2018 Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman - Virginia Tech vs. Cincinnati

satyanash

11 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

Yeah, Cincy's only losses were to UCF and Temple.  Oddly, that was only good enough for 3rd in the AAC East.

They should have beaten Temple... let the game slip from their grasp.

UCF obviously there wasn't much else they could have done, they were simply outclassed.

2 minutes ago, Doze said:

Is the Cincinnati coach from the Mack Brown coaching tree?   

Could't help but notice the lack of dental hygiene.   #butterteeth.

Healthy teeth actually do tend to have a yellow tinge in humans. You need whitening agents to get your teeth perfectly white.

1 minute ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

I  thought I saw these two teams play in a bowl recently.  Turns out they played in the same bowl in 2014 and the Orange bowl in 2008.  They also played each other in the 1947 Sun Bowl.

I did a Google map search - the two campuses are about five hours from each other.  You'd almost think they're in the same conference.

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I did a Google map search - the two campuses are about five hours from each other.  You'd almost think they're in the same conference.

They were in the Metro Conference together before VT made the Big East football conference.  The Metro did not have football, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Conference

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.

4 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

I  thought I saw these two teams play in a bowl recently.  Turns out they played in the same bowl in 2014 and the Orange bowl in 2008.  They also played each other in the 1947 Sun Bowl.

Sun Bowl is super-old, it never attained the prestige of the other NY6 bowls but it's up there with them in terms of age/tradition.

image.png

Cincinnati's Harold Johnson scores in the third quarter as the Bearcats defeated Virginia Tech 18-6 in a sunless Sun Bowl before a shivering crowd of 10,000 on Jan. 2, 1947.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Sun Bowl is super-old, it never attained the prestige of the other NY6 bowls but it's up there with them in terms of age/tradition.

image.png

Cincinnati's Harold Johnson scores in the third quarter as the Bearcats defeated Virginia Tech 18-6 in a sunless Sun Bowl before a shivering crowd of 10,000 on Jan. 2, 1947.

LOL at the barbershop quartet ref.