Israel

SmokeyBear1861

On 4/8/2019 at 12:28 AM, NowThis said:

wrong on everything. 

The US equipment on Israeli soil is solely for the benefit of Israel. Duh.  This is very easy, not sure why you are having a difficult time processing the most basic fact. 

Right now, liberals have abandoned or are abandoning Israel, except for Jewish liberals.  Right wingers are playing ethno politics, a fav of Trumpians and aggy. So it's not a stretch at all to say that only racists and Jews support Israel currently. 

On 4/9/2019 at 8:57 AM, NowThis said:

2mhtnja.jpg

And your Hamas wants to wipe Israel off the face of the earth despite the fact that Israel collects taxes for the Palestinians and half of the electricity that is used in gaza comes from Israel. Hamas is a bigger threat to the Palestinians that Israel is.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2019 at 9:47 AM, Asithappens said:

Yes, the Palestinians are replete with moral authority. 

They don’t have to be. It’s funny how it’s only black and white when it has to fit a fairy tale. You’ll never see a Palestinian arguing that they shouldn’t have to negotiate with the Israelis because the “Israelis are not replete with moral authority,” but that’s almost always the typically pathetic used by Israel and their alleged “supporters.”

Again, both sides are shitbags in many ways. Again, you refuse to recognize that fact.

No, you refuse to recognize reality by pretending to be neutral with these shittastic, factually challenged renderings. You try to whitewash history with these insipid “both sides” comments, and it works out for Israel in two ways:

1. You understate how morally bankrupt the Israeli government is

2. You overstate how morally bankrupt Hamas/Hezbollah/Iran/etc are

In the end, it looks like both sides are equally bad, thereby justifying the status quo. That’s...handy.

Meanwhile in reality, Israel literally has absolutely no legal right whatsoever to perform the actions they perform in ANY of the Occupied Territories. They have no right to erect settlements in the West Bank. They have no right to blockade Gaza. They have no right to militarily occupy East Jerusalem. They have no right to build a wall to protect those West Bank settlements. They have no right to turn Gaza into the world’s largest open air prison. 

Palestine, on the other hand, has the absolute right to use any means, including violent force, to resist all of those things. They have the right to use violence to achieve self-determination. Again, belligerent reprisal is a legal right that occupied countries and peoples have.

Their occupiers enjoy no such right. They don’t have rights in the Occupied Territories; only have responsibilities, and they have failed to live up to even one of them.

Edited by hpslugga

Oh and as to Netanyahu being re-elected, this is like Nixon winning a re-elect AFTER Watergate, after the revelation that he interjected to scuttle peace negotiations between us and the Vietnamese, after it was revealed what a horrid backlash the so-called War on Drugs had, after COINTELPRO, after the bombing of Cambodia/Laos, and after the public release of the Chilean documents. Only two words could sum that, and this, up: moral depravity

9 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

And your Hamas wants to wipe Israel off the face of the earth despite the fact that Israel collects taxes for the Palestinians and half of the electricity that is used in gaza comes from Israel. Hamas is a bigger threat to the Palestinians that Israel is.

i want to thank you for posting, we need more actual zionist Jews to come back. The usual redneck tards lack the finely honed propaganda of you guys; although yours isn't as good as other zionists. Nevertheless , thanks. 

Israeli tax collection, agreed upon by Arafat years ago (died 2004), is a form of bullying because whenever the Arabs don't please the Jews, the Jews withhold the money causing problems for tens of thousands of families of civil workers in the West Bank. So this is not a positive on your side. 

Gaza electricity is paid for by the PA whose funds come partly from the US. Israel doesn't do it for free, nor is the food/water/daily mundane items for free either. Much of is it paid by the P A or as part of international NGOs. 

I'd say the settlers are a bigger threat to the Arabs as just this week, 600 income producing trees were chopped down or burned. They have eradicated hundreds of thousands of trees in a slow motion ethnic cleansing. That's on the Jews. 

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

i want to thank you for posting, we need more actual zionist Jews to come back. The usual redneck tards lack the finely honed propaganda of you guys; although yours isn't as good as other zionists. Nevertheless , thanks. 

