Mexican Restaurant Near Cedar Park Center?

Wally Pryor

For cheap Tex Mex it's hard to go wrong with Chuy's. Dos Salsas is also good (huge restaurant and drinks), but I dont think their food is that great personally. There's also a torchys almost next door. Theres a bunch of smaller places but those are the bigger 3. A great texmex spot in Cedar Park/Leander would kill. 

6 minutes ago, TXs said:

For cheap Tex Mex it's hard to go wrong with Chuy's. Dos Salsas is also good (huge restaurant and drinks), but I dont think their food is that great personally. There's also a torchys almost next door. Theres a bunch of smaller places but those are the bigger 3. A great texmex spot in Cedar Park/Leander would kill. 

Hard to go wrong with Chuy’s but Dos Salsa’s is no good? Wow

• Like 1

Santa Catarina is good but it isn’t primarily a tex mex place it’s got more interior Mexican stuff. There is a place cielito Lindo on cypress creek that is very good as well, but last time I went it didn’t serve drinks. My go to in Leander is probably Jardin corona, but dos salsas is an ok alternative.

• Like 1

Mayito's, a complete hole in the wall, mom and pop place, they make their own corn and flour tortillas and the food is super good. Reminds me of growing up in Brownsville. Trust me on this one, I hardly ever make it up there but always stop when I do. 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mayitos-mexican-restaurant-leander?osq=mayitos

18 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

If you're driving up from Buda, Jardin on Pond Springs is your best bet. It's not that close to the arena, but it's on the way.

The same restaurant is in Cedar Park within 2 miles of the arena at the Old 183 and Buttercup Creek intersection.

Much closer that Pond Springs.

46 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

The same restaurant is in Cedar Park within 2 miles of the arena at the Old 183 and Buttercup Creek intersection.

Much closer that Pond Springs.

True, but if you're taking 183A, it's out of your way. And for whatever reason, I've had better experiences at the Pond Springs location.