2019 St Louis Cardinals

pops

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Irrespective of what's coming up in the batting order, I *hate* pulling a starting pitcher who is dealing.  We dodged a bullet there.

Totally agree, but you have to be able to count on your pen to save a 4-1 game. Martinez is like riding a bull. Never boring and disaster is always seconds away. 

8 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

He was at 118 pitches.  He had to come out.  

I get it.  That's his highest pitch count of the season, too.  

The rotation going forward will be interesting.  Roughly half of Flaherty's starts have come on 4 days rest.  That would have him starting Game 2 against Arizona (9/24) and Game 3 against the Cubs (9/29) if needed.  However, that would push him back to Game 2 of the playoffs if they make it that far. 

Yeah we tried like hell to lose that game.

Shildt needs to treat these games like playoff games. I could tell after 2 batters that CM didn't have it.  He should have yanked him after the Bryant single.

Oh well... at least we got the win and avoided the sweep.  If we can somehow win today, I'll consider that a series win. :)

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah we tried like hell to lose that game.

Shildt needs to treat these games like playoff games. I could tell after 2 batters that CM didn't have it.  He should have yanked him after the Bryant single.

Oh well... at least we got the win and avoided the sweep.  If we can somehow win today, I'll consider that a series win. :)

Shit...if we get more than 3 innings out of wacha I'll consider it a series win

18 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah holy shit I’m giddy. I would never have guessed we’d take the first two. Whatever happens now is gravy. 

But let’s go ahead and sweep these fucks right out of the playoffs. 

No mercy.

spacer.png

Probably not possible with mikolas v darvish on Sunday but my God it would be glorious to do it at the confines.