All Things Transgendered Thread

David Dennison

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Your still conflating you opinion on other people's gender with something that matters.

You’re still making an assertion that I am claiming that my opinion matters despite conclusive evidence to the contrary. Seriously, 1st page. Post #9. You can’t miss it.

3 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

I disagree on a few of your points, but the overall message is sound. I don’t get the PC culture we live in today. I admit it, I hope both of my sons are straight and will bear grandchildren one day. Yes, I agree that a gay couple can be fine parents and I would love my sons regardless of their sexual orientation. But, I have a clear preference. Somewhere along the way, this became a controversial viewpoint making me intolerant.

Ironically, this is exactly how Trump was elected. 

You are arguing with a Russian troll

MSGA

boot all of the SEC Russian troll bots and the ten socks. We all know who they are. Hugo , DD, Seven BamaChk, Pokémon. 

Every attempt at real discussion is detailed by these bigoted cunts who add zero to the conversation. 

How many times can we post

“You’re part of the problem”

flush the turds. MSGA

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

It’s a social science. It’s akin to masterbating:having sex. I do like how you ignore my questions though when you can’t back up your statement(s).

I could provide all the scientific studies out there explaining transgenderism and it wouldn't matter to you because you want to be able to define man and woman your way.

So go ahead. Keep being a dick. No pun intended.

9 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

You’re still making an assertion that I am claiming that my opinion matters despite conclusive evidence to the contrary. Seriously, 1st page. Post #9. You can’t miss it.

How you treat people matters. If you aren't accepting of a trans woman as a woman, you are not treating that person well. You're being an asshole.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I could provide all the scientific studies out there explaining transgenderism and it wouldn't matter to you because you want to be able to define man and woman your way.

So go ahead. Keep being a dick. No pun intended.

I’m only asking for 1 study, which you have failed to provide. I have provided 1 to support my position and am happy to provide others based on the specific question. You have conveniently ignored it to constantly tell me that I am part of the problem and decline debating the issue on a topic you yourself created a thread on. We can’t come to an understanding if we don’t clearly state our position and provide evidence to support it. I’m starting to suspect that this was not your intent at all. Shocking.

3 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

I’m only asking for 1 study, which you have failed to provide. I have provided 1 to support my position and am happy to provide others based on the specific question. You have conveniently ignored it to constantly tell me that I am part of the problem and decline debating the issue on a topic you yourself created a thread on. We can’t come to an understanding if we don’t clearly state our position and provide evidence to support it. I’m starting to suspect that this was not your intent at all. Shocking.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25667367

There's a whole lot more at NIH here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?linkname=pubmed_pubmed&from_uid=25667367

Edited by David Dennison

I realize that this thread is not about homosexuality, but I found a factoid extremely interesting on yesterday's NPR's Think episode hosted by Krys Boyd. She had an anthropologist discussing the Evolution Of Human Violence. He stated that homosexuality rates in animal species were higher where aggression had either been bred out or devalued by the group. It allowed for more harmonious opportunities for the overall system to work.

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/478859728/think

Just now, JohnnyRage said:

I realize that this thread is not about homosexuality, but I found a factoid extremely interesting on yesterday's NPR's Think episode hosted by Krys Boyd. She had an anthropologist discussing the Evolution Of Human Violence. He stated that homosexuality rates in animal species were higher where aggression had either been bred out or devalued by the group. It allowed for more harmonious opportunities for the overall system to work.

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/478859728/think

But how is she in coverage?

Just now, Spankytoes said:

Conclusions: Although the mechanisms remain to be determined, there is strong support in the literature for a biologic basis of gender identity.

So, it’s a hypothesis?

Find the paper in the journal and report back. Then go through the other six pages of scientific papers and let us know what you think.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Find the paper in the journal and report back. Then go through the other six pages of scientific papers and let us know what you think.