Israeli tax collection, agreed upon by Arafat years ago (died 2004), is a form of bullying because whenever the Arabs don't please the Jews, the Jews withhold the money causing problems for tens of thousands of families of civil workers in the West Bank. So this is not a positive on your side. 

Gaza electricity is paid for by the PA whose funds come partly from the US. Israel doesn't do it for free, nor is the food/water/daily mundane items for free either. Much of is it paid by the P A or as part of international NGOs. 

I'd say the settlers are a bigger threat to the Arabs as just this week, 600 income producing trees were chopped down or burned. They have eradicated hundreds of thousands of trees in a slow motion ethnic cleansing. That's on the Jews. 

Actually those rednecks were kicking your ass and bad. I just feel like getting in on some of the fun. You're 100% wrong on the taxes. Israel agreed to collect taxes for the Palestinians in a treaty signed in Paris in the .early 90s  What you may be talking about is after arafats intifada. And as far as bullying is concerned, you commit violence against the Israelis, you get punished. Maybe when the palestinians love their children more than they hate the Israelis, they can collect their own taxes. Of course, hamas will use whatever they receive to kill Israelis .

You did get one thing partially right. The PA wasn't paying the utility bills and thats why 50% of all electricity in Gaza was turned off. The utility plant in Ashkelon still kept 50% of the electricity flowing in gaza and why shouldn't they get compensated.  Maybe if hamas didn't waste $144 million on a tunnel to try to kill Israelis, they would have had money to keep the lights on. And just to show how stupid Palestinians are, that utility plant is a constant target of idiot hamas missile attacks.

Settlers chop down trees. Palestinians shoot Israelis in the back, drive cars into bus stops where Israelis are waiting to go to work and some are stabbed while walking down the streets. There are radicals on both sides. Here is something that the We Hate Israel websites that you frequent don't tell you. When Palestinian mothers have sick children, they don't look for help from their own, they try to find someone in the IDF. When they do, the IDF member immediately calls for medical aid and that child is taken to an Israeli hospital for medical care. The Israeli hospitals are full of Palestinian children. Meanwhile hamas terrorists have been jknown in the past to sneak into the homes of Israelis and slash the throats of 6 month old children while they sleep. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Actually those rednecks were kicking your ass and bad. I just feel like getting in on some of the fun. You're 100% wrong on the taxes. Israel agreed to collect taxes for the Palestinians in a treaty signed in Paris in the .early 90s  What you may be talking about is after arafats intifada. And as far as bullying is concerned, you commit violence against the Israelis, you get punished. Maybe when the palestinians love their children more than they hate the Israelis, they can collect their own taxes. Of course, hamas will use whatever they receive to kill Israelis .

You did get one thing partially right. The PA wasn't paying the utility bills and thats why 50% of all electricity in Gaza was turned off. The utility plant in Ashkelon still kept 50% of the electricity flowing in gaza and why shouldn't they get compensated.  Maybe if hamas didn't waste $144 million on a tunnel to try to kill Israelis, they would have had money to keep the lights on. And just to show how stupid Palestinians are, that utility plant is a constant target of idiot hamas missile attacks.

Settlers chop down trees. Palestinians shoot Israelis in the back, drive cars into bus stops where Israelis are waiting to go to work and some are stabbed while walking down the streets. There are radicals on both sides. Here is something that the We Hate Israel websites that you frequent don't tell you. When Palestinian mothers have sick children, they don't look for help from their own, they try to find someone in the IDF. When they do, the IDF member immediately calls for medical aid and that child is taken to an Israeli hospital for medical care. The Israeli hospitals are full of Palestinian children. Meanwhile hamas terrorists have been jknown in the past to sneak into the homes of Israelis and slash the throats of 6 month old children while they sleep. 

lol no, the redneck tards are tards and you are only slightly better. 

The settlers are not under a military dictatorship, they are part of it. Often the IDF can be spotted with them as the settler destroy Palestinian orchards and throw stones at the residents. Huge difference.  I support attacks on settlers, as they are the dictatorial oppressors. There's no reason for wealthy well armed Jews to attack Arab peasant farmers. 

