2019 Super Regional Thread

Horny Bull

Jamming the 2 best B12 teams into a Super when they should have been spread out with an opportunity for both 2 earn a CWS spot.  But I guess the committee didn't want to risk them eliminating 2 precious SEC teams.

Still trying to play catch up on this thread. I agree with you and can’t for the life of me fathom why they would put two conference mates against each other when both deserve to be in the CWS. My Ole Miss team is the only SEC team matched up with another SEC team, and I pray to God we win tomorrow.
Subject change, and siap, but that Okie State first baseman better get some fucking sleep tonight. Because he almost cost his team the chance to play tomorrow with three errors imo.
Hang on to the ball whilst tagging the runner.
Don’t loaf your fatass over to the ball because you’re sad that you dropped it.
Don’t risk another error with a terrible, never gonna happen throw.
He owes that Tech closer a year off of his life.
  • Like 2

Rocker finishes off the no hitter by striking out the side in the 9th!  Talk about stepping up when your team needs it most.

I'm sure Kurt Bohls will have something to say about his 131 pitches thrown.

Edited by WBT
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

Leadoff double for Michigan to start the bottom of the 9th.  They need 1 to force extras and 2 to punch their ticket.

Bunted over to third.  1 out

Left fielder that dropped fly ball has chance to redeem himself with this at bat.

Edited by LTtxfan

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

If this UCLA team somehow manages to win this series vs Michigan, it probably frees them up to get hot at CWS in Omaha.

They haven't lost a 3 game series all year.  They've been hot since opening day.

This has gotta be brutal for UCLA fans.

Edited by Augustus

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

They haven't lost a 3 game series all year.  They've been hot since opening day.

This has gotta be brutal for UCLA fans.

The 8 best teams don't make it to Omaha... but at least you have to lose twice to be eliminated.

• Like 1

Runner at 3rd allows an easy double play because he thought that short hop to the 3rd baseman was caught in the air.  The ump through up a safe sign immediately.  Either the runner or the 3rd base coach has to realize what was happening.

Edited by WBT

So that inning.  3 errors by Michigan.  Bases loaded no outs.  

Dude walks off 3rd base and gives himself up for no reason-double play.

Coach intentionally walks the bases loaded like an idiot.

Ball 4 is called a strike-then guy grounds out for 3rd out.

This is like watching a little league game.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I still don't understand how the guy on 3rd was called out.

It was a hit with bases loaded, he has to advance home. Guy on 2nd has to advance to 3rd.

Since 3rd baseman didn't have to throw home, he easily tagged the runner on way from 2nd to 3rd

Edited by BluTechsan

That's one of craziest half innings that I've ever seen in baseball....

• Bases loaded,  line drive dropped by 3B -- runners aren't sure if the line drive was caught or not
  • tags runner on third, then touches 3B for force out & double play
  • Runners now 1st & 2nd, and Michigan intentionally walks bases loaded   (still 2 outs)
  • Michigan pitcher goes 3-0, then on a 3-1 count throws ball 4 and ump calls it a strike
  • Count now 3-2, groundout 4-3 and UCLA goes scoreless after bases loaded and no outs....

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

It was a hit with bases loaded, he has to advance home. Guy on 2nd has to advance to 3rd.

Since 3rd baseman didn't have to throw home, he easily tagged the runner on way from 2nd to 3rd

I just didn't see a legal tag, since the 3Bman dropped the ball (of course) while tagging him.  

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I just didn't see a legal tag, since the 3Bman dropped the ball (of course) while tagging him.  

My guess:

Ball was live since line drive was not caught.

Third baseman tagged runner that was on 3B.... Ump said tag was legal tag and out #1. 

Then third baseman dropped ball trying to take it out of glove,  picked it up and touched 3B for the 2nd out.

Edited by LTtxfan