Better idea: Why don’t you just provide a direct link since it’s your argument. It would be much more beneficial than a summary of a supposed study where the results are inconclusive but may make a case for what you are proclaiming. The Cliff’s Notes aren’t exactly mind blowing.

Just now, Pokemon said:

This is like arguing with people about global warming. They have talking points they don't understand yet they're very enthusiastic to use them.

Ultimately they're just playing rhetorical musical chairs. And counting that a victory.

"Show me the science."

"OK. Here."

"Well, I don't like that science. Show me science that reinforces my beliefs."

Round and round we go.

1 minute ago, Pokemon said:

This is like arguing with people about global warming. They have talking points they don't understand yet they're very enthusiastic to use them.

Ultimately they're just playing rhetorical musical chairs. And counting that a victory.

It’s hard for many of us to understand self mutilation.  

Better idea: Why don’t you just provide a direct link since it’s your argument. It would be much more beneficial than a summary of a supposed study where the results are inconclusive but may make a case for what you are proclaiming. The Cliff’s Notes aren’t exactly mind blowing.

You won't like that either. You'll want something else.

How about you just stop treating the trans people you know poorly.

Just now, David Dennison said:

No, I’ll like it fine. Whether or not I disagree with it is irrelevant. At least you will have provided evidence to support your claim based in science, or at least pseudoscience. By all means, give me the link to the study and I will read every word of it. Don’t cop out.

No, I’ll like it fine. Whether or not I disagree with it is irrelevant. At least you will have provided evidence to support your claim based in science, or at least pseudoscience. By all means, give me the link to the study and I will read every word of it. Don’t cop out.

I provided plenty. They all have citations. You can find each and every one of those papers if they are available.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I’m sure my self-held view, that I don’t share with them outwardly during all the politeness to the pronoun and respect I actually show them, has set the movement back dearly. My refusal to adhere to their view of a woman, while never verbalized, must be crippling.

Now who’s making an argument against something the other person never claimed?

1 minute ago, Spankytoes said:

As fascinating as the posters responding at the same clip?

So far as I can tell after wading through this thread, they don't claim that they don't care. In fact, they're quite passionate in their defense of acknowledging the humanity of transgenders and their efforts to achieve both de facto and de jure equal rights as American citizens.

1 minute ago, Spankytoes said:

I’m sure my self-held view, that I don’t share with them outwardly during all the politeness to the pronoun and respect I actually show them, has set the movement back dearly. My refusal to adhere to their view of a woman, while never verbalized, must be crippling.

Now who’s making an argument against something the other person never claimed?

Coward.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I provided plenty. They all have citations. You can find each and every one of those papers if they are available.

Excellent. I can’t find them. As stated before, I am taken to links where the article is also published like an index. So if you’d be so kind, I’d like to read them to understand your view better. 

2 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Excellent. I can’t find them. As stated before, I am taken to links where the article is also published like an index. So if you’d be so kind, I’d like to read them to understand your view better. 

If you want to read them, you need to find the journals in which they are published. Assuming you went to college, that should be a snap.

Happy reading.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Coward.

The old moving the goalpost trick. Don’t be a bigoted dick, but be polite and treat them with respect. Yeah, I’m going to need help on this one. Should I tell them that they are delusional because that’s how I really feel or should I pretend he’s a she and play along to not further traumatize someone with issues? Seems I can’t win unless I conform.

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

So far as I can tell after wading through this thread, they don't claim that they don't care. In fact, they're quite passionate in their defense of acknowledging the humanity of transgenders and their efforts to achieve both de facto and de jure equal rights as American citizens.

You’re suggesting that DD doesn’t care that I don’t personally believe a trans woman is actually a woman and hasn’t spent hours trying to debunk my view?

Cool.

Edited by Spankytoes

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It doesn't matter what you think. It matters what they think. That's the whole point.

“You’re still making an assertion that I am claiming that my opinion matters despite conclusive evidence to the contrary. Seriously, 1st page. Post #9. You can’t miss it.“ -Spankytoes; Page 4; Post #198

The problem is that I can quote it for you, but I can’t understand it for you.

