Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

Looking at Watford...the loss of Henderson really appeared crucial early on vs. WHU.  I think Watford will give us a battle. 

I would love to see LFC go undefeated; sadly, I don’t think it will happen, & I see a tie somewhere as well. All but clinching the title so early contributes to that. But 35-2-1 would be incredible. 

Exactly. Going through a 38-game season with no defeats is not realistic (yes, I have a healthy respect for what arsenal did, but we won’t have near that many ties).

I love what this team has accomplished, and I think it will stand for a long time. A lesser record I would love to see LFC pass is Reading’s 106 EFL points from 15 years ago. 

Getting back to Watford; I could see them being the cockroach. Pearson has helped them, & he knows the value of this game. Vicarage Rd will be packed & rocking Saturday. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mossyhorn said:

Getting back to Watford; I could see them being the cockroach. Pearson has helped them, & he knows the value of this game. Vicarage Rd will be packed & rocking Saturday. 

Watford found new life under Pearson early on but they've got 5 points since Jan 12 (6 PL matches, including a win against Bournemouth who've been awful). They also lost an FA Cup replay to Tranmere, who are currently in 21st place League One.

They gave us a handful at Anfield and their burly midfield could give us problems without Henderson in there, but I don't really see them scoring. 

2 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Watford found new life under Pearson early on but they've got 5 points since Jan 12 (6 PL matches, including a win against Bournemouth who've been awful). They also lost an FA Cup replay to Tranmere, who are currently in 21st place League One.

They gave us a handful at Anfield and their burly midfield could give us problems without Henderson in there, but I don't really see them scoring. 

Fair points, but I didn't see West Ham scoring two at Anfield either.  We aren't playing really well right now, which is ok given that we haven't lost in almost 14 months, but it would be nice to be a little sharper going into the FAC/CL games that matter.

5 hours ago, Mossyhorn said:

Looking at Watford...the loss of Henderson really appeared crucial early on vs. WHU.  I think Watford will give us a battle. 

I would love to see LFC go undefeated; sadly, I don’t think it will happen, & I see a tie somewhere as well. All but clinching the title so early contributes to that. But 35-2-1 would be incredible. 

Not sure why people think this. Unless Henderson was going to go against his natural inclinations and start being a dynamic creative player in the midfield it would've made zero difference with him. Literally look at the game right before West Ham.

4 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Not sure why people think this. Unless Henderson was going to go against his natural inclinations and start being a dynamic creative player in the midfield it would've made zero difference with him. Literally look at the game right before West Ham.

Yup. And you and I often disagree on Henderson but this is spot on. Henderson is an extremely valuable player but the West Ham game was fucking screaming for a midfield runner to break the lines. The only midfielders we have capable of doing that are Ox and Naby. Naby for whatever reason didn’t want to do that against West Ham. Ox needs to start basically every game against teams that will park the bus