LHF Tickets to the Sugar Bowl

Bob Lives!

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

To be fair, they can only distribute what they get from the bowls and that is almost always a bunch of shitty seats.  It's always better to go the third party route for bowl games.  OU is a completely different situation since they get pretty mucj half the stadium to distribute. 

Yea you’re right. I’m mad today lol but I’ll get over it. Not to the point of practicality yet. 

38 minutes ago, Bernard said:

HA. This is me exactly, except I learned it at the 1997 Fiesta Bowl. I was sitting upper deck in the corner with other Longhorns. Next sections worse than us were clearly a bunch a freebie giveaways to military, charities, etc.

And +infinty on upper deck in the Super Dome costing $150. Fuck that noise. I went to every single road game this year for free. I might not get into the Sugar Bwol for free, but fuck if I'm spending $150 for the upper deck.

Bernard

It’s steep as shit up there. I’m really not thrilled at all, but nobody is buying that shit off of me at face. I’m not even going to attempt the circus of selling. 

I’m just fucking pissed about the Big 12 game. I’ll see what the bowl game seats are.

It just pisses me off to be a graduate, donate a lot to have high loyalty points (which is not a good system given where I’m at and where I get tickets), put in the request on time, and see the majority of other (better) seats not be a grauduate, not be a Longhorn foundation donor, etc.

A few of my friends and I are reconsidering the whole donation thing. Then again, we bullshit about it every year and don’t change anything. 

Im just getting a little exhausted feeling like the foundation is cave diving in my colon.

The CCG and this bowl game have taught me my lesson. From now on the only seats I get through LHF at my season tickets and the RRSO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. Even OU is iffy on value unless we're talking two ranked teams. More of a convienence/pick your seat thing than a money saver.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Acted early and got flights on SWA, a room at Hotel Monteleone,  and NYE reservations at Galatoire's, but I'm supposed to sit up in the fucking rafters at full price for the game? Fuck you LHF!  

I have 4 dogshit seats in the nosebleeds, but what I need is 2 decent seats.  Trying to sell these things for face hasn't garnered any attention on craigslist, here or offerup.  

Section 117 for our priority seats, section 519 for the extras we ordered.  Section 519 row 3 to be exact, if anyone's interested in buying for face ($150).

Sidenote, anyone buying tickets to the Texas Exes tailgate?  Only $110 for members lol.  All you can eat buffet and open bar, but crowd management has been less than ideal at previous Exes tailgates.

Edited by LonghornSean

2 hours ago, GTNY said:

I am curious what Georgia sold their seats for and if it was same price as LHF. Prices in their sections started out significantly lower on stubhub. But yea, never ordering through LHF again unless its for playoffs. 

Prices and seat locations are set by the bowls, not schools.  So Georgia has the same crappy seat locations, just in another corner, and same ridiculous prices.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 3:09 PM, Bob Lives! said:

Acted early and got flights on SWA, a room at Hotel Monteleone,  and NYE reservations at Galatoire's, but I'm supposed to sit up in the fucking rafters at full price for the game? Fuck you LHF!  

I have 4 dogshit seats in the nosebleeds, but what I need is 2 decent seats.  Trying to sell these things for face hasn't garnered any attention on craigslist, here or offerup.  

See you at the carousel, but our reservations are across the street at Mr. B’s. 

Edited by Lat22
  • Like 1

622. Wow.

I don't mind being high - like it actually - but getting stuck in the corner sucks ass. I'm in the 15k range on loyalty apparently. What's worse is that tickets in that section can be had for barely more than half of what we paid through LHF, inclusive of fees. Sigh. Sugar was the only bowl I requested for - figured it would be a high demand game, new years in NOLA and a big name opponent and all. Never again. Feeling real dumb right about now.

On 12/18/2018 at 6:49 AM, Bob Lives! said:

The CCG and this bowl game have taught me my lesson. From now on the only seats I get through LHF at my season tickets and the RRSO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. I can’t echo this sentiment enough. I got Terrace and can now buy lower level end zone for less than what fucking LHF charged me. 

• Like 1

I'm not pissed at the tickets per se.  I'm pissed that I have two extra by a strange stroke of bad luck and will be stuck with unsold mediocre tickets at a ridiculous charge.  

And why won't the assholes at StubHub let me photo-post them?  Nobody is buying these by Saturday. 

No more LHF tix EVER.  MAybe just season tickets.  MAYBE.

10 hours ago, 4Pete said:

I'm not pissed at the tickets per se.  I'm pissed that I have two extra by a strange stroke of bad luck and will be stuck with unsold mediocre tickets at a ridiculous charge.  

And why won't the assholes at StubHub let me photo-post them?  Nobody is buying these by Saturday. 

No more LHF tix EVER.  MAybe just season tickets.  MAYBE.

You can sell them digitally on Ticketmaster by entering in the barcode.

Company party tonight. Got home 10 mins ago to fed ex on the doorstep. Was scared to god damn open it. 620 row 26. Jesus fucking Christ. I don’t expect the red carpet but fuck....7 seasons LHF and I coughed up $320 for this hot fucking garbage. I’ll never use LHF again aside from the basic two or three boxes a year I check in March. At least they don’t fuck that up. I would be lucky to $50/per for these and paid $150/per. Fuck 

On 12/19/2018 at 8:44 PM, gmr548 said:

622. Wow.

I don't mind being high - like it actually - but getting stuck in the corner sucks ass. I'm in the 15k range on loyalty apparently. What's worse is that tickets in that section can be had for barely more than half of what we paid through LHF, inclusive of fees. Sigh. Sugar was the only bowl I requested for - figured it would be a high demand game, new years in NOLA and a big name opponent and all. Never again. Feeling real dumb right about now.

Tuesday night game was a clue.