Tunnels don't cost $144 million. Do you think the Vietnamese paid $140 mil per tunnel? Theirs were much more elaborate and numerous than the ones in Gaza. Often this zio-propaganda is really laughable.

zionists overrate the importance of Hamas, which has almost no relevance in the WB.  Israel collects taxes only in the WB obviously and holds it as blackmail when the PA unilaterally declares statehood or other political schemes. You see, the Jewish control of the Arabs is almost absolute, which a big problem, yet the Jews are always the victim. This a faux victimhood which the world understands except for most Americans (due to zionist media control). 

IDF goes into hospitals and shoots up the place, killing unarmed people, beating up doctors , killing the guards at the entrance. The Pals do have their own medical facilties in the WB, equipment isn't modern, but they do have something. 

Never argue with a fool. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. Your post is so retarded, I hope you actually believe it all. You will continue to stay miserable and I will continue to laugh at your stupidity.

Israel has the land that was won in battle and the Palestinians aren't getting it. I hope Bibi annexes it as he has mentioned and I will jump for joy when scum like you and other haters whine and cry. And btw, if the arab countries wanted the Palestinians to have the west bank, they could have given them the land when they had control.

And btw, since we control everything in the US, I  may tell the Mossad where you are and...

Your incredible stupidity was great for a laugh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Never argue with a fool. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. Your post is so retarded, I hope you actually believe it all. You will continue to stay miserable and I will continue to laugh at your stupidity.

Israel has the land that was won in battle and the Palestinians aren't getting it. I hope Bibi annexes it as he has mentioned and I will jump for joy when scum like you and other haters whine and cry. And btw, if the arab countries wanted the Palestinians to have the west bank, they could have given them the land when they had control.

And btw, since we control everything in the US, I  may tell the Mossad where you are and...

Your incredible stupidity was great for a laugh.

your dementia is showing. I never said you control everything, just the media for the most part and especially the message on this topic.  I'll post an example later today on that. 

The tax situation is intriguing. You think the Arabs want the Jews to control Arab tax money? How can anyone be so naive? It's a bullying and control mechanism to which Arafat had no choice but to agree, what else can they do - the IDF has a gun pointed at his face. 

I really do hope Satanyahu annexes the WB. Then the stupid American public will realize the 2 state solution is a farce and the 1 state will gain all momentum.. meaning full annexation and 2 million Arab voters.  Do it. 

7 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

I hope Bibi annexes it as he has mentioned and I will jump for joy when scum like you and other haters whine and cry. And btw, if the arab countries wanted the Palestinians to have the west bank, they could have given them the land when they had control.

A good human being with a normal, unscrambled brain!

57 minutes ago, NowThis said:

your dementia is showing. I never said you control everything, just the media for the most part and especially the message on this topic.  I'll post an example later today on that. 

The tax situation is intriguing. You think the Arabs want the Jews to control Arab tax money? How can anyone be so naive? It's a bullying and control mechanism to which Arafat had no choice but to agree, what else can they do - the IDF has a gun pointed at his face. 

I really do hope Satanyahu annexes the WB. Then the stupid American public will realize the 2 state solution is a farce and the 1 state will gain all momentum.. meaning full annexation and 2 million Arab voters.  Do it. 

We control the media and Congress according to the haters so thats about everything.  The Israelis collect taxes due to a treaty from the early 90s because the Palestinians are incapable of collecting them for themselves. You're the naïve one.  Arafat had little to do with this. No one put a gun to his head. The treaty was signed in Paris. If he didn't like it, he shouldn't have signed it.  Instead of spending all of their time trying to kill Israelis, put together a structure so they can collect their own taxes. Whats next. Maybe we should tell Mexico that we want to collect their taxes. Then maybe Sweden and we can work our way towards Poland. Thats nuts.

The 2 state solution has always been a farce. The pals had the chance and Arafat turned them down and started the intifada. And that comes from one of the six Palestinian negotiators and not Zionist media.  And I am still waiting for you to answer my question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LongestHorn said:

Justifying apartheid in their courts is going to be a show.

