Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

3 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
6 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:
It’s been a helluva run. We’re still gonna win the league. But this was bound to happen. 

Yup...just sucks we will miss out on some records but still have all the trophies in play

110 points is still imminently achievable.  No one really thought 118 was realistic.

3 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
5 minutes ago, maninblack said:
I know you don't know much about the game but we weren't setting the world on fire before he left injured. 

Or maybe you dont need to take a flippant comment so seriously and be wrong about it

I wasn't wrong about. These losses have nothing to do with Henderson playing or not playing

10 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Klopp needs to take a step back and evaluate what he's doing. Lost 2 of 3 since the break and had to struggle to win that 3rd.

We're absolutely impotent going forward and uninspiring from top to bottom.

i'll catch hell for this but there's too much firepower up front and not enough supply.  playing the 3-headed-hydra is not working.  go back to what worked.

i'll catch hell for this but there's too much firepower up front and not enough supply.  playing the 3-headed-hydra is not working.  go back to what worked.
We have had trouble breaking down teams that bunker down for most of the last 2 years...my complaint is that they try to get the perfect shot instead of just giving it a go sometimes

Salah's goal last week is an example of what they need to do more of with just giving it a chance to go in if keeper makes a mistake.

Seen lots of chances lost when they try to pass thru 2 guys instead of just taking a reasonable chance on goal from just outside the box

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So looks like I picked a good day to have something that precluded me from watching this disaster. 

Yeah you did. This probably works in our favor though. Klopp needed something like this to slam home the deficiencies in our squad and style of play against sides that will concede possession. Long run it didn't cost anything but the invincible thing provided changes are made.

Crossing my fingers in hope that he'll make the adjustments necessary before Atleti at Anfield.

We weren't going to win them all and both prizes are still there. All the undefeated talk was very USC 2005 and the undefeated regular season Patriots like. Couple this with adversity in the UCL and this might be the exact wake up call that the players and staff need to finish strong. They can't rest on their laurels. They're going to get everyone's best now.

The good thing is it's a short week with Chelsea in the FA Cup on Tuesday and then back home for Bournemouth. But if you look at the last two, what was missing? Hendo. Maybe I'm wrong with who stirs the drink. Maybe, it's Hendo. 

Edited by mdmost

Hendo wasn't missing for Atleti. Has nothing to do with him. It's tactical. In fact, Hendo may have made it worse with how he naturally plays.

Teams that concede possession and sit will give us fits with how were playing. People love to talk about the assist numbers from TAA and Robertson but ask yourself why are our fullbacks dominating with assists? Because we play through the wings and not the midfield. That isn't a huge deal against competition that'll stretch the pitch and try to attack equally. However, when you're playing teams that sit it turns into hit and hope somebody gets on the end of a cross.

What we need is more creativity and incisiveness through the middle against squads that will sit. Three matches in a row and three different midfields but the same tactics. Identical offensive results for the most part.

• Like 1

Wonder if the Invincibles are like those clowns from  the 72 Dolphins. They have a drink to celebrate when the last unbeaten team loses. 😀

Whatever pressure there was to go unbeaten is now gone. Eyes on the prize. But today was a little disconcerting. We shouldn’t have clean sheets against us. And the back line was shite. 

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

Wonder if the Invincibles are like those clowns from  the 72 Dolphins. They have a drink to celebrate when the last unbeaten team loses. 😀

Whatever pressure there was to go unbeaten is now gone. Eyes on the prize. But today was a little disconcerting. We shouldn’t have clean sheets against us. And the back line was shite. 

All on Klopp and club. The club should've sold off Lovren long ago. Klopp should be smart enough to never pick him. Klopp should also be smart enough to realize that his tactics vs teams that concede possession need to change. 

Chelsea will be easier because lampard will play more expansively but if Klopp doesn't change then Simeone will eat his lunch again.

