Sun Tzu, Chinese Fire Drill and Todd Orlando's Defense

sushihorn

so can someone oversimplify this for me, or at least confirm that i understand what's going on?

did we notice from film that fromm excelled at checking the pre-snap coverage and calling/changing the play based on what he saw?  and therefore, did we adjust the defensive alignment to the point where he could never really tell who was dropping/rushing/in the box?  are sec defenses that prone to tipping their hands and showing their formations before the play and letting above average qbs just change the play and (usually) guess right?

i guess we've been dealing with what seems like a never-ending barrage of upper-classman qbs running complicated offenses, so maybe this just isn't as effective in the b12?  i would also think running a straight ahead offense like georgia does with their athletes is enough to win you 10-11 games a year against inferior* talent in the sec.

*i'm not saying the sec has inferior talent, i'm saying georgia is more talented than practically anyone they could ever play 

There’s not a whole lot of great offensive minds in the SEC. They mostly try and line up and out athlete each other. It’s really an unimaginative league. 
Well that's because of the rampant pellagra which is caused by shitty bbq. Poooooooor sec sec sec.

12 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

Saw that look a lot when _iaz was our DC.

Manny's problem wasn't using radar looks.  It was poor tackling, gap discipline and run fits, especially on the back end.  A draw or quick hitter has about a 10% chance of success against Orlando.  It was more like 40-50% with _iaz.

Edited by sushihorn
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Manny's problem wasn't using radar looks.  It was poor tackling, gap discipline and run fits, especially on the back end.  A draw or quick hitter has about a 10% chance of success against Orlando.  It was more like 40-50% with _iaz.

Yeah I agree completely. _iaz had the fundamentals issue to contend with combined with zero gap disciplinne that rendered that look useless in 2012.

• 4 weeks later...