Really? There are over 400 mosques in Israel and the number grows every year, Apartheid? 300 Imams receive Israeli govt grants. Apartheid? The last time I looked, there were something like 28 Israeli Arabs in the Knesset. Apartheid? There are Israeli Arabs many of them Muslims in the IDF. Apartheid?  Israeli Arabs own property and businesses. Apartheid.? And some of them were targeted by suicide bombers.

And even more foolish is that you evidently are unaware that Israeli courts are some of the most liberal that you will find anywhere and go against the government constantly. Think of the 9th circuit and thats a large % of Israeli courts.. Any other genius comments? 

lulz.

“If I’m in Jerusalem and I put 500 Jewish settlers out here to the east and there’s 10,000 Arabs in here, if we draw the border to include them, either it ceases to be a Jewish state or you say the Arabs don’t get to vote – apartheid,” - libtard Mad Dog Mattis 2013

21 minutes ago, LongestHorn said:

lulz.

“If I’m in Jerusalem and I put 500 Jewish settlers out here to the east and there’s 10,000 Arabs in here, if we draw the border to include them, either it ceases to be a Jewish state or you say the Arabs don’t get to vote – apartheid,” - libtard Mad Dog Mattis 2013

I wouldn’t bother

5 hours ago, realgreggym said:

Really? There are over 400 mosques in Israel and the number grows every year, Apartheid? 300 Imams receive Israeli govt grants. Apartheid? The last time I looked, there were something like 28 Israeli Arabs in the Knesset. Apartheid? There are Israeli Arabs many of them Muslims in the IDF. Apartheid?  Israeli Arabs own property and businesses. Apartheid.? And some of them were targeted by suicide bombers.

And even more foolish is that you evidently are unaware that Israeli courts are some of the most liberal that you will find anywhere and go against the government constantly. Think of the 9th circuit and thats a large % of Israeli courts.. Any other genius comments? 

zionists always play the shell game, never directly addressing the apartheid of the West Bank. Of course Israel proper is dramatically different for the Israeli Arabs, but you are going deliberately off course. 

26 minutes ago, NowThis said:

zionists always play the shell game, never directly addressing the apartheid of the West Bank. Of course Israel proper is dramatically different for the Israeli Arabs, but you are going deliberately off course. 

And yet, you still haven't answered my question.

12 hours ago, NowThis said:

what question was that? Amid all of your confused rhetoric, embedded questions disappear. 

The only one here that is confused is you when you don't know which I hate Israel website to go to so you just go back to your Zionist schtick.

My question was rather simple. Why didn't the Arab countries give the West Bank to the Palestinians when they had control.

BTW, I am sure that you are as excited as I am that today if it hasn't happened yet, Israel will be the 4th country to land a probe on the moon. Maybe they will establish a James Bond laser weapon that can destroy parts of the West Bank and Gaza.

21 hours ago, realgreggym said:

Why won't Israel annex the entire West Bank?

14 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Governments that do shit like this when they have something to hide and essentially there’s no other valid reason, though I’m sure the realgreggyms of the world would have no problem whatsoever rectally deriving a series of bewildering inanities like the ones above explaining, what they believe in their tiny minds, absolutely everything.

Edited by hpslugga

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Governments lie and Israel would lie about that. 

I want to know why you think Israel won't annex the entire West Bank. It's pretty obvious.

Interesting that a liberal would complain about lying after 8 years of that piece of crap Obama and the hildabeast and 2 years of a fake witch hunt. 

My guess is that Israel would have to make the arabs living there citizens and give them the right to vote which would dilute the Jewish nation. Or maybe the Israelis can tell them to leave their homes and move away like hundreds of thousands of Jews were forced to do from their homes in arab countries.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Governments that do shit like this when they have something to hide and essentially there’s no other valid reason, though I’m sure the realgreggyms of the world would have no problem whatsoever rectally deriving a series of bewildering inanities like the ones above explaining, what they believe in their tiny minds, absolutely everything.

It brought a smile to my face to see that that scumbag is not going to be able to attend his daughter’s wedding. The leader of a boycott with the goal of destroying the one and only Jewish state and staunch ally of the US has no right to come visit our country. Fuck him. I couldn’t be happier with how we treat enemies like Barghouti and those associated with the Islamic Republic. 

