games are rigged, and every game official is in on it, and they've had a perfect record of no one spilling the beans for what over 100 years now ?

Oh yeah, JFK wasn't assassinated, he staged his own murder so he could slip off to whore island for the remainder of his life.

7de242a11dafaa884bf004806af6bc82.gif

Yes, college football games are rigged, and every game official is in on it, and they've had a perfect record of no one spilling the beans for what over 100 years now ?

Oh yeah, JFK wasn't assassinated, he staged his own murder so he could slip off to whore island for the remainder of his life.

You got directions to this island?

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

I'm still of the opinion that this is incompetence and not outright rigging, but damn if last night wasn't odd....and let me say I don't buy the whole "let's rig this for aggy because Texas is back" line..again that''s just too much collaboration and execution to pull off for one game. 

What I do start to wonder now is if in general these officials are being told things on a regular basis like "we want to make sure we keep these things exciting."  While no specific "do this, do that" instructions are ever given with regard to a certain team subtle comments like that creep in to the back of their mindes when they have a chance to keep things exciting and then you get this.  

The individual calls could be passed off as incompetence.  The more of them you string together in a single game favoring one team, the less likely random incompetence feels, but you could still believe it. 

The string of incompetent calls all saving the game for one side who also happened also to be called for 1/2 their normal penalty numbers in a game that went 3x as long as their typical games...the concept of what is reasonable doubt definitely comes into play. 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

That complaint is wrong, also.  Very close, but wrong.  The official rule says with three or more seconds you can spike, under the you cannot.  The clock had three seconds on the snap. 

Right, but there should not have been 3 seconds left.  The pass over the middle that was actually a 1st that looked short took all of 5 seconds, they got to the LOS and spiked the ball but I don't think the clock ever moved.  The next pass to the near side took 7 seconds, then 3 for the spike, review put 1 second back.  

Also missing is the PI call, the game should have been over because they were both going at it and that pass was the definition of uncatchable.  Had they not moved early I think LSU stuffs them there, but the penalty gave them the room they needed to attack the middle on that slant.  

All said, LSU fucked up playcalling when they ran the QB 3 times from the 8.   And not putting more pressure on Mond in OT.  I do however agree with their plan at the end of regulation to keep everything in front of them with how little time was remaining and aggy needing a TD.  They could have put more pressure, but giving him time just means burning more clock in a <30 second situation.  But they couldn't account for clock shenanigans 

My working theory is that the refs on the field were simply incompetent and careless, and perhaps eager to make the home crowd happy. The guys in the replay booth are another story. It seems more likely and explainable to me that the person in control of the replay booth was corrupt as fuck.

12 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

5bfa5cb67d62f.image.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah, I worded it poorly.  Here's the actual language:

"If the clock is stopped with 3 or more seconds remaining in a quarter, and the clock will start on the Referee’s signal the Offense may spike the ball and if executed properly could have time remaining for another play."

• Like 1