Ray Donovan S6

RPM

Ray's back kicking ass and taking names. Actually, he gets his ass kicked several times, but I digress. The new season is set in New York and honestly, I like it a lot better than LA. I won't spoiler the whole episode but Ray's new friend/roommate is a NYPD beat cop. It is a little strange that nearly all the secondary characters moved to NY, too. But you know, plotholes.

5 hours ago, pepper brooks said:

Is his annoying ass dead wife now for real dead and gone, or do we still have to deal with flashbacks of that nonsene?  I bailed 2 episodes into last season due to that goofy shit.  I need Ray being a "fixer".  I don't need Ray's emotional baggage.  The show isn't that deep or serious.  

I'm in the same boat. If it gets back to the show it was the first couple of seasons I might check it out again but will wait to hear if it's worth it again. 

6 hours ago, pepper brooks said:

Is his annoying ass dead wife now for real dead and gone, or do we still have to deal with flashbacks of that nonsene?  I bailed 2 episodes into last season due to that goofy shit.  I need Ray being a "fixer".  I don't need Ray's emotional baggage.  The show isn't that deep or serious.  

This..... I bailed at the same time. I was a big fan of this show, but it just became too much of a beating with her endless storyline. 

I liked this show, but last season went downhill. Ditched my premium stuff on DirecTV a couple of months ago. They lied on my menu last night and showed it being active so I clicked on it. But it was a trap. So I guess I'll miss it. It was one of the very few shows on TV I actually made an effort to watch regularly, but I don't think I'll miss it any more.

On 10/29/2018 at 6:57 PM, DougO said:

Liev is a really good actor, underrated and underrutilized. I am anxious to see him in a real movie with a good script. But he'll probably end up wasted being cast as a second rate villain in some retarded childrens movie.

He's pretty good in Chuck. The story of Chuck Wepner, the Jersey boxer that was the inspiration for Rocky.

10 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I bailed on the flashbacks of his dying wife, too. They chose to focus on his family which is the least interesting part of the show. I'll wait for my recon before I try it again.

agree.  I was hoping with him going back east BUnchy, Terry, his ugly daughter, and ninny boy son would be completely out of the picture.  I am hoping we have seen the last abby flashback as well.  THe actress who plays her isn't listed in the cast credits for this season.  Maybe it will get going, and back to ray being a fixer.  That is what the show does best.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There would a nationwide manhunt going on for Mick and Bunchy. They killed a guard and escaped from a hospital. It would be the second story on every single national newscast. They would have every Donovan family member and boxing gym staked out. Also, how hard would it be to spot a yellow 1994 Geo Tracker?

• 1 month later...

I didn’t think anyone else was watching it anymore but I still look forward to it every week. I just hope it ends up ok for Ray and Terry. Don’t really want a dark ending although i guess it’s supposed to.

It got better after they moved on from rays dead wife...

I couldn't help but laugh my ass off at the end of whatever episode when Dirty Dancing is on TV and Baby is having her heart to heart with her dad and Ray is in deep reflection about his own daughter. I watch shows for fun and don't critique them, but that just caught me off guard in how bad it was. 

But still, Ray's a bad motherfucker and I dig it.

Wow, this season felt like the writers thought we all knew the show was a parody/satire but we didn't react the right way, so they decided to make it really clear.  The chainsaw, the giant pit in the backyard, and the snowfall montage at the end were full-on ridiculous.

Man, I used to really like everything on this show but whiny Abby.  I really had high hopes after they killed her off.

15 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

unless i dozed off and missed it, Mickey's situation isn't resolved is it? 

Spoiler

He has to turn himself in so Bunchy stays out. That was the deal.

Edited by RPM
added spoiler