“The real aim of BDS is to bring down the state of Israel….That should be stated as an unambiguous goal. There should not be any equivocation on the subject. Justice and freedom for the Palestinians are incompatible with the existence of the state of Israel.”

–As’ad AbuKhalil

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the daily grind

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-israeli-soldiers-shoot-bound-blindfolded-palestinian-teen-trying-to-flee-1.7151104?fbclid=IwAR132QitBSS1fIHUOHdeZfDvFvCJ7nZ_F8TWg_7MlDSZLoKroVKVN7EJGwA

Israeli Soldiers Shoot Bound, Blindfolded Palestinian Teen Trying to Flee

1.7151744.2733561649.jpg

Israeli soldiers shot on Thursday a restrained Palestinian teenager they had detained for suspected stone-throwing as he was attempting to flee, although he was blindfolded and handcuffed.

The soldiers pursued the detainee near the Palestinian village of Tekoa in the West Bank. At the time of the shooting, the suspect was blindfolded and handcuffed, while he made an attempt to flee.

The suspect was kept detained at the scene even after he had been shot, however, after clashes between soldiers and Palestinians at the scene, the Palestinians evacuated the suspect to receive medical treatment.

Israel is going to find support for their current murderous regime disappear very quickly within the United States, which is good. They need a more humane and open government that will institute a two-state solution that complies with international law. It is the only solution.

Evangelical Christian dominance of US foreign policy will not last forever, or maybe not even 5 more years.

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-by-cutting-off-relations-south-africa-branded-israel-with-the-mark-of-cain-1.7137293

"The severing of relations with the country of Nelson Mandela shouldn’t merely stir up sad thoughts about who Israel’s friends and critics are; South Africa, in a move that generates respect, is teaching Israel an important lesson about instilling the legacy of the past and learning its lessons. By cutting off ties with an occupying, apartheid state, it’s telling Israel: We’ve learned the lessons of our past. What about you?"

On 4/21/2019 at 12:00 PM, bad_teammate said:

Israel is going to find support for their current murderous regime disappear very quickly within the United States, which is good. They need a more humane and open government that will institute a two-state solution that complies with international law. It is the only solution.

Evangelical Christian dominance of US foreign policy will not last forever, or maybe not even 5 more years.

Let's hope it doesn't even last two more years.

shoot 37 protestors in one day, including 5 medics and 4 journalists.  Medics wear the bright orange vests and are easily identifiable.  Even journalists wear blue vests with "PRESS" or "MEDIA" on them.  Snipers are excellent shooters, so why is this happening? 

https://ppost24.com/post/93/israeli-forces-shoot-37-gaza-protesters-including-five-paramedics?fbclid=IwAR0_Ges6LdLNpP-tc-VHFPjxlThWxLOOCaCw_3vsaqInlkkbQvy3c4XKiqU

Israeli occupation forces shot a d wounded 37 peaceful Palestinian protesters during their participation in the Great March or Return activities in Gaza, including five paramedics.

One of the paramedics, the ministry of health in Gaza said, was shot in the head and at least one of the other protesters suffered serious injuries and three suffered moderate injuries.

Four of the wounded, the ministry added, are journalists.

Health ministry confirmed that Israeli forces shot Ahmed Weshah from the Palestinian Red Crescent Society in the head with a rubber-coated metal bullet in the central Gaza Strip. He was transferred to hospital to receive treatment of moderate injuries.

These latest injuries come hours after Israeli forces struck three security watchtowers with tank and drones following shots fired at the occupation troops on the Israeli side of the buffer zone. Officials in Gaza denied this.

Since 30 March 2018, when the Great March of Return started, the Israeli occupation forces have killed 272 Palestinians and wounded more than 16,000 others.

Last month, a UN inquiry concluded that Israeli soldiers had intentionally maimed Palestinians protesting in Gaza over the past year, creating a generation of disabled youth.

The UN report noted that over 80 per cent of the 6,106 protestors wounded in the first nine months of the Great March of Return were shot in the lower limbs.