Eh, shit happens. Even for really good teams. I’m not worried about one loss. And my two games without Hendo was West Ham as well which was a struggle. Losing in Madrid isn’t shocking as playing La Liga teams in their home will always be difficult. We rolled out Lovren who is substandard but Andy and VvD gave up a goal each. If we lose to Bournemouth at home then I’ll worry.

I was doing kid stuff for the first half and disappointed with pretty much everyone in the second but we weren’t really into it. The TAW guys went in hard on Lovren. Yikes. 

Degsi: 2

Does well there Degsi in the first half hour. Adam Melia says that one of my main matchgoing shouts of the last five years is “good decision, Dejan”.

That’s not to say he makes more good decisions than anyone else when he plays, more like he is so susceptible to a fucking woeful decision that any half decent/no shite ones he makes gets absolute plaudits. 

Anyways, made some good decisions Dejan there, until a minute before half time when he made a series of really, really fucking bad decisions Dejan.

First he emptied their lad to give the freekick away, and then got Deeney in a figure of four leglock in the box and let him have two one on ones somehow. Then continued on that road until the game was trotting off into the distance. Headcase.

Don’t get me started on their goal. Honest to god. That definitely doesn’t fall in the good decision camp. It falls in the soft arse fucking statue camp. Fuck me. The grapple with Deeney followed by the five-yard pass out finished me off. Mad that he is playing, la.

Bad decision, Jürgen. First one of the season.

Eh, shit happens. Even for really good teams. I’m not worried about one loss. And my two games without Hendo was West Ham as well which was a struggle. Losing in Madrid isn’t shocking as playing La Liga teams in their home will always be difficult. We rolled out Lovren who is substandard but Andy and VvD gave up a goal each. If we lose to Bournemouth at home then I’ll worry.

We struggled against Norwich as well.

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

So let’s say we do sign Timo Werner this off-season. Do we simply use him as a rotation guy or (and this would be my preference especially against low block teams) does Bob move to more of a true #10 and Werner slots into the front 3?

Rotation for now with him eventually taking a spot down the road in the first 11. Maybe some opportunities to go 4-2-3-1. We also have AFCON and general wear and tear concerns.

13 hours ago, mdmost said:

What about Sancho?

He'll be a target as well. What makes Werner unique is his release clause needs to be triggered before the end of Apil if I remember correctly.

11 hours ago, pied said:

Too much money I think, value simply not there.

This is simply not true. 

9 minutes ago, maninblack said:

He'll be a target as well. What makes Werner unique is his release clause needs to be triggered before the end of Apil if I remember correctly.

This is simply not true. 

You can be a great player and over-valued. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maninblack said:

This is correct but nothing about Sancho's rumored values makes your original statement correct.

Technically it's an opinion, "Too much money I think, value simply not there." and you can certainly disagree with that but not certain it makes it not correct. :)  

This may be crap, but I haven't seen less than £100m for some time.   

According to German publication Bild, Dortmund are now hopeful they can demand around £121m (€140m) for winger.

That would not be enough to price out United as they look to put the finishing touches on their rebuilding job.

But Liverpool and Chelsea will be cautious of spending such a vast sum.

Sancho would not be guaranteed to start every match at Anfield given the form of Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1250097/Man-Utd-news-Jadon-Sancho-transfer-gossip-rumours-Liverpool-Chelsea

Yeah, seems like a lot for a guy who really isn't going to push anyone out of the way. More options in the midfield would be nice. Gini's contract status is still up in the air, right? Like Keita a lot but the injuries seem to be keeping him from being the guy. Same with Ox. 

So with Werner, what's the plan for how to use him? Move to a different formation? I will admit, formations and positions are not my strong suit. Among many things. 

has anybody thought of this bullshit scenario?  COVID-19 cases explode in the U.K. in the next month.  U.K. health secretary bans large group gatherings.  EPL decides that games will continue but fans will not be allowed to attend (like in Italy).

Liverpool clinches its first EPL title . . . in an empty Anfield.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-government-wont-rule-out-banning-large-gatherings-says-health-secretary-11946939

Edited by Jive Turkey