3 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

“You’re still making an assertion that I am claiming that my opinion matters despite conclusive evidence to the contrary. Seriously, 1st page. Post #9. You can’t miss it.“ -Spankytoes; Page 4; Post #198

The problem is that I can quote it for you, but I can’t understand it for you.

Your opinion only matters insofar as you refuse to recognize a transgender individual as such. It a shameful form of disrespect.

Edited by David Dennison

9 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

You’re suggesting that DD doesn’t care that I don’t personally believe a trans woman is actually a woman and hasn’t spent hours trying to debunk my view?

Cool.

No, you have it backward. You're the one who claims not to care but have persisted in continuously responding to this topic since you were on the train (presumably coming home from work) earlier today. The others, with whom you're arguing, have made no equivalent claim of indifference.

It's your behavior that's fascinating.

22 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I find it fascinating that individuals who purport to not care about this issue would spend half a day arguing this topic.

Your post made this conversation the "You Never Even Called Me By My Name" thread. With it, I think it is safe to say it now includes every online debate trope from 1996 - 2019. Its got:

- Name calling and hyperbolic insults

- Accusations of playbooks and talking points

- More appeal to emotion than a group of fat lesbians with hand-knitted gashes on their heads

- Godwin's law

- "Anyone who disagrees with me is racist"

- Smugness and faux-intellectual superiority

- A crazy ass troll-sock that keeps posting to himself even though everyone else is ignoring him

- Ad homs out the wazoo

- The random poster that jumps in to agree with the ad homs

- The "you can find your own data" play

- Middling attempts at levity via humor

- Avoiding answers by asking questions

When you pulled the old "funny how you don't care but you keep responding" move, I think that put it over the top. Hats off to you Mr. Goodman! Well done sir. Well done. This thread will be celebrated by future Internets.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Your opinion only matters insofar as you refuse to recognize a transgender individual as such. It a shameful form of disrespect.

That I don’t verbalize to trans people in any conceivable way outside of this “debate” on a message board. If i was directly asked that question by a trans person in my real life, I would be honest about it. If that hurts their feelings, I won’t lose a wink of sleep over it. To quote Ben Shapiro, facts don’t have feelings. There are plenty of other people willing to be PC if reassurance is what you seek. I’m not one of them. I prefer to stab you in the chest rather than the back.

4 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

That I don’t verbalize to trans people in any conceivable way outside of this “debate” on a message board. If i was directly asked that question by a trans person in my real life, I would be honest about it. If that hurts their feelings, I won’t lose a wink of sleep over it. To quote Ben Shapiro, facts don’t have feelings. There are plenty of other people willing to be PC if reassurance is what you seek. I’m not one of them. I prefer to stab you in the chest rather than the back.

The problem is, you don't have facts on your side.

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

No, you have it backward. You're the one who claims not to care but have persisted in continuously responding to this topic since you were on the train (presumably coming home from work) earlier today. The others, with whom you're arguing, have made no equivalent claim of indifference.

It's your behavior that's fascinating.

Well, half of my posts have been asking for tangible data to support a held view, or debunking the claims that I have made arguments I have in fact not made, so knock yourself out. Though, I suppose I should thank you for recognizing the fact that I stated that I don’t care. Some people have missed that sentiment entirely. Yet, you are only awarded partial credit. Because I did say that I care if I am forced to be intellectually dishonest with myself and proclaim a transgendered woman is an actual woman. My carelessness extends to calling them “she” or letting them tinkle in the ladies room. That’s not my business.

4 hours ago, Pokemon said:

Fine. But you did call me "sugartits". Which means you're a juvenile moron and hardly scientifically intrigued or inclined. You're absolutely parroting anti LGBT talking points. Probably disseminated to you. Almost word for word.

I'll bet you're highly religious. Which is the antipathy of "science".

As such, don't address me anymore.

Go be with your flock, and stay there.

Hey, sugartits!