Healthcare providers stressed that the pattern of wounds shows that Israeli soldiers are purposefully shooting to maim protesters, most of whom are in their 20s and now require long-term medical care.

iWfA4.jpeg

The "intentionally shooting to main" is a bit of a strange thing to complain about. Complain about shooting, shooting to kill even. 

But if the IDF is shooting to maim, intentionally so, then they are "intentionally" not shooting to kill. But they shouldn't be shooting at all.

And is that source really all that objective?

two right wingers in love . This US Israel relationship is comically sad.  Look at the scum in the picture, theives and liars. 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-says-hell-name-golan-heights-town-after-trump/?fbclid=IwAR0nZDu0zdNIQAbuLa9UVqNXm3Z9HhsBhFYIue7TfVu9AWH8xxS2xEEvDD4

Netanyahu says he’ll name Golan Heights town after Trump

Touring region on northern border, PM says move will honor US president’s recognition of Israeli sovereignty over disputed territory

000_1F22TE-640x400.jpg

Edited by NowThis

Just now, NowThis said:

two right wingers in love 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-says-hell-name-golan-heights-town-after-trump/?fbclid=IwAR0nZDu0zdNIQAbuLa9UVqNXm3Z9HhsBhFYIue7TfVu9AWH8xxS2xEEvDD4

Touring region on northern border, PM says move will honor US president’s recognition of Israeli sovereignty over disputed territory

000_1F22TE-640x400.jpg

This is something from Life of Brian, Pt. II.

Unbelievable.

16 hours ago, LongestHorn said:

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-by-cutting-off-relations-south-africa-branded-israel-with-the-mark-of-cain-1.7137293

"The severing of relations with the country of Nelson Mandela shouldn’t merely stir up sad thoughts about who Israel’s friends and critics are; South Africa, in a move that generates respect, is teaching Israel an important lesson about instilling the legacy of the past and learning its lessons. By cutting off ties with an occupying, apartheid state, it’s telling Israel: We’ve learned the lessons of our past. What about you?"

The Trump reaction is a direct consequence of the recent declaration from South African President Cyril Ramaphosa to move forward on land reform by expropriation without compensation.  “It has become patently clear that our people want the constitution to be more explicit about expropriation of land without compensation, as demonstrated in public hearings”. In contrast, on July 22nd, even Cuban lawmakers unanimously passed 224 articles that reformed their socialist Constitution into a more pro-market framework where property rights are now better recognized and protected.

The defense of private property rights is fundamental to protecting personal liberties in any market-based economy as pointed out in Article 17 from the U.N. Universal Declaration of Human Rights: “(1) Everyone has the right to own property alone as well as in association with others.

(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property.”

South African President Cyril Ramaphosa looks on during the BRICS Summit in Johannesburg, South Africa, Thursday, July 26, 2018. The summit of emerging national economies runs through Friday with various heads of BRICS attending. (AP Photo/Themba Hadebe)

South African President Cyril Ramaphosa looks on during the BRICS Summit in Johannesburg, South Africa, Thursday, July 26, 2018. The summit of emerging national economies runs through Friday with various heads of BRICS attending. (AP Photo/Themba Hadebe)

The reason for President Trump’s interest in the matter is that in terms of the Africa Growth and Opportunity Trade Act (AGOA) , sub-Saharan African countries to be eligible for its benefits ,must be making continual progress towards establishing a market-based economy that protects private property rights, incorporates an open rules-based trading system, and minimizes government interference in the economy through measures such as price controls, subsidies, and government ownership of economic assets.

seems like SA doesnt have much room to be casting aspersions.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenzomontanari/2018/08/31/south-africa-land-seizures-begin-economic-decline-accelerates/#5d3e2d7b6365

3 hours ago, NowThis said:

two right wingers in love . This US Israel relationship is comically sad.  Look at the scum in the picture, theives and liars. 

000_1F22TE-640x400.jpg

Putin's gonna be pissed to learn that Bibi is trying to move in on his boyfriend.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NowThis said:

000_1F22TE-640x400.jpg

Shameful 

6 hours ago, NowThis said:

000_1F22TE-640x400.jpg

Bibi knows exactly how to work Trump.  Put his fucking name on a city. 

the carnage hardly gets any mention anymore in the US media.  Why is Israel continuing, and increasing, the shooting of MEDICS?

On 56th  Friday of Great March of Return and Breaking Siege, Israeli Forces Wound 110 Civilians, including 37 Children, 3 Women, 4 Paramedics, and Journalist

https://pchrgaza.org/en/?p=12416

During this week, Israeli forces have escalated their attacks against the medical personnel in the field, wounding 4 members of them. This indicates that there is an Israeli systematic policy to target the medical personnel and obstruct their humanitarian work that is guaranteed under the rules of the international humanitarian law.

Edited by NowThis

and the beat goes on.  Satanyahu blocks a very rare meeting of Arabs and Jews:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-netanyahu-bars-all-palestinian-participants-from-attending-joint-memorial-ceremony-1.7189457?fbclid=IwAR0uSXIpKkPtLjWop_vHkA26aq55w5WbkrBhDDNUKXfxWG9MdcpNzMERvbI

Israel turned down all 181 applications of Palestinians invited by the organizers of a joint Israeli-Palestinian Memorial Day ceremony in Tel Aviv. Sources told Haaretz that the order banning the Palestinians came from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who also serves as defense minister. Netanyahu’s bureau declined to comment.

Last year, some 6,800 Israelis and Palestinians on both sides of the political divide came together to mourn and acknowledge each other’s grief for loved ones killed in the conflict at the unique joint Memorial Day ceremony, where they called for an end to the violence.

1.7189476.2294023866.jpg

finally, some an anti-israel bill is in the works.   https://www.afsc.org/newsroom/new-bill-would-protect-palestinian-children-abuse-0?fbclid=IwAR2Hge3q8kIMxtAbznO4UpJXbSohZj74XYpvE8SI6Nz9THwUjE7ctHRwgp0

WASHINGTON, DC (May 1, 2019) Today, Rep. Betty McCollum introduced new legislation HR 2407 designed to hold Israel accountable for continued abuse of Palestinian children held in Israeli military detention in violation of international humanitarian law. The Promoting Human Rights for Palestinian Children Living Under Israeli Military Occupation act would ensure that U.S. financial assistance provided to Israel is not used to detain, interrogate, abuse, torture, and prosecute Palestinian children in military courts. 

“This new bill will be a great help in our increasingly successful efforts to mobilize people to speak up for Palestinian rights,” said Jennifer Bing, coordinator of the American Friends Service Committee’s (AFSC) Palestine-Israel program. “When faith communities see how their tax money supports the abuse of Palestinian children, they send a clear message to their Congressional leaders that this is no way to treat a child. Nowhere should children be beaten, coerced into confessions, detained without access to a lawyer or their parents, sentenced in military courts, and transferred to prisons often inaccessible to their families.” 

This is the second introduction of a version of this bill in Congress. The initial bill followed years of advocacy by AFSC, Defense for Children International - Palestine, and others through the No Way to Treat a Child campaign.  

Israel has the dubious distinction of being the only country in the world that systematically prosecutes between 500 and 700 children each year in military courts that lack fundamental fair trial rights and protections. Since 2000, more than 10,000 Palestinian children have been subject to the Israeli military court system. Under Israeli military law, Palestinian children have no right to a lawyer during interrogation, and frequently report physical and verbal abuse from the moment of their arrest. 

The bill’s advocates expressed continued concern that Palestinian children were subject to a different legal process than Israeli children. “Palestinian and Israeli children experience separate and unequal treatment under the law,” said Aura Kanegis, AFSC’s Director for Public Policy and Advocacy. “While Palestinian children are subjected to regular abuse in military detention, no Israeli children, including those who live in the West Bank, are tried in Israeli military courts.”  

The Promoting Human Rights for Palestinian Children Living Under Israeli Military Occupation act would amend existing law by prohibiting U.S. military aid from being used by foreign armed forces to support the military detention, interrogation, abuse, or ill-treatment of children in violation of international humanitarian law. The bill also includes authorization of $19 million to monitor human rights abuses and provide treatment to Palestinian child victims of Israeli military detention and torture. 

“Dozens of faith and human rights groups have supported earlier efforts by Rep. McCollum to highlight the threat to Palestinian children living under Israeli military occupation,” said Bing. “We continue to send a clear message to Congress: our tax money should not pay for the abuse of children. Not in Israeli detention centers, nor in detention centers in our own country.” 

-------------------

https://mondoweiss.net/2019/05/reintroduces-palestinian-childrens/?fbclid=IwAR1kn72LEndE1_-OEBvRpIJ1Ul--Aokgf2iZFnklps_tWvtVHktscUSLq_o

08-272029-12DFL110514AL.jpg

Rep. Betty McCollum (D-MN) reintroduced yesterday her historic bill to promote the human rights of Palestinian children who face detention, interrogation, abuse and violence, including torture, and imprisonment by Israel through its separate-and-unequal military court system in the occupied West Bank.

The bill, H.R.2407, is entitled the Promoting Human Rights for Palestinian Children Living Under Israeli Military Occupation Act.

“Israel’s system of military juvenile detention is state-sponsored child abuse designed to intimidate and terrorize Palestinian children and their families,” McCollum said in a strongly-worded statement. “It must be condemned, but it is equally outrageous that US tax dollars in the form of military aid to Israel are permitted to sustain what is clearly a gross human rights violation against children.”

Edited by NowThis

the Texas Anti-BDS law has been ruled unconstitutional . Let's see how long this lasts before the pro zionist vultures swoop down

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/26/us/texas-bds-law/index.html

Texas has a law that says contractors can't boycott Israel. But a federal judge just blocked it

(CNN)A federal court struck down a Texas law requiring government contractors to certify they are not engaged in boycotts of Israel.

U.S. District Judge Robert Pitman granted preliminary injunctions on Thursday night and cited several rulings to buttress his conclusion that state law HB 89 is unconstitutional.
"At the heart of the First Amendment lies the principle that each person should decide for him or herself the ideas and beliefs deserving of expression, consideration, and adherence. Our political system and cultural life rest upon this ideal," Pitman said in his opinion.
"The purpose behind the Bill of Rights, and of the First Amendment in particular[,]" is "to protect unpopular individuals from retaliation -- and their ideas from suppression -- at the hands of an intolerant society."
Pitman denied the state's motion to dismiss two lawsuits and temporarily blocked the state from enforcing the two-year-old law.
"The statute threatens 'to suppress unpopular ideas'" and "manipulate the public debate through coercion rather than persuasion,'" Pitman said, citing a previous ruling. "This the First Amendment does not allow."
The office of state Attorney General Ken Paxton issued a statement saying it looks forward to "defending this law on appeal."
"We're disappointed with the ruling essentially requiring government to do business with discriminatory companies," his office said.

many many pages upthread, one leading member here noted that no occupier has treated the occupied so well.  Well not really.

60 homes to be demolished in East Jerusalem, leaving 500 Arabs homeless. Problem is that the Jews don't give them permits, only 2-4% are accepted, with a lengthy expensive process. So the Arabs build in their majority East Jerusalem, on owned property,  and the Jews tear it down to move in Jewish settlers.  Jews don't have much of a problem getting building permits, even retroactively for illegal building.  This is the slow motion ethnic cleansing of which Americans are unaware. 

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-israel-police-begin-demolishing-palestinian-homes-in-east-jerusalem-neighborhood-1.7134693

Israel Begins Demolishing Palestinian Homes in East Jerusalem Neighborhood

Supreme Court rejected families’ appeal that Jerusalem Municipality discriminated against them and they had no choice but to build illegally ■ Neighborhood includes some 60 buildings and is home to 500 residents

Wadi Yetzol was built 30 years ago by Palestinians living between Silwan and Abu Tor. They built homes without permits on land that they owned but that was zoned as green areas. They said it’s impossible to get a building permit in East Jerusalem, so they were forced to build against the law.

Last month, the municipality requested to allow the right-wing organization Elad, which operates in east Jerusalem, to receive building permits for illegal building it has constructed in the past. 

1.7130446.1324385997.jpg